Broken Connection

Status Quo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Rose]

“I’m sorry to tell you about this now, babe.” Jaehyun apologized through the phone. “I know it’s not the right time but I hope you understand. The finals game is just around the corner and coach wanted us to focus on practicing.”

“It’s okay, babe. I understand.” I answered back. “It’s just that, why at the countryside? I mean, it’s too far. I don’t think I could last a week without you, babe.” I whined on the phone.

“I know, but coach insisted. Don’t worry though. I’ll always call you.” Jaehyun assured.

“Fine.” I finally gave in. “I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you more.” Jaehyun stated. “I have to go now, babe. I still need to pack my things for tomorrow. And you need to rest. After all that has been happening to you and your friends, I’m sure you’re feeling stressed out and tired already.”

“I know right. By the way, what about Lucas? Is he going with you too? What about Jennie? I thought he’s still watching over her until the surgery?” I asked in curiosity.

“He’s coming with us, of course.” Jaehyun answered. “He asked the coach if he could just go back to Seoul every after practice to check on Jennie and the coach agreed.”

“That’s good to hear.” I sighed in relief. “Jennie really needs Lucas now more than ever.”

“But don’t you think Jennie is being too clingy? I mean, it kind of looks like she’s taking advantage of what had happened to her in order for Lucas to stay by her side.” Jaehyun commented and I felt myself getting angry and he might have noticed it by the silence. “Crap. I don’t mean it like that, babe. I—”

“Just go pack your things. I have to go.” I deadpanned and hanged up the phone.

After hanging up on my boyfriend, I threw my phone on the bed, feeling frustrated of how things had ended between us. I lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling of my room. Truth to be told, I somehow knew that Jaehyun has a point. Lately, I noticed that Jennie seemed to be more attached with Lucas and would always ask for him. She didn’t even bother asking for our presence, but we still try to understand her, knowing what she’s going through now.

***

[Lisa]

I was staring daggers towards the girl who was talking and laughing with Ten by the bleachers. It was during our P.E class and we were supposed to do some physical fitness test. It just so happened that Ten’s class was also having their P.E class on the other side of the field.

“That must have a death wish.” I mumbled, gritting my teeth.

I had lost it when I saw the girl pretended to trip and she purposely landed on Ten’s arms. I was so quick to pull the girl’s hair, making everyone cheer with the sudden catfight.

“Lisa! Yah, stop this Liz.” Ten demanded but I didn’t listen.

“You ! Stop flirting with my boyfriend!” I shouted and kept on dragging the girl with her hair.

“Lisa!” Ten tried again and this time he successfully had grabbed my hands away from the girl. “We have to talk. NOW.” Ten stated and started to pull me with him in a secluded place.

When we were finally got alone, Ten started to punch the wall behind me, making me flinch. He sighed heavily, looking very troubled. I just stared at him, waiting for him to say anything.

“Why do you have to be so violent, Liz? Do you really have to do that?” Ten asked.

“She was obviously trying to flirt with you!” I reasoned.

“She’s just a classmate!” Ten stated. “And it’s not like we got back together, right?” Ten added, looking at me sadly. “I can’t do this anymore, Liz.”

My inner instinct was telling me to grab Ten’s hand and so I did. For some reason, I started to panic. Ten’s expression tells me that he really had enough of me. And I was afraid that he really would leave me. It would be the death of me if he ever leaves me.

“Ten, please.” I begged. “I know, I’m at fault and I’m sorry. Please, just don’t leave me again.” This time, my tears were already falling. “I love you, Ten. Please—”

I got cut off when Ten suddenly pulled me into a hug. I continued to sob in his arms and I felt him tighten his embrace around me. I immediately wrap my arms around him in return.

“I won’t ever leave you Liz.” Ten said. “But it’s not time for me to return to you yet.” He added, making me look up to him with my confuse look. “You need more time for yourself. Use this time to reflect and find the goodness in you.”

“Ten, please—”

“I’ll be waiting for you.” Ten said as he broke from the embrace and then left right after.

***

[Yuta]

“You’re in a foul mood.” I heard Jaehyun say as he took the empty seat beside me.

It was the day that my teammates and I were to go on a special training trip. Since our team were advancing to the finals, the coach insisted that we should focus more on practice.

“Spill it.” Jaehyun demanded.

I just glared at him in return, leaning my body on the seat by the window. My eyes wandered outside as I recalled what happened days ago inside my head.

A few days ago:

“Come on, guys. Let’s leave them alone for now.” Sohyun said and we all had left, leaving Lucas alone with the crying Jennie in the room.

As soon as we got out from the room, we saw Jisoo running with Taeyong behind her heels. I felt my hands balled into fist on my side. I stared at their approaching figures until they’re right in front of us.

“How is she?” Jisoo asked, looking very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter