Jin's Fault

Will it be Twice as Lovelyz?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin's POV

 

"How is she?" Dahyun asked as I turned around when she tapped on my shoulders.

"Not good, with Kei unnie hammering down the final nail on Sujeong's hope, I don't know what will happen in our dorm." I replied anxiously, handing Dahyun one side of my earbuds.

"Was it that deep?" Dahyun sat on the empty chair next to me as she took the earbuds from my hand.

"Just listen to it." I said blankly.

 

"Why are you just sitting here?!" Dahyun slammed her hands on the table, her chair screeching as it was pushed back when she stood up. "Why are you just being chill here while letting Yein do all the work?"

Dahyun continued on berating me, ignoring where we were. It's a good thing as the convenience store where we usually meet up isn't as busy considering that today is a weekend.

I kept my head hung low to let Dahyun blow all of that steam since she's just as concerned to Sujeong's well-being as I am. She only stopped as the cashier warned us that he'll kick us out if we don't shut it.

 

"I can't face Sujeong at the moment." I spoke up after Dahyun calmed down. "This is all my fault. This wouldn't happen if I didn't push her forward last night. I thought I could help her forget about Kei unnie."

"How is this your fault at all? I know you talked Sujeong into going with Kei unnie and about Mina unnie." Dahyun asked.

"You know how we tease you about choosing to live at another dormitory than ours, right?" I asked rhetorically. "Well, it's both a blessing and a curse. Knowing somebody and letting them do the talking is a blessing however living with each other is an entirely different thing. It's not that Sujeong has a bad habit but I got to know what I shouldn't know."

"And that is?" Dahyun asked as I abruptly stopped to drink.

"Did she tell you how she knew Kei unnie and Momo unnie's relationship?" I asked as I gulped down my drink.

"No. Why? Is it even relevant?" Dahyun asked with a puzzled look.

"Kei unnie asked Sujeong last night if she'd be free today, Sujeong replied immediately assuming her time has come. Her smile was ear to ear but it dissipated as she entered our room. Her time wasn't coming, she would be introduced to a 'friend' which she dismissed because she saw Kei unnie and the assumed 'friend' that one time. You follow?" I asked Dahyun if she gets the gist of it. She responds with a nod so I continued. "Even though she said that it was only that one time, she covered her tracks poorly. Leaving to buy something with a long coat, beanie, and a face mask after Kei unnie left a few minutes earlier is suspicious, even for the cops."

"Where's your fault coming in?" Dahyun asked seemingly uninterested in what I said.

"You know that composition notebook she keeps all to herself except when she wants to green-lit a song? I may or may not have taken a peek at it when she did those shifty things."

"So what is in it?" Dahyun cut me off as it piqued her interest.

"Our songs firstly, sketches from here and there, drafts, a sketch of Mina unnie with the tag of 'who are you?' sheet music for our songs and the drafts, lectures if she forgets her notebook for that specific class, and so on." I replied as I nonchalantly inserted the thing that started all of this.

"Hold up, what was that other thing?" Dahyun squinted as if I said something horrible.

"She copies lectures. Unbelievable, right? She could just ask me for a digital copy." I answered, pissing Dahyun off.

"Not that, the other one!" Dahyun hit my arm.

"Oh! You want to know some dra-" I wanted to continue but Dahyun was ready to hit me again. "Unless you have poor hearing, you know what I said."

"Fine, but how could you say that it was Mina unnie and not a random drawing?" Dahyun questioned my interpretation skills.

"Because it was after a finished song that Sujeong would likely have us play. A song that is far different from the fairytale-like songs like Rapunzel and Joyland, no. It's Sujeong's regret of not telling Kei unnie that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter