Resurfacing

Will it be Twice as Lovelyz?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina's POV

 

"I'm sorry for what I've said earlier this morning." Jin bowed in front of the me and the rest of J-Trinity while we're eating, garnering unwanted attention. With Jin's status as the mischievous unapologetic secretary, a lot of heads turned towards our direction, viewing a spectacle that only people could only imagine.

"Please stand." I said uncomfortably as I awkwardly reach out to tap Jin for her to stand up straight. Chaeyoung tapped Jin in the back for me as she noticed what I was trying to do.

"What's all this about? You're apologizing to Mina but not to me for all the harassment I got." Momo's asked with one brow raised. "I even heard that you've let out the biggest secret this week."

"I'm pretty sure it wasn't me unnie." Jin stood up straight and faced Momo. "There's a rumor circulating recently that a dancer from a well known trio likes a certain vocalist/guitarist, I wonder where that came from?"

I shot a piercing glare towards Momo who was taken aback from Jin's words. I sighed, if what Momo said reached Jin then Sujeong probably knows that I like her.

"Anyway, I'm sorry for what I've said earlier. I was acting out of line with Sujeong's affairs along with my own personal dilemma." Jin apologized for the second time.

"Can you please forget the first part you've heard?" Chaeyoung requested.

"I thought Jin was okay with telling -"

"Please unnie?" Chaeyoung interjected before Sana could say Mijoo's name. "We've already talked it out and it might cause internal rifts within a specific group of people if this were to go out."

"That's that? Jin gets a slap in the wrist for - you know what, we'll talk after we eat. There's a bunch of eyes and ears leering and listening to us because of someone's status." Momo stopped herself from talking.

"Why are you even getting involved? This is between me and Jin, and Sana and Chaeyoung as well." I questioned Momo's motive.

"Because I want to ask her something crucial, and since it is out already, why weren't Jisoo and Mijoo surprised when I 'accidentally' spilled that Mina likes Sujeong?" I pinched Momo as she asked her question.

"You tell me." I don't know if Jin's throwing a poker face or if she really is innocent. "Maybe some wandering eyes were fixated on some polaroids in our dorm or maybe you unconsciously told the other unnies while you're preparing breakfast yesterday."

"I did no such thing!" Momo defended herself. "I haven't even mentioned this to Kei."

"Well that leaves the two other unnies who we bumped into last Saturday night." Jin threw an accusatory stare at me and Sana. "Maybe they didn't flip out as immediately as Seulgi unnie did."

"How'd you know that?" I asked suspiciously, Jin might really have things to use against us than the Mijoo card.

"Seulgi unnie called earlier asking if I knew any dirt involving you liking Sujeong. Don't worry though, " Jin paused, oh god I know where this is going. Jin saluted. "I've already pledged my allegiance to my president."

"Please stop." I hung my head down and released a deep sigh. "I'm already slated to be the next dorm head because of that."

"Why didn't I get an invite to Mina's inauguration?" I can hear Jisoo ask, I guess Jin still isn't dropping the salute or everyone joined in. Though why does she know about this stupid inside joke?

"I'm not getting inaugurated." I raised my head. "W-"

"Can I ask you a question?" Momo cuts me off. "Both you and Mijoo weren't as inquisitive as Seulgi when I accidentally spilled Mina's feelings, why is that?"

"Oh that? I got it when Mina's expression did a complete 180 after Soul unnie announced that the maknaes were out." Jisoo replied with a nasty grin. "Both Mina and Sana's eyes were investigating our living room and not leaving any nook and cranny unchecked."

"No, I wasn't." I said feigning innocence. "It's just awkward to be there without the victim, Momo."

"Sure." Jisoo nodded slowly, knowing I am spouting crap. "Then there's the apology video, when Jin said it's for J-Trinity, I thought of how is it for Mina too since Dahyun is already dating Sana and you know, you were 'feeling awkward' being in our dorm."

"And Mijoo is just onboard with that?" Momo asked with clear skepticism.

"Pretty much since she'll get banned from entering her former room if she gets in trouble involving you again." she replied nonchalantly.

"Wait a minute, does everyone from the Lovelyz dormitory know?" I asked with a horrific realization.

"Nope." Jin answered and began counting with her fingers. "Soul unnie knows because you're our unofficial fifth council member, Jisoo unnie and Mijoo unnie with the events f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter