The Mate Ball

The Circus

Thank you for reading. Here's the next chapter. Hope you like it.

Previously

"Go now, your mother and I have some planning to do." The king said.

All the Princes left. Heading towards the Training room, to help calm their minds.

Third P.O.V (Pretty much looks like the story will be in 3rd P.O.V)

The remaining of the day was filled with training. Training their hardest to be ready to protect their kingdom, and their mates, from any threats to come.  As they have heard news about threats. Groups who were has attempting to steal the throne. 

In the training room, where windows were lined along the walls. Letting the light shine through, with the ceiling only high enough where Chanyeol and Kris/Yifan could transform into their other form and fly/fight. Which they were doing. For Chanyeol it was a glowing fire Phoenix. And for Kris(Yifan), as he preferred. Was a dragon. With its mighty glory. Along the walls were perches and edges. Perfect for teleporting, for Kai (Jongin). All the see was glimpses of him. As he teleported from one to another. Avoiding lightning strikes was bursts of wind, from Chen(Jongdae) and Sehun. On one of the corners of the room. Yixing (Lay) was seen using his powers the control all the plants and flowers. Creating all sorts of potions. From treating the simplest bruise to the deadliest of kinds.  Often seen in the infirmary.  All the princes were drenched in sweat, with their well-toned bodies, from long hours of training since young.  As Lay had taken it upon himself, to be able to fight with a range of different weapons.  He was sparring with Chen and Sehun, as Chanyeol and Kris were fighting either their other forms, in the air.  Or with swords.  Both of them being the tallest, out of all their brothers.

The week passed by.  As the princes trained.  Along with the long hours of measurements and planning.  After what felt like an eternity, the day arrived.  All can be seem were servants.  As they moved in all directions.  In eager preparations.  As the whole kingdom was.  The day for the Princes to find their mates.  Their other half.   Who will rule the kingdom, alongside them.

Each prince was in their bedroom, as they got ready.  With the finest of clothes, adoring their bodies.  WIth the final adjustments of their outfits and the slight ruffle of their hair, they were off.  Making sure to not forget the most important thing, of a masquerade ball.  Their masks.  As each prince walked outside of their bedrooms, into the hallway.  They all looked at each other and knew that today was the day, that they will find their mates.  All of the princes walked together with their masks.  Towards the Mate Ball.

(Princes Mask below)

Chanyeol's mask 

Chanyeol's mask 

Kai's mask

Sehun's mask

Sehun's mask

Sehun's mask 

Kris' mask

Lay's mask

Lay's mask

 

Chen's mask 

Chen's mask

Chen's mask

 

Third P.O.V

Six figures were gathered.  Not knowing the reason that they have been called.  They were only told to stand there.  One was fiddling with one of his throwing knives, that he had in his pocket.  Since they were all practicing, when they were called.  Another was seen staring at their shoes, another playing with a loose string, from one of the edges, of their shirt.  Two of them were next to each other quietly about different ideas, for their costumes.  The remaining two were discussing quietly, different ideas for there future performances.  But a thought still didn't leave their mind.  "Did we do something wrong."  Fully aware of the feeling that were being watched.  Each of their movements, watched by their Boss' henchmen.  All stood side by side, wearing their masks, as that was the rule, for the six of them.  Never to take the masks off, no one must know, who you were and what you looked like.  If you did then you will pay for it, physically.  Never to question why, but to do it.   A lesson that they learned the hard way and will never want to go through again.  Still having scars.  

The six of them had been together since they were kids.   All having been brought to the Circus under different circumstances, but for all the same reason.  None of them knew the reason why they had ended up there, but the first thing was to wear the mask that was given to them, upon their arrival.  And to do what they were told to do.  All the other staff had always looked at them with distaste.  Since the day that they have arrived.  Which lead them to the place that they are in now.

"The Boss has arrived", someone said.  As soon as the mates heard these words.  They all quickly move to stand in a straight line, next to each other, with their heads bowed.  As they have been doing it for most their lives.  Each one was wondering, why was the boss here.  Did we do something wrong, went through each head, again.  As they were trembling in fear.

"Suho," who was the leader of the group.  The boss started saying.  In what appeared to be a sickly tone.  As each wait for their name to be called, flinching upon when their's was called.

"Xiumin." The oldest of the six.  The Boss continued.

"Luhan."

"Baekyun."

"D.O."

"And Tao." The youngest.

"Do you know the reason that I have called for the six of you." The Boss said.  Each giving a timid shake,  weary to the reason.

"I assume that they have heard that it is time for the Princes to find their Mates?" He said.  In which they all replied with a soft, "Yes, Sir."  They were aware rumors, going around.  From the other staff.

"The Princes are going to have their Mate Ball and the Queen and King have asked us to perform at the Mate Ball.  Meaning that they six of you will be performing at the Mate Ball"  He went on.  All six of them were in shock.  They were going to perform at the Mate Ball.  In front of thousands.  And more importantly, in front of the Royal Family.  

Suho raised his trembling hand and the Boss gave him a wave of his hand, to speak.  "When will it be?"  Suho asked, with a tremor in his voice.  Since he was the leader and he had been there for the longest.  The reason for him being the ringleader, for the performances.

"The Mate Ball is going to be held, in a weeks time."  The Boss replied.  A week they said to themselves.  Their minds going into overdrive, as they were thinking up a tornado.  Full of ideas for the performances.  

"You are all dismissed," The boss finished. 

As soon as the Boss said it.  They all went off.  We are going to perform at the Mate ball.  One of the most important events, in the entire kingdom.  Thinking up different ideas, for their performances, costumes, and an assortment of others.  The days flew by fast.  Every single day filled with hours of practice.  Each twist, jump, spin, throw, and action done, was practice beyond perfection.  Every single body part was sore.  But still pushing past their limits.  The days that were left.  Were count-down, until the day had arrived, the day of the Mate Ball.

As all six had fallen asleep, after what was first a quick break, from rehearsal.  Had turned into all six of them, huddled together.  Fast asleep, for a much-needed rest.  Even if it was only for an hour or two, maybe three.  Which would have been pushing it.  As they always barely got close to none sleep at all.  With extensive training, pushing their bodies each time.  Close to the brim of breaking.  Xiumin being the first one to wake up.  He started waking up the others.  As everyone was finally up, after having some difficulties.  They all headed towards their bedroom, which they have always shared together, for years.  One look at the clock, that stood on one of the bedside tables.  All that could see was dust.  As they rushed around.  In search of all their needed necessities.  Moving back and forth, as they got ready.  After everyone was ready.  With their masks tightened and a small bag that each carried with their few belongings.  That consisted of a hairbrush, some makeup used for their performances, a small first aid kit to treat their multiple cuts that littered their skins, Their costumes and a small reminder that they had left of their parents.  And off they went towards the palace.

Upon arriving at the palace, they showed their pass for performers, to the many guards.  That were stationed around the perimeter of the entire palace.  They head towards the huge tent, where they were going to perform at.  Which was placed in the enormous palace lawn.  When they entered inside, all you could see are workers.  Throughout the entire tent.  Doing final run-throughs.  In order, to make sure that everything runs smoothly.  

"Are we really going to perform here," Baekyun spoke aloud, with a voice that anyone could tell that was barely used, as like all the others in the group.  The thought that they all shared.

"I can't believe that we are actually here," said Luhan.  Shaking his head, making sure it wasn't a dream.

"Am I dreaming, if not then just pinch me,"  Tao said. "Ow!, ya I didn't mean all of you."   After he got pinched by each of his friends, at the same time.  Then proceeding to move away, from them.  Because he was not in the mood of getting pinched again.  Rubbing his sore arms.

"You asked for it,"  D.O replied, in return.

Both Xiumin and Suho were together whispering about the whole ordeal of the performance that they will be doing.  Suho turned around abruptly, as he had felt a tap on his shoulder, thinking that it was one of the Boss's henchmen.  But it was actually a lady, who seemed to be from the palace.  From her attire.

"You must be the performers."  She first spoke.

All six of them were paying attention, to her.  As Suho gave a small nod with a timid voice,"Yes we are the performers."  His voice soft, from not using it often.  But the other friends were worse.  Since Suho would mostly only use his voice when they perform.  Due to almost every hour of the day.  Was filled with either practicing or with a performance.  

"Then follow me.  The Mate Ball will be starting soon.  So you will have to hurry and get ready.  Also, your masks, go perfectly with the theme."  After having received a confused expression, from each of them.  

She said," Theme is masquerade.  Now here's the dressing room.  Off you go and get ready.  Someone will come and fetch you when it is time."  As she sped off, to finish the last arrangments, wondering why they weren't informed about it, with their masks.

"Okay then let's go get ready then,"  Said Suho.

(The mates' masks Below)

Baekyun's mask

Baekyun's mask

D.O's mask

Xiumin's mask 

Xiumin's mask

Xiumin's mask

Luhan's mask

Luhan's mask

Tao's mask

Suho's mask 

Suho's mask

Suho's Ringmaster top hat 

Suho's Ringmaster top hat

As soon as finished tying the laces for their boots

As soon as finished tying the laces for their boots.  They hear a knock on the door and this time it was another man.  "It is time."  Was all he said.