Back to Hell

Status Quo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sohyun]

"Unni, unni! Sohyun-unni! Wake up!"

"Mom said to wake you up! You'll be late for school!"

I huffed and pulled the duvet covers over my head, covering my entire face along with my body to block my sister's annoying wake up call.

"Come on, unni! Get—Up!!!"

And that was it. I felt two bodies jumping over me and I couldn't help but cry in pain by the sudden weight that came on top of me. I quickly sat up angrily making my two sisters scream.

"Kim Yoojung! Kim Saeron!" I shouted but the five-year old twins were already running out from my bedroom. "Aish! I swear, I'll get you for this!" I yelled and I find myself chuckling when I heard them whimpering towards mom.

***

"Stop playing with your food." My mom scolded upon seeing me not eating my breakfast. "Honey, stop bothering your twin sister." My mom then turned towards Yoojung who kept on poking Saeron with her spoon. "Sohyun, honey what's wrong? It's your first day back to school. Why are you frowning?"

"Back to Hell, you mean." I retorted but made sure that she didn't hear.

My mom was about to ask more but thankfully, she got distracted when our doorbell rang. I quickly got up knowing exactly who was ringing it. I took my bag on the kitchen counter and went straight for our door to open it.

"Good morning!" Jungwoo greeted me as soon as I opened the door.

"Hey! Nice timing." I gave him a light pat on his shoulder and he just looked at me confusely. "Mom! I'm off to school! Bye!" I called out and didn't wait up to hear her response.

***

The school that I was attending with my bestfriend is called the Yang-Prep School. The school was just a walking distance from the neighborhood that I and my bestfriend were living at. Our neighborhood was just an ordinary neighborhood but the streets were very neat and clean and the tress around were eye-catching whenever we walk under them.

"Seriously, what's wrong about coming back to school?" Jungwoo chuckled after hearing my early morning complaints. "School's great! You can learn new things and apply it to your everyday life!"

"Great! That's so comforting coming from a brainiac." I rolled my eyes, showing him my sarcasm.

"And besides, I can finally see Jennie!" Jungwoo squeaked and I automatically went to hit the back of his head. "Ouch! What was that for?" He complained, touching his head.

"Stop dreaming already!" I pointed out.

"Hah! Says the one who's drooling over at Lee Taeyong." My bestfriend scoffed and my face redden just by the mere mention of his name. "Speaking of the devil."

My whole being suddenly tensed and threw my head towards the direction which Jungwoo was looking at. There, by the entrance gate of our school a red lamborghini aventador and I know too well as to who was the person sitting on its driver seat.

"Correction. He's an angel." I say, my eyes were stuck on the figure of Taeyong who got out from his car. "Come on!" I urged and tug on his sleeve in order to chase after the love of my life.

That's right. I have a one sided love for my senior, Lee Taeyong. Ever since the day I saw him play his guitar and sang on the stage during my freshman year, I fell for his charms right then and there. Not to mention, he's overly handsome and a very gentle and humble person even though he's popular.

"Hey! Not so fast! You know I'm not that athletic, right?" Jungwoo yelled after me but I didn't even bother waiting for him and kept on walking fast towards the school and towards the direction i last saw Taeyong. But right when I was about to turn right, my foot caught something making me fall on my against the concrete floor. "Ow!" i yelped and my eyes went up to glare at the person responsible for my fall. "What the hell, Huang Lucas!" I huffed angrilly.

Standing in front of me was the main reason why I was frowning early in the morning during breakfast. Huang Lucas, together with the other jocks were huddled together with their fangirls slash girlfriends.

"It's your fault for not looking."

My angry demeanor vanished as soon as I saw Jennie with Lucas. I whimpered, feeling nervous by the way Jennie was glaring at me. I didn't even noticed that my best friend pulled me up.

"Are you okay?" Jungwoo asked.

"I'm okay." I answered quietly and went to stare at Lucas and the rest of his friends, chuckling.

I noticed Jennie clutching Lucas' arm while Rose was having a make out session with her boyfriend by the lockers. My eyes wondered towards Jisoo who was standing not so far and Yuta was hovering near her. Lisa on the other hand was nowhere to be found.

"A mere nameless like yourself shouldn't have been blocking the way." Jennie spat again and I could only sigh inside my head, feeling tired already.

"Look, I'm sorry okay?" I started to apologize, feeling the need to end this worthless confrontation.

"Why are you apologizing?" Suddenly, my bestfriend went to intervene and I could only roll my eyes at his attempt to be heroic. "Lucas should be the one who's apologizing. He bumped you purposely."

I could hear Jennie scoff and I knew Jungwoo was hurt by the way Jennie was on Lucas' side but my bestfriend forced himself to be firm with his statement.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter