The Unexpected Group

Status Quo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sohyun]

“Did you just call Taeyong? Lee Taeyong?” Jisoo hissed, making me blink my eyes in shock.

“No. No, I didn’t.” I immediately answered. “It just pretended to call him.” I added.

“And who are you? Are you one of the artists too? How come I don’t know you?” Jisoo continually asked and I found myself gaping at her. How come she didn’t remember me? All those times that her friends were bullying me and all those times that I was together with her fiancée!

“My name’s Sohyun. Kim Sohyun and no, I’m not one of the Artists.” I said. “Actually, I’m nobody.”

I mumbled and I saw Jisoo eyeing me carefully, thinking that I might be joking or something. I just smiled nervously in return. After staring at me for quite a while, she finally started to ignore my presence in there and instead, she faced the mirror, looking on her reflection.

“Don’t you want Taeyong to know about this?” before I could even stop myself, my mouth was already asking her and I mentally scolded myself for it.

Jisoo threw her head at me, her eyes turned into slits once again. She marched towards me and pointed her finger at me. I, on the other hand automatically took a step back in fear.

“Listen here, girl.” She started to say. “If you ever tell anyone, ANYONE about this— I’ll make your life a living hell myself. Do you understand?” Jisoo threatened, making me gulp in terror.

“I understand.” I squeaked.

I was desperately trying to evade Jisoo’s glare and so I just continued to bow my head. As soon as I felt Jisoo’s stare leaving from me, I took the opportunity to run for the exit door. But as soon as my hand had grabbed the door knob, I stopped myself.

What the hell? How can she do that, exactly? I mean she was already being bullied, but she could still act like it didn’t hurt or faze her? And I just save her off! How come she didn’t even say thank you? Arghh, these brats! Just because they have the status!

“You know what?” I turned to face Jisoo. “Forget it. Maybe I’ll just tell Taeyong instead.”

“What?” Jisoo asked and I could definitely see her clenched jaw.

“Don’t be such a drag! You’re already a walking target as soon as you get out from here! Didn’t you hear those girls about getting back at you? Aren’t you afraid? Especially now that Jennie and the rest—” I stopped myself from saying anymore.

“This doesn’t concern you.” Jisoo simply answered and this time, she evaded my stare.

I stared at her and I knew she was bothered by everything that has been happening to her. I didn’t know what it was exactly, but the way her face fell and her shoulder were slumped, I knew that she have something going on.

“Just leave me alone.” Jisoo hissed, straightening her posture this time and left right after.

***

[Lucas]

What the hell is her problem???

Its lunch break and Sohyun was still avoiding me! Ever since she came to class late earlier, I tried to get her attention but she was obviously trying to hide from me. Was it because of what happened yesterday? Aish! I swear, I’ll definitely make her look my way.

“Look, Jisoo’s here.” Jaehyun said, nudging Yuta beside him.

We all looked towards the entrance of the cafeteria. Jisoo entered like a boss and went directly towards the lining people who automatically went out of her way for her to pick her tray of food. Ever since that day we witnessed Jisoo talking about her proposition of stepping down from being cheer captain, my friends and I got even more curious about what was going on with her, especially that Jennie and the rest of her supposedly friends had decided to left her.

“Why should I care?” Yuta grumbled and looked down on his own food.

“Come on, Yuta. Stop being an . It’s not like Jisoo herself decided to get engaged with that Lee Taeyong guy.” Jaehyun nagged.

“Yah! Leave me alone Jaehyun. And does Rose know that you’re taking Jisoo’s side?” Yuta threatened.

“Come on, Yuta. I was just kidding.” Jaehyun said, lookin alarmed for a moment. “Please don’t say anything to Rose.” He pleaded and Yuta just rolled his eyes at him.

I was quietly listening to my friends’ bickering while my eyes was still glued on Jisoo’s figure going towards her usual table where Jennie, Rose and Lisa were already sitting at.

“Seriously, Jisoo?” Jennie scoffed upon seeing Jisoo sitting herself in front of her.

“What? This is where I always sit.” Jisoo deadpanned, not minding the scrutinizing looks coming from the other girls. “Come on, Jen—”

“If you’re not leaving, then we will.” Jennie cut off and immediately stood up from their seats.

Everyone’s attention was now on them. There were murmurs everywhere, wondering why Jennie, Rose and Lisa had left Jisoo to sit alone on their usual seats. My eyes caught the sight of Taeyong staring at Jisoo but didn’t move from where he was sitting. I suddenly felt someone sitting beside me and when I looked, Jennie was already making herself comfortable with Rose, snuggling with Jaehyun while Lisa sitting quietly on the other side of Jennie.

“Can’t you have just put on a show and stayed with her just until the lunch is over?” I asked, my eyes were set on the tray of food. “Jisoo was your friend.” I added, mu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter