From Spark to Fire

Status Quo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Lisa]

After the cheering practice, we all started to get ready to go home. Jennie went to find Lucas, insisting about going home with him while Rose and Jaehyun decided to skip from going home early and went to the nearest hotel instead, leaving me to go home alone. I was on my way to the parking lot when it suddenly hit me. I didn't bring my car with me today! Great! Maybe because it has been a long time since I drove my car since Ten's the one who always drives me, so I kind of bump it onto a post so I sent it to a car shop to get it fix.

"Aish. Jisoo had gone home already." I exclaimed, remembering that I came to school with her in her family car this morning. "Great! Just great! Arghh!"

"Get in." A voice startled me causing me to jerk a little.

"Oh, it's you." I rolled my eyes towards Ten who was standing by his car. "No, thank you."

"Aish— Just get in already. Stop being so hard headed, will you?" Ten lectured and I could feel my eyebrows twitching in anger. "Lisa, come on. It's getting dark and it will take time for you to hail a taxi at this hour. I don't want to leave you here alone. Please?"

Ten looked at me with his worried face and I felt this little sting in my chest and without realizing what I was doing, I was already entering his car. After a short while, he entered the car too and there was an awkward silence enveloping us both. I didn't dare to look towards him, afraid that I may take back my words about breaking up with him.

"Put on your seatbelt babe—" Ten had cut off in mid-sentence and I, too got surprised for a moment. "Sorry. It became a habit." He apologized and I swear, it hurt me to hear him taking back his nickname of endearment for me. "Seriously." I heard him sigh and I got surprised when he leaned in towards me, buckling my seatbelt for me. "There. All set." He smiled while I died.

I unbuckled the seatbelt and pulled him towards me, crashing my lips to his. At first, Ten was stunned and couldn't move but after a second, he kissed me back, only this time he was the one leading the kiss. God! I miss him so much and I knew he missed me too. The way he kissed me was so intense that I felt like melting. After minutes of kissing and making out inside the car, we finally broke the kiss, gasping for air that we didn't know we still needed.

"Would you still like to go home?" Ten whispered to me that made me smile naughtily and I knew he knew what would be the answer to his own question.

***

[Sohyun]

"You and Lisa got back together?" Taeyong questioned and all our attention was now towards his grinning best friend. "Wow, that's great. I'm happy for you man."

"Thanks." Ten exclaimed, his smile was still plastered on his face. "And that's why, you guys have to come." Ten rummaged through his bag and brought out quite a few envelopes containing letters from it. "Here."

Ten gave us each, including me. When I read what was written on the expensive-looking letter, my eyes widen and I almost groaned in disbelief.

"You are invited! In celebration of Lisa and Ten getting back together, we're happy to have you with us in a once-in-a-lifetime party. Enjoy drinking, dancing, singing and getting crazy with us at SM Town Club at 6:00 o'clock later this evening. See you there!"

As I finished reading the letter, I heard loud cheering and noises coming from his friends. It looked like these kinds of events were normal for them. They all seemed hyped about the party but I on the other hand was too terrified.

"Hey, are you okay?" I felt Taeyong tapping me on the shoulders and I just smiled but it came out weird. "Look at your face!" Taeyong laughed. "Relax. It's just a party."

"I don't think I should go." I started and I saw Taeyong and the other guys scowling at me.

"Oh, come on! It's a party! It would be fun!" Ten encouraged.

"Well yeah! Except that Jennie would be there!" I almost shouted, feeling scared. "Don't get me wrong Ten. It's just because your girlfriend is friends with Jennie, right? It would be better if I don't go."

"Don't worry, Sohyun-ah." Ten smiled in assurance. "Lisa promised me that they'll behave. As a token of us getting back together, I personally asked this of her."

"Really?" I was thankful after hearing it and I couldn't help but smile back at them. "Thanks Ten."

"And I will be there, so rest assured." Taeyong added which made me blush.

***

[Jungwoo]

It hurts after seeing your best friend smiling and laughing with another group of people aside from you. And that's exactly what I was feeling right now. Ever since we got into a fight, my conscience was telling me to talk with Sohyun again and explain everything but seeing her surrounded with the Artists, I found it difficult to approach her.

"Hey loser."

I quickly turned around after hearing the familiar voice. There, standing along the corridors with her bright aura and sassy-looking face, was Jennie. She was alone and it looked like she was trying her best to avoid the crowd noticing her.

"What do you want?" I asked with my strained voice and she might have noticed my bad mood and she suddenly looked disappointed.

"I— I just—" Jennie hesitated but her expression suddenly changed into a fierce one. "Yah! It's not like I was trying to make it up to you but here." She suddenly threw something in my way and I automatically reached out and caught it. "It's your choice if you'll come or not." And with that she left.

I read the content of the invitation letter and was tempted to crumple it and throw it away but I stopped in mid air when a thought suddenly entered my mind. I'm sure Sohyun would be there, knowing that Taeyong would be there too since he's best friends with Ten. This evening, I'll make sure to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter