I SWEAR TO GOD JANICE I WILL WRITE THIS CHAPTER AND PUBLISH IT IF IT KILLS ME

brofriends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

so. it's been a while.

 

"Tae and Joon"

[9:29 am]

lil: [address]

lil: 6:00 pm

 

"Tae and Jin"

[9:29 am]

lil: [address]

lil: 6:00 pm

 

"Tae and Hoseok"

[9:30 am]

lil: [address]

lil: 6:00 pm

lil: i know you're mad at me but please.

lil: bring jimin too please

 

"Tae and Jungkook"

[9:31 am]

lil: [address]

lil: 6:00 pm

 

"Tae and Yoongi"

[9:31 am]

lil: [address]

lil: 6:00 pm

 

"Tae and Hoseok"

[9:35 am]

friendly: no

 

"Tae and Yoongi"

[9:35 am]

lil: help me

lil: please

lil: it's your boyfriend

yoongi: off

lil: ???

lil: what's wrong

yoongi: maybe i wasn't clear

yoongi: don't ing text me anymore

 

"PG-13 banter b/w brofriends"

[9:42 am]

mamaduck: tae...?

 

"Tae and Jin"

[9:42 am]

lil: pls come

mamaduck: ok......

lil: also

lil: please help me

mamaduck: what's wrong taehyungie?

lil: can you get hoseok and yoongi to come?

lil: and jimin?

mamaduck: .....

mamaduck: yes, i can do that

lil: thank you

mamaduck: <3

 

"Tae and Jin"

[6:03 pm]

mamaduck: tae baby, we're here

mamaduck: everyone

mamaduck: jungkook came on his own

lil: ok thank you

mamaduck: we don't see you?

mamaduck: it's just a field

mamaduck: do we have the wrong address?

mamaduck: how tf does this place have an address

lil: no, i'll be out in a sec

mamaduck: ok...

 

Jin's car is parked right before the dirt ground transforms into a lush field of grass, golden dandelions speckled throughout. Jungkook's car is parked as if there are lines on the ground. The two vehicles are almost perpendicular.

Trees outline the field, adding more shades of green and brown. In the distance, Jin sees a wooden building. A shack, really. No where is Taehyung to be found.

"Where the are we?" asks Hoseok, shoulder touching Jimin's. The two had sat in the back of the car and talked in hushed voices only to each other the entire ride. Yoongi had sat alone in the middle row, headphones on. He didn't even talk to Seokjin or Namjoon.

Jin had felt a bit like a mother driving a drama filled group of teenagers. The tension was palpable and upsetting. Namjoon, the sweetheart, had tried the entire time to make him feel better, telling him dumb stories of his clumsiness, listening to equally, if not more, dumb puns. But Seokjin didn't know what was up with Yoongi and Hoseok, and it bothered him. The two had gone from head over heels for each other to the silent treatment, and it was almost as heartbreaking to see than it must've been for them. In his mirror, Seokjin caught the little glances Hoseok sent Yoongi from behind and could tell he was hurting more than he let on.

He just hoped whatever Taehyung was planning could ease some of this.

"I don't know," he answered.

"What? You don't know? You're taking us out for 'parent and children bonding', but you don't know where we are?" Hoseok is looking at Jin with a judgemental stare, one that he's rarely seen. Seokjin doesn't have anything to reply with.

Their mini staring contest lasts a few seconds, before Seokjin can practically hear the click go off in Hoseok's head.

"Wait a ing second. Is this that address that-"

Taehyung choses that moment to sprint out of the trees. His eyes scan over the shocked frozen group of guys, before they land on Jimin. Who... is getting into the driver's seat of Jin's car.

"Jimin! No, wait!" He's surprisingly fast, catching the door before Jimin is able to close it. He's not met with words, but instead a glare that's so cold it could start another ice age (even with all this global warming wtf). "I-" Taehyung breaks his sentence with a pant. "I need to say something."

"No."

Jimin tugs on the door and successfully wrenches it from Taehyung's grip. The younger shoves his forearm between the door and the car, and has it subsequently smashed when Jimin tries to slam the door shut. Taehyung lets out a cry through clenched teeth. A gasp runs through the group, starting from Jimin, who shoves open the door and jumps out of the car, cradling Taehyung's arm. The five others rush around the two.

"Oh my ing god, I'm so sorry," Jimin spews, panic coursing through his voice. ", it's bruising already, oh my god."

Taehyung grimaces and tries to turn it into a smile. "It's okay."

"No, it's not, and we should take you to the hospital or something, Tae-"

"No, it's okay. I don't - ah, need the hospital."

"Are you sure?" asks Seokjin, clinging to his other arm.

Taehyung nods, still looking at Jimin, who's looking at his arm, and takes his crushed arm in his other hand, holding it to his body. Jimin's eyes follow it, looking as in pain as Taehyung feels. Almost.

"I just want... to show you something. Jimin."

Jimin looks up to meet Taehyung's eyes. One. Two. Three. Four-

"Okay."

Taehyung turns his head towards the back of the car. The six others follow his gaze. Out from behind the car come three women. All three, thin figures with long hair. One with bangs and cheeks meant to squish. She smiles widely at the group. Another with red hair and a mouth meant to smile. She looks dow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter