Ch 12

The Circus

 

Previously 3rd POV 

 

Deciding to test the theory.  He concentrated on willing the water in follow his hand.  Junmyeon thought that he was going to be proven wrong. But the exact opposite happened.  The more he concentrated, the more the water would follow his hand motions. 

 

Gasping as he felt a hand on his shoulder.  Making loose all his concentration.  When he turned around to see who it is.  He found Yixing. 

 

"Oh, hello Prince Yixing." Said Junmyeon.

 

3rd POV

 

Junmyeon hurriedly bolted from his feet.  With quick realization, who he had greeted.  So casually.  Nearly causing himself to topple into the water.  From his spot, on the edge of the river's bank.  To do a proper greeting, to the prince.  Turning swiftly on feet, regaining all of his balance.  That he had previously lost after a moment of surprise.  

 

"Are you alright?  I didn't mean to surprise you." Said Yixing. 

 

"I'm good, I guessing that I had just zoned out.  Into my own thoughts."  Junmyeon replied. 

 

"And it seems that you figured out, what's your power." Yixing Said. 

 

"I feel a connection to water, I guess.  Even if it sounds a bit weird.  Ever since I was a child.  When we were traveling between towns.  Between the tiresome hours of nonstop practice and performing.  All I wanted to do was to escape to a river or lake.  Which was extremely rare.  Just to stop feeling all this dread that I carried.  I mean that yes, I have my brothers.  We aren't related in blood.  But It definitely feels like.  With all that we have gone through together.  Our connection is more than blood.  Any body of water feels as a safe haven to me. " Junmyeon Spoke.  With an absent mind.  Eyes and mind alike, drifted to a place somewhere far off in the distance. 

 

"It's typically normal.  To feel what you feel.  Each of us feel a connection towards something related to our power.  As you do with water." Said Yixing. 

 

"We should head back.  I bet that everyone's starting to wonder what's taking so long?"

 

"Uhm, let's go then."

 

Both head back together.  Enjoying each other's company and the quietness of the forest.  The peaceful atmosphere passed by faster than expected.  As it was soon replaced by the sweet, uplifting sound of laughter and yelling.  

The two turned to each other wondering what was going on.  After passing the border of the forest.  

 

They are greeted with the sight of Chanyeol and Baekhyun running back, with what sounded like. 

 

"Yah, I'm not an elf."

 

"Yes you are, you giant elf."

 

"Come back here, you beagle."

 

The nickname caused Baekhyun to stop right in his tracks. 

 

"I'm not a beagle."  He pouted out. With his arms crossed.  Glaring at Chanyeol.  But it wasn't anything scary.  The opposite, is more the answer.  He resembled a puppy, who just his toy took from him.  

 

"Ha Ha! Beagle! Giant elf! Ha!  I can't with these two." Laughed out, Jongdae.  Not caring about his appearance.  Rolling around on the ground.  While laughing himself to death.  

 

"Be quiet, troll."

"Be quiet, you Dino"

 

Was what he got in return.  

 

"No point in arguing."

"You did it to yourself."

 

"What is it today, gang up on Jongdae day?!" He exclaimed. 

 

"Where are the others?" Junmyeon Asked.  Deciding that it was time to switch topics. 

 

"I'm up here. " Came a voice. 

"Just look in the tree, right in front of your eyes." The same voice spoke again. 

 

"Oh, hi Tao. What are you doing up there?" Said Yixing.  While shuffling closer to get better look. 

 

"Just hanging about, quite literally." Was the reply that he got in return.  A few giggles escaping between his lips, when Tao was saying his reply. 

 

"Would you like to come down, or stand up where  you are?"

 

"I'm going to come down, in a few.  It's peaceful up here."  Tao Said. 

 

"Uhm okay."

 

The grumbling of someone's tummy was heard. 

 

"Looks like someone is hungry."  Said Jongin. From the direction of the maze.  With Kyungsoo walking along beside him. 

 

A shrill scream.  Lead to all heads turning to the sound.  

 

"Sehun put me down." Yelled Luhan. 

 

Sehun was using his power of wind to lift Luhan.  While Luhan was yelling at Sehun to put him down. 

 

A slightly amused Yifan was spotted, not far away.  Sitting against a tree.  With his legs stretched out in front of him and arms folded behind his head. 

 

"Sehun, you might want to bring Luhan down.  Luhan's afraid of heights."  Said Minseok.  Who barely anyone could notice.  As he was quiet the whole time.

 

Sehun gently set Luhan back onto the ground.  After he had heard Minseok say that.  

 

Luhan's legs buckled, upon touching the ground.  Curling slightly into himself. As he works on regaining back his bearings.  Minseok moved himself to be squatting, right next to Luhan.  Whispering words of comfort.  To help Luhan. 

 

"Has Luhan always happened to have a fear of heights?" One of the princes Asked. 

 

"It's not a fear, more like a trauma.  That he had experienced."  Junmyeon Said. 

 

"It would have to be extreme in some ways, for it to become a trauma." Said Yixing. 

 

"It was more than extreme.  In some terms.  But over the years I had to get over it.  With the type of situation that we were stuck in.  How could you be able to perform the tricks that you need to do.  If you had such a fear." Luhan Said.  After he  had calmed down.  

 

Continuing on, "After the event.  I couldn't even be a mere few feet off the ground.  Before I would go into major panic attacks.  Time happened and I had to push through it.  With the help of my brothers.  I was able to push through.  When I just wanted to give up.  Through all the ups and down, the thick and thin.  We had to push through.  As a matter of survival.  A matter of life or death.  The next meal.  We just had each other."  Luhan finished off.  

 

"You have all been through so much.  I'm over a hundred percent sure, that my brothers and I would hate for you or anyone to go through what you have gone through.  In any means, I don't wish for this to sound as an act of pity.  But please talk to us.  We don't want any of you.  Holding everything inside.  Till you eventually break.  We don't want to have to see you go through anything alone.  You can open up to us.  We are soulmates.  We are connected."  Said Yixing. 

 

 

Author's note

Hi, I know this is late but hope you enjoyed the chapter.  Please feel free to comment and let me know how's the story. Or anything in general.