Ch 15

The Circus

Previously

"How about we continue this conversation, after we eat.  I think that Minseok would need the energy.  From first using his powers." Said Jongdae. 

 

"Let's go." Said Jongin.  Who was already sprinting towards the already set food.  

 

Laughs were heard all around. 

 

"We all are children in heart. Some more than others." Said Kyungsoo.  Speeding up to catch up with Jongin.

 

Third POV

 

Once arriving at the location.  Where lunch was set up.  Already seated, were the King and Queen. 

 

"Mother."

 

"Father."

 

Each prince gave a curt bow.  Towards each of their parents.  

 

The performers followed the princes and bowed.  But had hold it for longer.  

 

In a sign of respect. 

 

"Let's get started, before all the food that is prepared, gets cold." Said the Queen. 

 

Everyone situated themselves in a shape, that could similarly represent a circle. 

 

Everyone was seated next to their soulmate.  Close to how it was like, during Breakfast. 

 

Minseok sat next to the Queen. With Jongdae to his left. 

 

The Queen spoke again.  

 

This time only towards Minseok, " Are you not feeling well?" 

 

"Or possibly is that you discovered your power." She asked. 

 

Minseok had looked up, when she asked.  From were was looking at all the food that was arranged in front of them.  Debating what he should get.  Along like his fellow performers.  

 

Who were all still full from lunch.  But were trying to eat something.  To not disappoint or anger the princes.  Though deep in their hearts.  They knew that the princes would not be angry at them.  

 

Minseok looked over to Jongdae. 

 

Noticing Minseok's discomfort. 

 

 Jongdae said, "Mother, Minseok discovered his power.  Not long ago actually."

 

"What is his power?" She asked.  

 

"I have frost or ice." Spoke Minseok. 

 

"When did you find out." The King Asked. 

 

"On our way, when we were passing through the enchanted garden." Said Yifan, as he re-encounters the details on the event.

 

The Queen and King gave a congratulatory nod. 

 

"Junmyeon also found his power." Said Yixing. 

 

"What's your power, Junmyeon Hyung?" Said Baekhyun, excitingly.  Already knowing Minseok's.  Eager to discover his own. 

 

"I have the power of water.  I discovered it.  While I was testing a theory of mine.  When I was in the woods, I encountered a river. Pretty much it."  Replied Junmyeon.

 

Doing his best to look unphased from all the attention that was pointed towards him. 

 

Opposite to the fact.  Of the soft blush, ghosting his cheeks. 

 

"Why don't we actually start eating." Said Jongin. 

 

And that was what happened. 

 

The performers just had served themselves, a couple of fruits.  Despite the variety of other edibles.  That were a lot more filling.  

 

The princes noticed this. 

 

Wanting to add more onto their soulmates plate.  As looked as only skin and bones.  Some more than others.  But decided otherwise.  Not wanting to cause any pain or sadness to their soulmate.

 

All the performers had quickly finished.  Before the Princes had finished, half of their plate. 

 

A couple were picking on a strawberry.  On their own plate. 

 

Another was picking on a slice of peach. 

 

The princes quickly finished up.  Not wanting for their soulmates to wait any longer. 

 

The rest of the day was spent.  Getting to know each other.  Exploring the grounds.  Playing games.  

 

Weaving through the maze.  Challenging everyone to see, who could reach the center of the maze first.  Was the winner.  

 

Who turned out to be Kyungsoo.  As he was was the first one. To make it to the center.  

 

Everyone called it a day.  

 

Falling asleep in their soulmates arms. 

 

Laying on a spread out blanket,

 

Stargazing.