Accidental Truth

Status Quo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sohyun]

"Go on, then." Jisoo told me and all I could do was to stare at them blankly.

I was too shocked when Jennie suddenly blurted some unfamiliar words which I believe would be related with cheerleading, but what the heck? I mean, I'm still a newbie!

"Are you deaf, or what?" Jennie hissed and I flinched, making both Lisa and Rose laugh at my jumpiness.

Oh god, I am doomed. I thought I could finally sneak my way into the Status Quo, but I guess I'll be forever being a nameless. And I don't understand why Jennie seemed to be so obsessed about getting me grilled. What did I do exactly? I mean, I was so sure that I made myself invisible to everyone up until now but then how come she immediately gave me the growl when she saw me.

"Yah!" Jennie was so furious that she stood up one more time.

"She's not doing it."

A familiar voice broke the tension and when I turned around, I saw Lucas standing by the entrance of the mini gym. Jennie and the rest of her friends looked at him curiously. I on the other hand was too stunned to care about what was going on. The last thing I knew, Lucas was already standing beside me, facing the queen bees.

"Sorry girls, but this loser's going to be our manager." Lucas stated which made my jaw drop.

"What?" Jennie was incredulous. "Lucas, we seriously have to talk."

I saw Jennie leaving her seat but Lucas has already his heels and grabbed me by my wrist, dragging me along with him. I could hear Jennie's protests but Lucas didn't even give her a glance.

***

[Lucas]

I seriously had lost it. What was I thinking back there? I mentally slapped myself when I realized what just happened. How should I explain this to Sohyun? What would she think of me now?

"Yah!" Sohyun yanked herself free from my grasp and I quickly turned to look back at her.

"Yah! Don't get the wrong idea, dimwit." I cut her off. "I purposely told them that you will be joining our team as the manager so that I could make fun of you anytime that I want." I reasoned and I just hoped that she'd believe it.

"I knew it!" Sohyun exclaimed. "You devil! And why would I do that? Aish."

I smirked when she believed my lame excuse but anyway, if things had already become like this, then I'd better just make this thing worth it. I smiled towards Sohyun evilly and she seemed to know that I was planning something so she took a step back but before she could run away, I grabbed her arms.

"You're coming with me." I told her and I heard her whimper.

***

[Yuta]

When Lucas brought a girl in our Club Room, I literally spilled my water all over my uniform. Even the rest of the team seemed to be surprised as I was, since it was the first time that Lucas brought a girl that wasn't a cheerleader. You see, all the girls that Lucas have dated were all cheerleaders and we all thought that Jennie was his girlfriend but seeing a different, not to mention a plain-looking girl was brought by Lucas, we seriously got surprised.

"Kim Sohyun?" Jaehyun recognized the girl.

"She will be the manager of our team." Lucas informed.

"Uhh.. So what happened with Joy? You know, our supposedly manager?" Jaehyun asked, looking lost.

I saw Lucas smile and I know he did something. It's either he made Yeri quit or he threatened our assistant coach to remove Joy. Anyway, I have to know who this Kim Sohyun is.

"Hi!" I greeted the awkward looking girl standing beside Lucas. "I'm Yuta. I'm playing quarterback for the team. It's pleasure to meet you Sohyun-ssi." I extended my hand to shake hands with her but Lucas reached for it instead.

"Nice try, Yuta." Lucas' brows rose as he eyed me suspiciously and I just raised my hands innocently.

"Yah!" We got startled when Sohyun kicked Lucas by his shin, making him grunt in pain. "I didn't say I would do it! I'm serious Lucas!" She growled.

I snickered together with Jaehyun. It was the first time we saw Lucas getting kicked and he didn't even retaliate. Now we know Lucas has something going on with this girl.

"Come on, Kim." Jaehyun intervened, making Sohyun turn towards him. "It's Lucas we're talking about. I'm sure your club application is already at the student council."

My gaze came back towards Sohyun and she looked defeated. She just sighed and silently glared at the smirking Lucas. Everyone laughed when Sohyun started stomping her way outside.

***

[Jisoo]

"What's wrong with Jennie?" Lisa asked while doing a split for stretching.

Me and the girls with the rest of the Cheerleading squad were out on the field doing some warm-up exercises before the actual practice.

"I know, right? She was so weird earlier." Rose added, straddling her legs for warm-up.

After Lucas and the girl left the gym, Jennie started thrashing around. She was obviously furious but she didn't say a word so we just stare at her until she felt tired. When I was about to as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter