Enough is Enough

Status Quo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Taeyong]

I was with my friends eating our lunch at the cafeteria when I felt Ten nudging me on my side. I looked up and realize that all eyes were staring the same thing somewhere.

“Look, it’s Jisoo.” Ten stated.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” I quickly stood up and ran towards Jisoo.

It was hard to squeeze my way in the gathered crowd but after some pushing, I finally was able to enter the circle and I saw Jisoo, grabbing the neck tie of the girl more tightly making her choke.

“Hey, hey, hey! Jisoo.” I managed to grab her arms and pull her away from the other girl.

“Let me go!” Jisoo wailed and tried to grab the girl’s hair. “You don’t get it! They’re the ones who did it!”

My eyebrows creased when I heard Jisoo’s statement. I was still holding Jisoo back but my eyes were now focused on the girls who seemed to be traumatized by Jisoo’s action just now. When they noticed me looking at them, they quickly evaded my gaze.

“They were targeting me, not Sohyun!” Jisoo added, still struggling through my hold.

“What did you just say?” My voice came out louder than I intended them to be but I couldn’t help it. I was starting to understand Jisoo now. And If it’s right that they were the ones who did that despicable thing, and not to mention it was for Jisoo, my entire body was screaming for a payback.

“What’s going on here?!”

We all got startled when the School principal himself was standing behind us with some of the teachers. I felt Jisoo relax and I decided to let go of her from my hands.

***

[Lisa]

“Ugh. That was scandalous of her, don’t you think so?” I animatedly pointed out to my boyfriend as I was getting inside his car to go home. “I mean, sure. We do this kind of thing all the time but we made sure to not get caught especially by the school.”

“Here we go again with the rambling.” I heard Ten sigh beside me on the driver’s seat.

He started the engine and drove us on the road. I was still talking non-stop while he just kept driving while listening to me. He would sometimes comment but most of the time he would just listen and I really love this trait of him. Maybe that’s why I really couldn’t stand without him in my life. I mean, we’re together since our 1st year of middle school and ever since then, I started to depend on him.

“Thank god we kicked her out of the squad.” I finished, smiling victoriously.

I squeaked when the car screeched, stopping in the middle of the spacious road. I glared at Ten’s direction for the sudden stop but I got confuse by the way that he was looking at me in return.

“You did what?” Ten asked, looking furious.

“What what?” I asked in return, not sure about his question.

“You kicked Jisoo out from the cheering squad?” Ten asked in clarification.

“Well, yeah.” I shrugged, feeling bored by the current topic.

“What the hell, Liz!” Ten shouted, making me jump from my seat. “This is Jisoo we are talking about! She’s supposed to be your friend! Why did you do that?”

“Are you ing kidding me?” I shouted in return, feeling angry. “First of all, she’s not our friend anymore and second of all, why do you care???!”

“I care because this is about you! I wouldn’t want you making another mistake! And didn’t you even think about what would Jisoo feel? She loves cheering more than anything and you did what? You just broke her dreams and worse, her supposedly friends did it to her!” Ten yelled, his voice strained and his knuckles turning white on the wheels.

“I—” I was speechless. It was the first time that Ten had yelled at me and what’s worse, his words had hit me on the gut. But I was too proud to even admit that he’s right. “Just mind your own business, Ten.”

“That’s it.” Ten turned off the engine and went out of the car.

He walked around the car, stopping beside the car door on my side. He opened the door and I knew I had to get out and so I did. We stood face to face on the sidewalk.

“If you wanted me to mind my own business, then I will.” Ten started, breaking the silence. “I’m breaking up with you, Liz.” He finished and I found myself shaking and I didn’t know if it was because of anger or fear of losing him.

“Wait— Are you serious?” I scoffed, but my voice trembled.

“Yes, I am. Just until you realize your mistake.” Ten exclaimed.

“Hah! Don’t expect me to come back running to you! I swear, Ten. If you leave me here, I’ll make you regret it! I won’t ever, EVER get back together with you!” I threatened.

“Whatever you say.” Ten retorted.

Ten walked further towards the Taxi stop and hailed a taxi for me. I grumpily got in while he waited until the vehicle drove off.

***

[Lucas]

Today was the day that Sohyun would be discharge from the hospital. I woke up early and got ready. I drove my car and stopped by a flower shop to buy a bouquet for Sohyun. I also stoped by a pastr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter