Against the Wishes

Status Quo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Lucas]

"Aish. Why am I here?" I mumbled while washing my hands under the running water aggressively.

I was currently at some kind of party that my parents were hosting. I was in the middle of football practice when all of a sudden, Lee Teuk, my dad's secretary went to fetch me. At first I was worried as to why my parents called for my attendance. After all, I wasn't living with my parents and instead, I was staying at my grandfather's ever since I was little. As I arrived at my parents' mansion, these fancy decorations field my view and my parents told me to get dressed for a gathering.

Knock. Knock.

"Young master, your father's looking for you." I hear Lee Teuk say outside the Men's Room.

"Seriously! Will you leave me alone?" I bellowed once I opened the door. "Believe me Lee Teuk, even if I wanted to run away from this stupid party, I wouldn't okay?" I glared and he just nodded, giving way.

I started to walk away, planning on looking for my dad but I saw some familiar faces just outside the balcony. When I scooted closer, I realized they were Jisoo and the blasted Taeyong.

"Just a moment." I said towards Lee Teuk and he just nodded.

I started marching my way towards the two people but I saw Taeyong already leaving. When I finally arrived by the balcony, there was only Jisoo who stood there.

"Hey Jisoo." I greeted and I saw her flinch.

"Huang?" Jisoo's eyebrows knitted. "What are you doing here?" She questioned, looking disgusted by my presence and all I could do was roll my eyes at her.

"Yah! My family is hosting this party, you know." I informed.

"So? Was that supposed to impress me?" Jisoo hissed, making me loss for words.

That's why I really don't like her and her friends, well maybe except for Jennie. Jennie likes me so I could somehow limit her sassiness. Jisoo on the other hand is on another high level. She's quiet,yes. But once you mess with her, your life is over.

"Anyway-" I cleared my throat. "Was that Taeyong I just saw with you?" I asked, changing the subject. "I wasn't surprise seeing you both here, since both your families are well known in the business world, but why were you two together? Don't tell me you are friends with that artist?" I chuckled by the thought.

After all, Jisoo was known to the school as the Ice Queen. She really didn't have any other friends except her inner circle and co-cheer leaders. She really wasn't fond of people but what the heck, she's a cheer leader! She's supposed to be cheery or friendly!

Jisoo's head quickly turned to glare at me and I instinctively step back a little. I gulped seeing her eyes piercing through my skull and all I could do was shut up and look at her.

"That moron and I aren't friends. You get that through your thick headed skull, you dimwit." Jisoo hissed and I silently whimpered but I quickly straightened my posture. "And I'm warning you, Huang. You hurt Jennie, I'll kill you myself." She added and left.

"Aish. That wench sure is a scary one." I shivered.

I ignored her cursing and went to look at the night view. I suddenly thought about Kim Sohyun and I couldn't help but sigh in frustration. How come she doesn't remember about me? Or maybe she was just pretending? But why? Maybe because she already had someone she likes? Then the image of Lee Taeyong defending Sohyun entered my mind. Don't tell me she likes that blasted Lee Taeyong?

***

[Sohyun]

I hurriedly went down the stairs, my hair's a mess and my clothes crumpled. I quickly took a seat at the dining table, picking up a piece of bread while trying to fix my stupid hair. My mom arrived with a plate full of rolled up eggs. I immediately took two pieces, shoving them into my mouth.

"Yah. Slow down, will you?" My mom reprimanded.

"I'm late." I mumbled, still chewing my food in my mouth.

Knock. Knock.

"I have to go." I stood and reached for my bag on the floor.

I slung my bag so fast in a hurry that I didn't notice that it was open and some of the books and papers scrambled out from my bag. I cursed silently and my mom quickly went to help me pick up my things. My eyes caught a particular letter on the floor. My eyes widen and quickly went to reach for it but my mom was faster.

"What's this?" My mom asked, her eyes glaring towards me. "Kim Yesung?"

I knew my mom would go mad about this. Just her, reading the name of the person that I intended to send it to, I knew that she knew about what I was keeping from her.

"Mom, I—"

"How many times do I have to tell you? Stop looking for him!" My mom yelled, making the twins jump from their seat. "We don't need him. We're better off without him."

My blood boiled hearing my mother's words. How could she say that? He still is my father! Ever since I was a baby, I was told that my father left us, making my mom all alone to take care of me until she met my step father, the twin's biological father. But unfortunately, my step father died in an accident last year which left us devastated. That was why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter