Getting Attention

Status Quo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eight Years Ago:

It was getting dark and ten-year-old Sohyun was walking all alone inside the forest. She together with her family was in a family vacation back at her grandmother's. Sohyun was so thrilled and got excited that she just went her way around the place without any guardian, leaving her lost in the woods.

"Aish." The girl cursed when she realized that she was still lost after walking around aimlessly.

Sohyun decided to take a rest. She was about to sit on a fallen log but got distracted by the lights coming from ahead. She realized that they came from the street lights so she decided to head towards them. By the time that she arrived, it was totally dark. She forced herself against the tall bushes.

"Darn it." Sohyun cursed once again when her foot caught something and she struggled.

"Who's there?!"

Sohyun had finally freed herself and when she looked up, she was greeted by the sight of a young boy looking terrified. "Oh. You're a boy." She stated, feeling sorry for his pitiful look.

"Well, duh." The boy's expression suddenly changed, looking smug.

"Tsk." Sohyun clacked her tongue in disapproval, feeling annoyed and so, she decided to tease the boy a little by turning away and the boy quickly stopped her which made her smile.

"Here." Sohyun offered her hand towards him and he grabbed it. "Let's get out of here."

The two of them walked through the woods silently but then, Sohyun suddenly stopped and turned to look at the boy. She realized that she didn't even introduce herself to him.

"My name's Sohyun. Kim Sohyun." The girl said, smiling towards the scared-looking boy. "What's your name?" Sohyun asked right after.

When the boy was about to tell her, she quickly held her hand up, stopping him. The boy looked offended but decided to not answer.

"I'll just call you Winnie the Prince." Sohyun blurted, making the boy blush a little.

"Yah! Why would you call me that? I mean, I get the 'Prince' part, but what about the 'Winnie' part?" He spat, looking annoyed. And by the way, how long are we going to walk, huh? I thought you knew your way back! I followed you thinking that you could be of help! Aish. Yah! Stop laughing!" The boy whined and Sohyun just giggled, trying her best to stop laughing out loud.

"That. That's exactly why. You, being so whiny." Sohyun laughed and the boy looked embarrassed. "But you look handsome so I decided to add the prince part.

Lucas was stunned. He was used to people saying that he was handsome but it was the first time that he felt genuinely happy and shy at the same time just from hearing some girl saying it to him. Lucas decided to just let it slide. The both of them continued their little journey teasing and laughing at the same time.

"Young Master."

Both Sohyun and Lucas got startled when Onew came out from nowhere. Lucas felt Sohyun's hands clutching his arms and he realized that she was afraid of the stranger.

"It's okay." Lucas assured. "This is Onew, my grandfather's secretary."

"I'm sorry if I scared you, young miss." Onew bowed in apology.

"Oh. Is that so?" Lucas felt Sohyun letting go and he somehow felt disappointed.

"It's time to go back, young master. Your grandfather's waiting for you." Onew informed.

"Fine. But not before escorting her back safely to her home." Lucas stated and Onew smiled, thinking that his young master has finally learned his lesson about life.

"Of course." Onew finally said.

Lucas was delighted. It was the first time in his life that he enjoyed his summer vacation away from his usually luxurious one. Ever since that fateful night meeting Sohyun, he found himself wanting to be with her. He learned things he never thought he would which are enjoying life itself through simple things. But everything comes to an end and so did the summer vacation.

"Lucas! Where are you going so early in the morning? Your parents aren't picking you up till later this evening!" Lucas grandfather called after him but he just went out anyway, not even glancing at the old man. "Seriously, that kid." He chuckled, knowing exactly where his grandchild was going.

Lucas was in a hurry. He needed to see Sohyun before his parents would pick him up. He has to give her his real name at least. Just when he arrived at the familiar place of their hangout place, there was no sign of her and so he decided to wait for her, remembering that it was still early in the morning. But after hours of waiting, Sohyun still didn't arrived.

"Young master." Lucas looked up expectantly and met by the presence of Onew. "It's almost time. You have to go back. Your parents will be arriving soon."

Lucas didn't move a muscle at first but after looking around, he knew that it was hopeless to see her anymore. He sighed in defeat and brushed himself off and started to walk back towards his Grandfather's mansion.

***

[Lucas]

I smacked the alarm clock, turning it off. I shook myself awake until my eyes opened to the bright light coming from slightly opened curtain of the glass door by the veranda. I sat up groggily and sighed upon remembering my dream about me and Sohyun e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter