A Friend or a Foe?

Will it be Twice as Lovelyz?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sujeong's POV

 

What are you doing Sujeong-ah? Leaving the dorm early, ditching responsibilities and hiding out at JYP University's flower garden. A place devoid of people in the early hours, a place where Jihyo unnie and Soul unnie wouldn't even think to look for me at.

I feel bad for Yein though, being caught in the middle of our squabble but I just can't forgive Dahyun and Jin for what they have done. How could I? I even told them that I am not sure what I really feel about Mina unnie. Is this really a legitimate feeling or is this a coping mechanism that my mind created? Speaking of, she'd be disappointed that I am not in our office for this coming week. I can't ask Jihyo unnie to tell it to her since we both knew that it would be suspicious.

See? You're concerned about her, that means you do genuinely like her. You're just looking for an excuse to not pursue her.

Being concerned doesn't mean I genuinely like her. It would just be an inconvenience for her to wake up and prepare as early as us people who has work to do.

Just admit it Sujeong-ah, you really like Mina unnie, your morning visitor. Or are you really going to keep on holding the unattainable flower that is Kei unnie?

I sighed as I remembered the other major thing that happened this weekend. Good job me for bringing that up.

Isn't this the real reason you are here? This isn't about you being genuinely interested in your morning visitor, especially not about Dahyun and Jin giving Mina unnie your Kine account. This is about Kei unnie, about how your speculations being right and how you watched her being taken away from you.

 

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, not caring if there was any other person here with me. Don't cry here Sujeong-ah, that scream might have had attracted some attention. Don't cry, hold it in.

That's it, grab your guitar and just play anything! Without thinking what to play, I started strumming my guitar and I realized my mistake. Like a Fool, the song Jin have read, the song I kept from Dahyun, and the song that I've written for Kei unnie. I wanted to stop but the words flew out of my mouth.

 

I want to tell you, without sounding awkward
But it won’t turn out well, I’ll look back and regret it
Like a fool
You’re always in my heart
But I’m just impatiently waiting, yeah
I’m like a fool
I’m hesitating so I won’t get hurt
Even though I try to get my courage up, it won’t turn out well
Like I’m a fool
You’re the only one in my heart
I can’t tell you, But I want to show you
Hey I am your fool

 

As I utter last two verses, tears trickle down my cheeks. All my bottled feelings since Saturday have been released.

From a distance, I heard a clap. I turned around and I saw the person who was clapping, a blonde girl who's about my height. She's somewhat familiar to me but I can't recognize her face with tears blurring up my vision.

"I'm sorry for intruding." she apologized as she saw the tears that was on my cheeks. "I was in the vicinity checking on the roses when I heard someone, you, scream. I'll just go leave you with your thoughts." She pointed opposite of my direction.

"No, it's fine. My thoughts was the reason that this happened." I wiped the tears from my face then stood up. "I should be the one that's suppose to be sorry. I'm the one making making the noise."

"Nice song by the way." she complimented, walking towards me. "Though I guess there's some bad history that accompanies it."

"You're Rosé, right?" I asked.

"Yup." she confirmed with a bit of an amazement. "I'm surprised that Stone Wall sunbae knows me."

"Am I really known by that nickname?" I sighed and lowered my head.

"Is that offensive? I'm sorry." she apologized again.

"Not really, but I thought it was directed towards the others until Jin pointed it out to me." I replied.

"Oh." she uttered.

"Can you lend this Stone Wall unnie your time?" I sat down and patted the ground next to me.

"Sure unnie." she obliged and also sat down next to me.

"I'm disappointed at you hoobae, you forgot how I know you." I said in a fake, sad tone with a huff.

"Did we really meet sunbae?" her face reddened with embarrassment.

"We met last summers when the soon to be freshmen were looking for groups they'd like to join at and you auditioned to the then Lovelyz Duo/TwiceLyz." I claimed. "Unnie is fine by the way."

"Did I really forget?" she massaged her temple with two fingers, suddenly deep in thought.

"I'm just kidding." I tapped her in the arm. "It was Jin that you met that day. You really had high recommendations from Soul unnie and Kei unn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter