Hesitations.

In a Flash
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Update came so sooner than expected. Enjoy :D

By the way, thank you PaTzuMo, ChewyChoco_1225 and everyone who kept on supporting this story <3

___________________________________

- 18 -

 

As bright lights lit up the dark, loud bass and heavy stomps of random drunk people while sliding with each other’s body echoed into the room. It was Dahyun’s day off and she decided to spend it on the club for some drinks that will hopefully clear her mind. She didn’t invited Sana and left her at home. Probably, spending the rest of the day with the girl will not do her any help. Sana drives her crazy.

 

 

“Dahyuunie~”

 

The younger girl was ignoring Sana’s constant whining and decided to focus herself on her laptop. She needs to finish the report for there will be another board meeting within the week and she’ll be discussing this project with them. However, the same familiar high pitched voice kept on calling her name and for some reason, every time that it does and much to her dismay, her head would instinctively turn.

 

 

“Dahyunie.” She didn’t answer.

 

“Dahyuunie.” She tries to resist it.

 

“ Dahyuunie. I’m booooored.”

 

 

Dahyun gave up. She sighed.

 

 

“Unnie, can’t you see that I’m busy?”

 

 

She slightly raised her voice to emphasize how serious she was on having no time for such games.

 

 

“Fine. Sure that work is more important than me.”

 

 

Sana stomped her feet towards the bed. The older girl continued pouting as she turn herself on the television, sulking from the rejection that Dahyun had given her. But just as when Dahyun thought that Sana will finally give her some peace, voices from the television drama in their room reached her mini office, distracting the poor younger girl once again.

 

 

“Unnie!”

 

 

This time, it was Dahyun who was whining. She couldn’t get herself mad from the older girl’s antics but it doesn’t mean that she wasn’t annoyed. She just couldn’t understand why Sana always wanted her attention. Maybe it’s because of the fact that she doesn’t want to feel alone, especially now that she’s hurting inside. And Dahyun knows better. So in the end, it was always her who gives in.

 

“Fine. Dress up. We’ll go to the amusement park.”

 

The older girl suddenly stands up, jumping up and down while clapping with joy plastered on her beautiful face.

 

 

Dahyun took another shot of tequila. She felt burning up, but she didn’t want to stop. She banged her head on the table. Why she just wouldn’t stop thinking about Sana?!

 

 

“Aish, maybe I should’ve regretted what I have said to her that night. Maybe she did heard it.”

 

 

A memory flashed in her mind, once again flooding her thoughts like a computer virus that invaded her system.

 

 

Dahyun couldn’t help herself but to stare at the peaceful sleeping figure of Sana in her bed. Finally, after a long excruciating hours of crying, the older girl have managed to sleep. Dahyun was internally panicking that time, thinking of various many ways on how to stop a girl from crying, but she found none. It’s a good thing that Sana have drifted to sleep first before she could’ve done something stupid.

 

Dahyun lied next to her on her own bed. She was thinking of the first time they met, back in that convenience store. Back when everything is just simple and not complicated. Back when she was still a stranger who didn’t know her name. Back where she can freely admire the girl without hurting anybody, like her best friend Tzuyu. But she had to move on, it was all in the past now.

 

A couple of stands of hair fell on Sana’s face, so Dahyun reached for it and carefully tucked it behind the older girl’s ear. She remembered Sana’s story, why she had to leave Tzuyu. Sana sure surprised her, she had never thought how much the girl really loves her best friend to the point of even sacrificing her own happiness.

 

“If you were protecting her? Who would protect you?”

 

Sana shifted on her sleep. Dahyun didn’t move, thinking that she would wake the weak girl in her sleep. Thankfully, she drifted to sleep again while mumbling some words. Words that sent daggers straight to her heart.

 

“I love you, Tzuyu.”

 

 

Dahyun bitterly chuckled. She raised her hand asking for another drink.

 

“Unnie, you know alcohol won’t help you with that.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter