Back on Track

Status Quo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jisoo]

It was already Monday and it was the day that I hated the most. It was the first time that I felt this way, a feeling of fear of being an outcast to my friends. Ever since Jennie and the rest found out about my secret, they started ignoring me that they wouldn't even attend any of our cheering practice.

"What's going on Jisoo? Why haven't Jennie, Lisa and Rose appeared in any of our cheering practice?" Seulgi asked me, looking suspicious.

"Yeah. As the cheer captan, you need to do something about it Jisoo. The competition's just around the corner and we all need our flyers. It's not like you alone could do the flying routine." Wendy added.

"I understand." I answered grimly. "I'll do something about it." I mumbled and quickly turned to walk away, leaving the rest of the squad to practice by their selves.

I was on my way to look for my friends and I just knew where I could find them. I found myself walking to the other side of the field where the jocks were hanging out while waiting for their coach. I saw Jennie sitting beside Lucas who was doing his initial stretching with Yuta while Rose was sitting on Jaehyun's lap, leaving Lisa on her own world with her phone. I hasten my speed and stopped just right in front of them and when I did, they all just stared at me.

"Hey Jisoo." Jaehyun was the first one to greet me and my eyes caught Rose nudging her boyfriend as a warning and I just knew Rose doesn't want his boyfriend to befriend me.

"I'll give up my position as the cheer captain if you want, so just come back to the squad guys."

Everyone's eyes widen and their mouths fell open upon hearing my proposition. For a moment, the girls looked pleased but we heard Jennie scoffed, making them look back at her.

"Are you serious? Who do you think we are?" Jennie gaped. "Do you really think that we would feel comfortable with you being in the same team with us? Nuh-uh. Don't think so."

"Yah, Kim Jennie." Lucas' warning look made Jennie pause for a moment. "Don't you think you're being too hard on her?" He added but Jennie just glared at him.

"Whatever!" Jennie yelled, standing up. "Let's go girls."

Jennie left with Lisa and Rose on her heels. I was left there feeling embarrassed and hurt at the same time. I suddenly felt awful, like I wanted to pass out.

"Hey, are you okay?" Lucas asked and I didn't even notice him who was already on my side. "I think it would be better if you just postpone your practice in order for you to get some rest. Yuta can you to the infirmary."

"You do it." Yuta exclaimed and I notice him looking at my direction coldly. "I don't want to get caught with someone who already got herself a fiancé." He spat and left to do a lap around the field.

***

[Sohyun]

As soon as I entered the school on Monday morning, I got greeted by Taeyong. He was holding something out towards me which seemed to be some kind of present.

"I'm really sorry, Sohyun-ah." He apologized. "I'm sorry if I just left without you back at the party."

For a moment, my chest hurt. Memory of him leaving with Jisoo on his side suddenly came in me and I hated him for that but I knew that I shouldn't even feel this way to him, knowing all too well that I don't own him and he doesn't even feel the same way as I do.

"It's alright Taeyong." I finally answered. "My best friend was there to me home."

"Best friend?" Taeyong looked confuse.

"Yep! And that's me." Jungwoo suddenly appeared beside me. "Hi. I'm Jungwoo."

"Hey. Nice to meet you, Jungwoo-ssi." Taeyong shook hands with Jungwoo and I swear, I saw my best friend's eyes sparkle in adoration.

"You don't have to accompany me anymore, Taeyong-ah. It looked like they wouldn't try to mess with me anymore. Even if they will, I'll be fine. I can protect myself now." I said which earned me the suspicious look from him.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "Why does it sound more like you don't want to be involved with me anymore? Does it have to do with me and Jisoo?" He asked and I saw his face looking sad.

"No! No, of course not!" I quickly said and I heard Jungwoo snickering beside me and I just glared at him in return. "It's not like that, Taeyong-ah. I just thought that we both could go back to the way things were. You, being with your friends and me—"

"But you're one of them, Sohyun-ah." Taeyong cut me off. "I'm disappointed, Sohyun-ah. I thought we're already friends?" He pouted and I could hear myself whimper.

I was silent for a while, trying to calm myself from Taeyong's aegyo attack. Staring at his hopeful look, I found myself sighing in defeat. I mean, what could I do? He's just too perfect and I wouldn't mind being friends with him. Taeyong's a good man and he'll surely be a good friend too.

***

[Lucas]

After making sure that Jisoo got to the infirmary safely, I decided to come back to practice. When I arrived on the field, my eyes widen upon seeing Sohyun there. She was handing out towels to my other teammates. I quickly ran towards her and grabbed her hand, turning her t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter