The Aftermath

Status Quo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jisoo]

“Jisoo, dear.” My dad suddenly appeared by my bedroom’s door.

It was Saturday. And usually, even though it’s the weekend, my schedule would be packed. I would usually be back at school, practicing but here I was, inside my room surfing the internet with my laptop. I was busy searching for more information regarding the upcoming high school cheerleading competition when my dad interrupted my boring day.

“Taeyong’s here.” My dad informed, giving me his teasing smile.

I groaned in annoyance by the mention of his name. If I would insist to not see him at all, my mom would surely go mad and make the rest of my day a hell. I finally decided to close my laptop and got up from my bed to head inside my closet to find something decent to wear.

“You’re late. Taeyong’s been waiting.” My mom nagged and I really tried my best to stop from rolling my eyes. “Now, sit. I hear Taeyong had something to tell ask of you.”

My brows raised and my eyes quickly found Taeyong’s. He was looking at me expectantly, like he was telling me to go with the flow. My inner self was telling me that he was going to say something crazy and that I needed to run for it but it was too late when he finally said the words.

“I would like to take Jisoo on a date, auntie, uncle.” Taeyong said, making both my parents and me surprised. “If you don’t mind, that is.” He added.

“No! Of course not!” Mom immediately answered.

“That would be great! You should take Jisoo out since she looked bored when I went to get her upstairs earlier.” Dad added and I quickly threw my accusing look on him in return.

***

[Taeyong]

“So, where are we going?” Jisoo asked beside me on the passenger seat.

“It’s Saturday, Jisoo.” I chuckled when she seemed to not remember anything. “It’s Lucas’ game.” I finally revealed and her eyes widen in remembrance.

“Oh . I forgot.” Jisoo cursed, making me laugh.

We finally arrived at the venue of the game. The place was packed with supporters from both rival teams. As we entered the stadium, we saw banners from our school, the Yang-Lee Prep and the opponent school, J.Y Park Prep.

“Guys! Over here!”

My eyes turned towards the owner of the voice that had called us and I saw Jungwoo and Ten waving at us just below the benches. I quickly took Jisoo’s hand and drag her towards Jungwoo.

“I thought you’ll never come.” Ten smirked and I just rolled my eyes at him in return.

“It’s almost half time.” Jungwoo added.

“Whatever.” Jisoo shrugged. “So, who’s winning?”

“J.Y.P.” Jungwoo answered, looking grim. “Ugh! What the hell is wrong with Lucas? That guy, he’s getting sloppy ever since he started getting crazy over Sohyun. Tsk.”

“Yah! Are trying to say that it’s Sohyun’s fault?” I taunted, making Jungwoo freeze. “I’ll tell Sohyun.”

“Yah! I was just kidding!” Jungwoo quickly recovered.

We all jump on our seats when we heard a whistle blow, indicating that it was half-time. And the field that once have the players were now being occupied by cheerleaders coming from both schools. My eyes quickly turned to look at Jisoo’s reaction.

“What the hell, Taeyong?” Jisoo yelled through the screaming fans. “Was this your plan all along? Me watching them cheer while I’m stuck here, looking at them enviously?” Jisoo suddenly stood from her seat and started to walk away.

“Wait, Jisoo!” I called and then turned towards Jungwoo and Ten who both looked shock and confuse at the same time. “I have to go guys. Just watch the rest of the game for us, okay?” I exclaimed and then left to follow Jisoo.

***

[Sohyun]

As Lucas and the rest of the team were walking back towards our bench, I can see the disappointed looks on their faces. I suddenly felt bad for them and wished that I could something for them as their manager. So, I quickly grabbed the towels and the bucket full of bottled waters.

“Here. Have some drink everyone.” I urged and they took a bottle each, except Lucas who just went to sit straight on his chair, looking angry. “Hey.” I sat beside him.

“I’m so useless.” Lucas mumbled. “I’m the ace. I should be able to score more for the team.”

“You’re not useless. And don’t try to carry the entire burden by yourself.” I stated firmly. “Listen.” I demanded and this time I held Lucas face, turning it towards my direction for our eyes to meet. “Even if you win or lose, if you knew you’ve given your best, then everything will be alright. Just play to your heart’s contentment and there will be no regrets.”

Lucas’s expression suddenly changed from being burdened to becoming enlightened. I gave him my most sincere smile, telling him that I would always be there for him. I got startled when he suddenly stood up, pulling me along with him to face the rest of his team.

“Everyone!” Lucas called out the attention of his team who still looked grim. “What are we? I’m asking you, dickheads! What are we?” He shouted, making his teammates exchanged confuse looks. “We’re freaking Griffins! They might have broken our wings but don’t forget, we still have our claws!”

“Yeah!!” The team suddenly cheered, roaring like lunatics but I was amazed by the sudden change of auras they had. The looks on their faces were like of those hungry griffins wanting to eat something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter