Triggered

Status Quo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jennie]

This is not right. They’re ruining the status quo! This has to stop!

When Lucas left our group during lunch and came to sit with Jisoo and that Sohyun, my blood started to boil in anger and if Rose didn’t take my glass of juice, I swear I could have broke it into pieces. Both Lisa and Rose felt the same way and that’s why we decided to take some action, starting with Jisoo.

“Look, its Jennie and the other girls!” Seulgi beamed upon seeing the three of us marching our way towards the field where the Cheering practice was at.

Jisoo turned to see if it was true and I saw her eyebrows raised when she confirmed that we really came in our cheering uniforms. I didn’t bother to greet her but my eyes were glued to her.

“What brought you guys here?” Jisoo asked suspiciously.

“What? Aren’t you the one who badly wanted us back? Even offering us about you stepping down from being cheer captain.” I smirked when I saw her eyes coming into slits.

“What?” Wendy asked feeling shock. “Is it true? You’re stepping down? But why?”

Jisoo didn’t answer but her eyes were still glaring at towards the three of us. We heard light arguments among the cheerleaders and we knew it was the right time to stir more of it.

“Wendy, tell me. You’re still short of flyers, aren’t you?” Lisa asked and the girl just nodded.

“Then it’s settled!” Rose spoke this time. “We’ll come back to the team.” She exclaimed and everyone cheered except for Jisoo who just stared at us, trying to figure out our plan.

“That’s right. We’ll come back, all the three of us but in return, Jisoo will have to go.” I continued and the whole squad stopped cheering, looking very surprised.

“Are you ing kidding me?” Jisoo wailed angrily.

“Your choice girls.” I ignored Jisoo’s retort and faced the others. “It’s either the three of us who are all excellent flyers, or Jisoo.” I taunted and they all seemed confused by the sudden turn of events.

“What’s going on between you four exactly?” Seulgi asked.

“Oh! Didn’t Jisoo tell you?” Lisa stared, giving Jisoo her accusing look. “Jisoo here decided to abandon her status being friends with those nameless and losers. She’s ruining the reputation of the squad.”

Another murmur was heard among the members and they started to look hesitant towards Jisoo. I smiled when most of the cheerleaders started to step away from Jisoo and stood behind us.

“Are you all crazy?” Jisoo scoffed. “Are you really kicking me out from the squad?” She looked incredulous and we all just shrugged and stared at her knowingly.

“Sorry Jisoo, but it’s an anonymous decision.” Wendy told her.

And with that, Jisoo left but not before giving us her murderous look. We all just stared at her leaving and my eyes caught the figure of Sohyun following her and so did Lucas. I found myself balling my fist on my side, and gritting my teeth in anger.

You’re next. Kim Sohyun.

***

[Sohyun]

“Jisoo, wait!” I tried calling after her but she didn’t even look back and continued to march further towards the gym where their lockers might be located.

After witnessing the incident earlier at the cheering practice, my guts told me that something bad must have happened that made Jisoo walk out from there and I quickly followed her. Even Lucas came with me, who kept on mumbling about him getting another punishment after this.

“Just go back to practice Lucas!” I nagged.

“And what about you?” Lucas was still following me. “No. I’ll just go with you.”

I didn’t have the time to argue with him anymore, so I just let him do what he wanted to do. Just when we neared the building, something caught my eyes at the top of the said building. I couldn’t see their face very well since it was too bright for my eyes to see.

“Who’s that?” I whispered.

“What?” Lucas asked and he followed my line of sight.

But even before he could see what I was seeing, I was already running towards Jisoo. When I saw the person dropping something below towards Jisoo, I knew they meant harm and so I immediately ran for it and pushed Jisoo out of the way.

“Ow! What the—” Jisoo was shocked when she got pushed down.

“Kim Sohyun!” Lucas shouted as I felt him cradling my head on his lap. “Sohyunie! Sohyunie!”

Sohyunie? Where did I hear that name before? I knew I heard it somewhere and from someone I truly cherish, but I couldn’t remember it well. My head’s spinning and I felt drowsy.

I felt my eyes closed as I heard Lucas’ desperate voice trying to wake me up but darkness swallowed me completely and all the noises had vanished.

***

[Taeyong]

“Hey man.” Ten greeted as he entered our club room.

“Hey.” I greeted back. “By the way, I apologize for just leaving you guys earlier at the Cafeteria.”

“Why are you apologizing? You’re just looking out for he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter