Breaking Barriers

Status Quo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Lucas]

Last night, as soon as I arrived inside my room, all hell breaks lose. I started throwing and breaking everything my eyes would find. I even heard Onew knocking at my door but Granpa's voice told him to leave me alone and so, I continued thrashing.

"Aish!" I cursed, sliding down against the bed frame feeling tired of breaking everything.

"Are you done?"

I looked up to see Granpa standing by the now opened door. I didn't notice him unlocking the door. I just sighed heavily after the whole mess. Granpa chuckled upon seeing me so upset.

"What is it about this time?" My granpa asked, sliding down next to me. "Is it about your parents again?" I rolled my eyes in answer. "No? Then don't tell it's about that girl from the woods?"

I was silent and I knew he knew that he's right. He laughed even more which made me mad. I quickly stood up and started to clean up my room.

"I don't know what exactly happened but I just want to remind you that you should think carefully before doing anything, okay son?" My grandfather reminded before letting himself out from my room.

Granpa's right. I have to think about everything before bringing out any conclusions. Yes, I might have confirmed Sohyun's feelings towards that blasted Lee Taeyong but it doesn't mean that I'll just let her keep those feelings for him. And so, I decided that I'll keep her in my side this time. Always.

The following morning, I intended to come to school early hoping that I might catch Sohyun before any harm would go her way but to my utter disbelief, she came to school with none other than the blasted Lee Taeyong. My blood boiled upon seeing Taeyong and his friends surrounding her protectively.

"Woah! Would you look at that?" Jaehyun whistled.

My eyes were glued towards Sohyun who looked relieved. I didn't even notice that Jaehyun and Yuta came. I didn't even feel Jennie grabbing me by my waist, giving me a back hug. Even Jisoo and Lisa were there and they looked surprised as I was.

"I can see the had finally won Lee over." Jennie spat and I felt my hands balling into fists.

"And look! She really even bought the rest of the Artists with her. Lisa, are you really okay with this? I mean Ten is one of them." Rose commented, clinging herself with her boyfriend even more.

"Aish." Lisa cursed. "I don't care about him anymore." Lisa pouted, who was obviously got upset.

***

[Ten]

My eyes almost popped out from its sockets when Taeyong brought the girl from yesterday. He insisted that we should give her some company just until things will get settle down. It's not like I mind at all, but seeing Lisa glaring towards our direction, I knew that it's because of our involvement with Kim Sohyun.

"Let it go, Ten." Taeyong snickered beside me. "You're not with Lisa anymore."

"Gee, thanks for reminding me Tae." I scowled at my best friend.

But I know he's right. It doesn't concern me anymore. It was Lisa who broke up with me so I really shouldn't care about her anymore. So, I decided to just go with Tae's decision and keep an eye on our surrounding.

"I'm so sorry about this, you guys." Sohyun suddenly blurted, making us aware of her presence behind us. "I know make you feel uncomfortable. You know what? I'll just go—"

"Nonsense." I cut off. "It's nice to have a girl in the group for a change."

"Yah, hyung!" Mark looked offended. "How can you say it like that? I mean it sounded like you don't like hanging with us." He added and I saw the rest of our friends giving me their pouting faces.

"Yah, yah, yah! Let's just go, okay?" Taeyong laughed and I heard Sohyun chuckling. "Finally, you smiled." Taeyong stated and we all stared at the said girl and sure, she really was smiling.

"Don't worry about them, Sohyun-ah." I said. "We'll make Mark watch over you during your class."

"What? Are you ser— Ah yes! Of course, I'll do it." Mark stammered upon seeing Taeyong eyeing him.

***

[Jisoo]

"I don't believe it!" Lisa huffed. "That traitor!"

"Yah, Lisa." Rose snickered. "Last thing we remember is that you broke up with him."

Rose and Lisa were busy teasing each other. We're currently in our changing room. We're in the middle of hanging into our uniforms when the sudden topic about Kim Sohyun and the Artists came up.

"I don't feel good about this, you guys." Jennie said, interrupting us.

"What do you mean, Jen?" I asked.

"This Kim Sohyun . She's breaking the Status Quo!" Jennie gaped. "And everyone seemed to be okay with it! I don't know about you guys, but I don't like it. We should stick to the Status Quo!"

"I agree with Jennie." Rose seconded. "I mean what will happen if we will have mere Nameless as cheerleaders? Ugh, that would be a total disaster! Cheerleaders are supposed to be high class!"

"Then what should we do?" Lisa asked feeling alarmed as well.

By the time that I finished changing into my uniform, they were still talking about the girl and they haven't even finished changing. I scowled a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter