Stranger to Conventional

Status Quo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sohyun]

What on heaven's blessing is this? I mean, why is Lee Taeyong in front of me? And he even helped me! My mind was filled with thoughts of him and I didn't even realize what was happening behind him.

"Are you okay?" Taeyong asked me and all I could do was squeak, nodding my head frantically.

"Sohyun-ah!" Suddenly, Jungwoo appeared right into my view, blocking the wonderful view of my prince charming. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"I was perfectly fine until your face came into view. I was having this moment with Taeyong! How could you ruin that, seriously?" I whispered angrily at him.

"Huh?" My best friend looked confuse but went to help anyway, pulling me up.

I took a quick glance back at Taeyong and saw him smiling at me, seeing that I was fine. Taeyong took his time checking out what had happened with Jennie and her friends and that was the time that I finally noticed about them. Lucas was still holding Jennie by her wrist and was glaring at her making Jennie whimper in fear. I didn't know why Lucas helped me but I felt sorry for Jennie and that was when I decided to intervene. I was about to walk towards them but Taeyong stepped in instead.

"I think that's enough." He said, making all eyes turn towards him.

I heard Lucas scoffed but saw him releasing Jennie's wrist. Lucas walked his way to Taeyong and everyone was holding their breaths in anticipation of what's he's about to do. Taeyong stood his ground and he looked unbothered by the way Lucas was glaring at him.

"And why on hell the Lee Taeyong has bothered to involve himself with the likes of her?" Lucas exclaimed and pointed towards my direction.

My eyes darted towards Taeyong and saw him smirk, looking relaxed. In the corner of my eyes, I saw Jisoo grabbing Jennie with her and their two other friends. They started to exit the scene, not even sparing a glance. Seriously? They were the ones who started this mess!

"What are we going to do?" Jungwoo whispered, nudging at me nervously.

My eyes had gone back to Taeyong and Lucas and they were still at it. Luckily, Ten arrived together with the other artists and so did Yuta with the other jocks. Yuta started dragging Lucas with him while Taeyong decided to just leave knowing that he didn't want anything to do with him anymore.

"Hey, where are you going?" Jungwoo stopped me when I was about to find Taeyong to thank him. "Nuh-uh. You're not going anywhere!" He held my wrist tightly, knowing that I wanted to find Taeyong. "You'll just cause uproar if I leave you!"

"No! Wait! Just— Let—Me—Thank—Him— at least!" I whined but it was useless.

***

[Jungwoo]

I decided to give up on chasing after Sohyun and just headed for the library. I shouldn't really mind about my best friend stalking her crush and instead I should be focusing on upcoming quiz next week. Anyway, as I was walking along the corridors, I heard crying and I couldn't help but et spooked by it. I mean, the Hallways were empty especially that most of the students were out the building for their extracurricular activities.

"Stupid Lucas! How could he do that to me?"

I froze in my spot when I heard the familiar voice. Of course it was familiar since it belonged to my crush. I saw Jennie all alone standing by her locker. She was crying and she kept on thrashing everything inside her locker while cursing at the same time.

"Hey, are you okay?" I took my courage and went to approach her.

"And you the hell are you?" Jennie hissed and stepped back subconsciously.

"I'm Jungwoo, a junior." I whispered.

When I noticed that Jennie was still sniffling, I rummaged through the pockets of my hoodie and found a handkerchief. I didn't think twice and offered the thing to her.

"Ew. What's that?" Her face contorted upon seeing the hanky on my hand.

"You're crying."

"So?" She scoffed. "I'd rather wipe my tears with my Versace scarf than with that thing belonging with a total creep." She answered, wiping her tears with the back of her hands instead and I just sighed, rolling my eyes at her.

I was already used to this attitude of hers anyway, so I just let her hurtful words slide. Jennie was still crying but she made sure to never show her face. I clenched my jaw and grabbed her hand, turning her to face me. She gasped when I placed my handkerchief on her hands forcefully.

"Just take it." I insisted. "Throw it if you want to, but—" I glued my eyes on hers and I noticed she had dark chocolate brown eyes instead of black that I thought she had. "Don't cry anymore."

We stood there for quite a while and even Jennie seemed to be speechless by the way I said my last phrase. She just stood there staring into my eyes until I felt myself blush. I quickly broke from her eyes, bowing my head continually, knowing that I was out of line.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't intend to sound so bossy. I was just—"

"Forget it." Jennie cut off. "Tsk. What a creep indeed." She mumbled and quickly walked out.

Even though she left me there all alone, I still felt myself smiling widely, knowing that she had my handkerchief with her. Even just for a small piece of cloth, I hope it could still somehow comfort her.

***

[Taeyong]

I was all alone back inside the music room, music sheets wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter