Chapter 10 [They?]

He's back!?

 

A couple of days had passed since L.Joe came back. Everything was back to normal and Chunji was feeling good. Niel and Minsoo started talking to L.Joe more. The three of them stopped ignoring each other and just forgot about their past.

Chunji and L.joe were sitting in the living room, watching TV when suddenly Niel came running in the room. He stopped in front of L.Joe and looked him with his sad eyes.

“W-what’s wrong?” L.Joe asked surprised.

“Um… Remember that kid from the park…um…” Niel stopped to think for his name.

“Kevin?” L.Joe raised his brow.

“Yes” yelled Niel. “He was…he’s in the hospital” said Niel.

“What?” yelled L.joe surprised and stood up. “What happened?” he asked and went to take his jacket.

“A car hit him” answered Niel.

“Oh my god… I have to visit him” said L.Joe and left.

He took the bus to the hospital and soon he was there. He first searched the hallways to find some nurses or a doctor. But everything was empty. What the fudge… L.joe furrowed his eyebrows. Suddenly he saw a doctor exiting a room. L.Joe called out for him and he stopped.

“Excuse me… Do you know in which room is Kevin?” asked L.Joe.

“You must be Byunghun” smiled the doctor.

“Yes…” smiled L.Joe awkwardly. How the hell does he know my name?

“Kevin has been calling for you” said the doctor. “He kept saying that you promised something… I don’t know” he shook his head and sighed.

Promised? Oh no, I promised to play with him again but I didn’t sighed L.Joe as well. “How is he now? Is he okay?”

“He is fine but… the car hit him really bad and he might stay paralyzed”

“What?” yelled L.Joe. “Oh my god, this is all my fault” he said frustrated. “Can I see him?”

“Sure” nodded the doctor. “He’s in this room” he pointed to one of the rooms and left.
L.joe went inside and saw a boy lying on the bed with some machines surrounding him. He bit his lip and went towards Kevin. L.joe sat on the chair next to the bed and took the boy’s hand in his hands.

“I’m sorry Kevin” he whispered.

“Byunghun hyung” the boy opened his eyes and smiled when he saw L.Joe. “You came”

“Of course… I’m sorry that I broke my promise…”

“It’s okay hyung” the boy smiled again.

After all this he is still smiling.

“So… tell me what happened? How did it came to this?” asked L.Joe.

“Honestly… I don’t know. I don’t remember anything. I just remember that I was waiting for you and the next thing I know…I woke up here”

“He doesn’t remember anything” mumbled L.Joe. 

“It’s been really boring here hyung” pouted Kevin.

“Aw then… I’ll come over everyday till you get out” smiled L.Joe. “You won’t be bored like that”

“Thanks Byunghun hyung”

L.joe stayed all day in the hospital, playing with Kevin. He promised him yet again that he’ll visit him every day.
While the two of them were playing his phone started to ring. It was Ricky calling.

“Hey Ricky, what’s up?” said L.Joe.

“L.joe hyung you have to come home now!” yelled Ricky. His voice was shaky and it sounded like he was panicking about something.

“Wow, why? Is everything okay?” L.joe panicked as well.

“No, it’s about Chunji hyung. I can’t tell you over the phone. Come quickly!” he demanded and hung up.
L.joe’s eyes widened and he stood up.

“I have to go… my friend needs me” he looked at Kevin. “We’ll play tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay” nodded Kevin. “Bye~”

~~

L.Joe ran to the bus station to take the bus. A lot of thoughts were going in his head. What could it be? Is he hurt? Is he gone? Did he leave me? Oh man… maybe they’re just playing with me… Nah after all this I don’t think they’ll do such a thing… And Ricky sounded really scary on the phone…
The bus finally came and interrupted his thoughts. He got in and in some minutes he was already home.

“What is it? Where’s Chunji hyung? Is he okay? YAH! Where is everybody? RICKY!” yelled L.joe as he came inside the house.

“Upstairs” someone yelled back.
L.Joe sighed and went upstairs. He went in Ricky’s room and everyone was already there well except Chunji.

“W-where’s Chunji?” panicked L.Joe.

The boys looked at each other before Minsoo started to speak. “…He’s in the Psychiatric hospital”

“What the hell? What is he doing in there?” yelled L.joe surprised. His eyes started to get teary. “Why is this happening?” he now started to cry.
Changjo got up and hugged L.Joe. The two of them sat down on the bed and Changjo explained to him why Chunji was in there.

“He tried to commit suicide, so because of his past they put him in the Psychiatric hospital”

“No no n-no, that’s not Chunji hyung. He will never do such a thing…Did… did you guys visit him?”

“Yeah… he looked pretty normal to me” said Ricky. “He was looking for you though”

“Me?” L.Joe stood up. “I’m going now” he left the room.

“I’ll drive you there” yelled Minsoo and followed L.joe.
The two of them got in the car and drove off. It was silent at first until Minsoo started talking.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” he looked at L.Joe.

“No” he mumbled and shook his head.

“Okay” nodded Minsoo and it became silent again.

~~

When they arrived the doctors surprisingly let L.joe visit him in his room. This looks familiar, he thought. Oh wait… yeah Kevin is in the hospital too. Sighed L.Joe and walked into the room. There was nothing in the room. Only a bed. Chunji was awake. He noticed that L.Joe had came and he quickly tried to get up and hug him but he couldn’t.

“L.Joe” he said and smiled.

“H-Hey” L.Joe’s voice cracked. He came closer to Chunji and tried so hard not to cry. But a tear fell from his eye anyways.

“I was waiting for you”

“Hyung” L.joe hugged him and started to cry. Chunji only smiled, glad that he's here. “Why did you do this? I thought you were fine. How come I didn’t see anything that was bothering you…I could of stopped this, I could of helped you” said L.Joe.

“L.Joe… I don’t remember anything… I don’t know what I’m doing here. They kept saying that I tried to kill myself but that’s not true… I didn’t do it.”

“Wait… you didn’t do it? Then why are you here?”

“They told me that they found me in the river… some man saw me jumping from the b-bridge” his voice cracked. “But I didn’t do it! I swear” he yelled.

Take this as a warning. L.Joe’s eyes widened at those words. He looked around to see who might of said that but there was no one there. That voice… sounded familiar… he thought and suddenly everything came to him. Those days that he had forgot hit him. “Oh my god… Chunji hyung I’m so sorry…” L.joe then slowly started to walk away. “I’ll help you, okay?” he smiled and then ran off, leaving Chunji alone.

“Hyung take me home, now!” he said coldly and got in the car. Minsoo only nodded and they left.

Ricky, Changjo and Niel were in the living room, watching TV.
L.Joe was the first one to enter the house. He had a serious face on. “Changjo, can I talk to you for a second?” he asked him and went upstairs.

“Sure” said Changjo and followed him in his room. As soon as the two of them were alone in the room, L.Joe pushed Changjo and his back hit the cold wall. “Yah, what the hell?” he yelled and went towards L.Joe but he just pushed him again.

“Don’t make me even more mad Changjo” said L.Joe.

“Huh? What’s gotten into you?” yelled Changjo.

“Just shut up” L.joe pushed him again. He looked him in the eyes. “You lied to me”

“About what? I didn’t lie to you about anything” defended Changjo.

“Where’s Eric? He’s not dead, isn’t he? I know he’s not. If he was this wouldn’t happened”

“What are you talking about?” Changjo got confused.

“Don’t play dumb! I bet you already know everything that had happened to me” yelled L.Joe. “I was kidnapped. They got me and then they got Kevin, an innocent kid that I only met once in my life and then they got Chunji hyung. My Chunji hyung!” he yelled.

Changjo widened his eyes surprised. “W-what? Who are they?” he asked.

“I don’t know… Apparently they won’t stop until they get to Eric”