Final Chapter: Back to You

Status Quo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jaehyun]

“Coach, can I sleep back at home tonight, sir?” I asked nervously, hoping that the coach would agree.

“And may I ask why?” The coach asked.

“Uhmm— can’t tell you coach. But I swear to you coach, it’s a matter of life and death.” I answered.

The coach eyed me suspiciously and he finally gave up and agreed. I smiled triumphantly and was fast to pick up my things. I heard the coach shouting at me about being on time for tomorrow’s practice and I just waved my hands telling him that I understood. I quickly headed towards our lockers and started to prepare my things to bring back at home.

“Hey, Lucas. Why aren’t you preparing your things? Aren’t you leaving too?” I asked in curiosity when I noticed him not in a hurry. “I mean, aren’t you going to Jennie?”

“Nope.” Lucas answered. “I guess Jennie finally realized it.” Lucas said, smiling to his self.

“What are you talking about, dude?” I creased my brows in confusion. “You know what? Whatever. I have to go now. I still need to go to Rose. She hasn’t been answering my calls lately. Ugh.”

“What the— That’s your emergency?” Yuta who just came back from showering scoffed beside me.

“Yah! Don’t you dare nag at me, mister. Just because jisoo finally dumped your off officially, it doesn’t mean that I’ll be next.” I snarled and quickly took my duffel bag and left.

***

[Rose]

“We’re ruined, Lis. The competition is in next week and we still haven’t finished our cheering routine.” I wailed, feeling horrified by the idea. “Even Seulgi and Wendy are blaming us for it. Now that Jennie is out of commission, we’re short on flyers once again.”

Lisa and I were now alone at the dressing room after our cheering practice. Earlier at practice, instead of practicing for our routines, we spent it mostly on arguing with the other members. Since Jennie was supposed to be the captain, some of the cheerleaders wanted the spot for their selves. It was a mess!

“We have to do something.” Lisa finally answered. “We need another flyer.” She added and I just stared at her and gave her an obvious look. “A flyer and a leader.” She continued, giving me her knowing look and my eyes widen when what she was trying to tell me.

“Are you crazy? You want Jisoo back to the team?” I yelled in anger.

“Come on, Rose! Jisoo’s the only one who could lead the team and you know it!” Lisa fired back.

“No! Have you forgotten what she did to us?” I exclaimed, shutting the lockers door loudly.

“And have you forgotten of what we did to her in return?” Lisa retorted. “We kicked her out of our circle and even kicked her out from the team. You know Jisoo loves cheering more than anything, right?”

I didn’t answer since I honestly didn’t know what to answer. I just left the dressing room, feeling guilty about everything. Later that night, Jaehyun had called again and I finally decided to answer, realizing that I needed him more than ever.

“Babe, I—” I started to say.

“I’m outside.” I hear Jaehyun say on the phone.

I quickly ran for the window and stared down on it. And sure enough, there was Jaehyun waving at me. I quickly ran downstairs and out from the back door. Jaehyun’s arms were already reaching out to me and when I came to embrace him. I felt him tightening his embrace and I snuggled through his warmth.

“I missed you, babe.” I mumbled. “And I’m sorry for being such a .” I added and I heard him chuckle. “Stop laughing!” I nagged and he immediately stopped and this time, it was my turn to chuckle.

***

[Ten]

My eyes widen and my mouth fell open when both Lisa and Rose came to approach us on our lunch table. My eyes were locked on Lisa who refused to meet my eyes. They were asking Jisoo to come back to the cheering team and we all became hopeful for Jisoo to accept it.

“Come on, Jisoo.” Sohyun egged on.

“Yeah. Don’t you want to come back to cheering?” Jungwoo added.

I stared at Taeyong, waiting for him to say something but he was quiet and just kept on looking at Jisoo beside him. My eyes then went towards Jisoo who was nonchalant about everything.

“No.” Jisoo finally said, standing up from her seat. “I won’t be coming back.” She declared and left.

My heart stung when I saw Lisa’s hurt expression. My hand automatically went to pat Lisa on her shoulder for comfort, but she immediately stepped back. I was shocked at first, but I knew she was just doing the thing that I told her to and I knew that all I have to do was wait for her.

***

[Lisa]

We were now currently at the cheering practice and all the members looked discouraged. I bit my lip in frustration. How did things ended up this way? I admit, it was part our fault and just when we were about to make up for it, Jisoo decided to punish us for it instead and we deserve it, I guess.

“Get up, you little lazy s! Time to practice!!!”

We all turned our heads towards the voice and saw Jisoo with her cheering uniform on, standing by the dressing room doors. Most of the cheerleaders looked happy while some were looking wary, knowing that Jisoo has been kicked out from the team weeks ago.

“It’s okay, girls.” I exclaimed. “Rose and I had asked Jisoo to come back. We cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter