The Performance

The Circus

Previously 

 

As soon as finished tying the laces for their boots. They hear a knock on the door and this time it was another man. "It is time." Was all he said.

 

Third POV

 

(The tent is for the performers to practice. The actual performance is held in the palace main hall, just to let you know. )

 

 

 

 

As soon as the doors opened, the guests poured in settling down on the array of tables. As soon as all the guests were seated. The Royal Messenger arrived and said,"The Royal Family has arrived."

 

In which everyone stood up. In order to greet the Royal Family. On top of the staircase stood eight figures as they stride down. Who included the queen and king, then followed by the six princes. Each had a mask upon their faces. As the Princes were seen, whispers could be heard. Girls who looked like they were drowning in the amount of makeup, fabrics, and jewelry. Were seen trying their best to look appealing to the princes, in order to get their attention. But were failing to no prevail.  Not even giving a glance. As the princes arrived in front of their throne, with their parents waiting patiently. Each throne was made specifically to correspond with each of the princes' powers.  

 

 

The king stood up from his throne as said, "Today marks the day, my sons will find their mates. Who will rule alongside them as the rulers of Exoplanet. Let us all enjoy. And let the Mate Ball begin."  Exactly on point, the lights dimmed. Everyone seated and turned their attention to the center.  And with a sudden flash. There stood a figure, a male.  With a black mask decorated in silver swirls and a black top hat, with what looked like bunny ears.  Along with a blue fan.  That was hanging from a ribbon, that was tied around his waist.

 

With a small bow he spoke, "Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to the Exo circus.  I am the ringmaster.  And I hope that you will enjoy the show!"  As soon as he spoke, Yixing felt a sudden flood of emotions.  He thought, " Is he, my mate?  He is a performer, though?  Which doesn't matter.  Though, I will have to ask mother and father about it."  Continuing, looking at him.  As his stares at possibly his mate.  Who was moving with such fluid movements, as if water.

 

 

 With a flicker of his hand, Lights started flashing.  All around the entire perimeter of the stage. Upon each flash, a new figure appeared. In the end, six figures were remaining.  Another flash and then only two were left.  Both were perched, high up.  Each on a platform.  A tightrope was in-between the two platforms.  As if birds ready to take off, waiting. One was holding with one hand. What looked like as an extremely long swing. And the other was balancing, perfectly on the edge of the tightrope.  What was shocking to those who never been the performance was that there was no net to catch them if they were to fall.

 

Soon music started playing.  From where exactly, no one knew. The one with the swing started off.  As he ran off the small platform.  With the swing in hand, and took off.  The crowd watching with anticipation.  But no one was more focused on him, then Chanyeol.  He thought to himself. " He looks as bright as the sun, no was brighter. (cheesy, Lol)  Soaring through the air as he lights up the entire room.  Flipping with little to no effort.  My little light."  

 

He noticed that the figure was getting closer to him.  Well not exactly only him. But closer to where the Royal Family was sitting.  In one glance, the figure was right in front of him.  Staring right into his eyes.  A male, who looked that he was shorter. If they were to ever stand next to each other.  He was wearing a black and gold mask.  Made with delicate designs, barely not covering a part of his face.  

 

But what stood out was his eyes.  Fragile as if a crystal.   As if a touch would him.  Filled with what looked like fear, pleading for safety.   He wanted to just reach for him.  To give him everything, he ever wished for.  To wrap his arms around his waist.  And give him love.  For what could have only been a few seconds. He could have sworn that he had seen a glimpse of gold.  And then he was gone.  Disappearing into the sea of people and darkness below.  Barely catching himself from going after him. Gone, nowhere found.

 

The lone figure, who was just on the other platform.  Started off the tightrope.  Balancing perfectly on the tightrope.  As he starts to move in with an elaborate number of spins, jumps, and turns.  Not even missing his footing.  Which was good.  Every movement soft, as the first snow of winter.   Wearing a black and blue mask.  Immediately catching the attention of Chen.  Who was staring at him, with such undivided attention.  Watching every movement.  As he was thinking,  " Could he possibly be my mate?"  As he felt a warm feeling, run throughout his body.  He watched every motions was soft and swift.  A small smile, left adoring his face.  

 

After he had disappeared.  Two different males.  Both with similar figures.  But one was taller, was wearing a black and silver masks.  While the other who was slightly short, was wearing an all gold colored mask.  They moved into the center.  Another male, shorter than both male.  Came and gave a wushu stick to the tallest.  Catching the attention of Kai, Kris and Sehun.  Each looking at a different male.  The shortest of the three.  Who was wearing a green mask.  Started moving a little, off onto the side.  Preparing for the next act.  As Kai was watching him.  Leaving the two.  Both started moving slowly,  quickly picking up speed.  As they move around each other.  Almost like dancing.  With each movement, against time.  The tallest looked as he was fighting the shorter.  Using his wushu stick, performing an array of flips, kicks and turns.  While the other, moved around rapidly moving against gravity.  Sehun and Kris fully focused.  

 

All of a sudden, the another male came back.  Carrying a huge stone.  Confusing everyone, in the crowd.  However as he was close to the center.  Ever single light went out.  Murmurs erupted, throughout the audience.  What seemed like hours,  but was actually only barely a minute.  Till a single light went on.  Where all six performers were standing, around in a perfect circle. 

 

Up until the moment that the stone was thrown.  All attacked with barrelling force.  Each attacking in their own individual way.  Weapons such as small twin swords, a bow, and even with their own body.  Moving as one body.  Giving support to each other.  Performing with such ease.  Due to the many hours and years, spent training.  Covering each other's weaknesses.  With their own strengths.  Depend on only each other, no else.  

 

At the last moment,  a remain of the stone.  Was flying directly towards the bunny-eared ringmaster.  The remain was small, but sharp enough to hurt him.  Barely noticing the shard of stone.  He quickly grabbed his fan.  Using it to help deflect the shard.  From injuring him.  But  failed to miss, a smaller shard that was also coming his way.  Scratching him on his arm, before it was hit away by one of the other performers.  Yixing, looked at his parents.  Silently asking them.  But his parents mouthed, after.  To not cause anymore trouble.

 

Everyone else was still in shock.  The performers were confused.  How they could have possibly missed it.  Having done this enough times.  Never having one of their own injured during a performance.  But each quickly gathered themselves and with only using their eyes they contacted each other.

 

  The injured ringmaster had fear evident, on his eyes.  Which quickly gained the attention of the princes.  "Why was he so scared?"  As he clasped his injured arm.  All the performers gathered into a straight line and bowed, towards the audience.  As The Royal Family and then the rest.  Stood up and clapped as the performers bowed.  Concluding the performance.  Each prince had their eyes trained onto their mate.  Concentrated fully on them.  As they stared at ground.  Standing up straight, they bring their eyes into the crowd.  As each brought up their eyes,  into those, who happen to but of the princes.  Each sharing the same fear, that the Ringmaster had.  Each performer quickly bow their heads.  Once they recognized, who they had met their eyes with. 

 

A man was seen walking behind the performers.  He was wearing an all black mask, which looked of a cat's.  All the performers were in clear shock.  As the lights went off, then back on.  All the performers and along with the man were gone.

 

Whispering could be heard.  Spreading like wild-fires.  Telling about the performance and what had just happened.  

 

All the princes looked at each other and then to their parents as they said," We need to talk."

 

Author note:  Hello, the chapter's now up and thank you for reading.  School is now done.  So I will have more time, now.  Feel free to ask questions or anything.  -vobo_galaxy