Lost but Found.

In a Flash
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana was still whimpering from the pain caused by the injury she got during their mountain hike activity. It was not really a big accident but it was enough to cause her ankles to be casted and the doctor have even told her that she will to rest for a while. Jeongyeon was kind enough to excuse her from the camp activities, but somehow staying inside the four corners of the wall wasn't really her forte. The thought that everyone was enjoying out there while she, on the other hand, was being bored to death was slowly driving her crazy. She wanted to be with them, or specifically speaking, she wanted to be with 'someone'.

 

 

She was about to carefully jump off her bed when aa note suddenly fell from the bedside table. A smile crept up to her face when she picked it up and read what was written.

 

"Take another step and I'll break your ankles permanently. Stay and be a good girl. Now, there's served food beside this. Eat and be well. Oh and btw, you're welcome. - Tzuyu"

 

She opened the platter.

"Cheese kimbap. Perfect." It was her favorite.

"How did she even know...hmm..."  

She casually stuffed her face with the food that Tzuyu had prepared for her, not even caring about how messy she looks. It was pure heaven. She haven't eaten this for a long time that she almost forgot how it tastes.

 

*burp*

 

She laughed at her own childishness. No matter how she had become a magnet for misfortune, she still has her lucky charm. A blush tainted her face as she remembered how Tzuyu had shown care for her right from the start, even if it was expressed in the most savage and weird ways possible. The tall girl might be cold from the outside, but from the way she sees it, she's just hiding the warmth she really had inside. Sure there were a lot of times when she had received knife-cut remarks from her due to her clumsiness, but her actions definitely says otherwise as the girl always have managed to save her every single time.

 

 

 

"If I didn't knew that you had an ankle injury, I would've thought that it was your head that was beaten to a rock." She looked towards the door and she found Nayeon standing right there, with a questioning look in her eyes. 

 

"Oh. It's you, Nayeon-unnie." The girl just chuckled at her while dragging the chair that she had pulled from the side. 

"I was just here to ask you about something but it seems you were also looking for someone." Sana immediately grabbed and opened the mineral water bottle sitting beside her. Why does she suddenly felt nervous? 

 

"Someone named Tzuyu perhaps." Water almost came out of her nostrils as she choked after hearing Nayeon's teasing. She fanned herself for she felt the room was suddenly getting hotter.

 

"Relax. I was just checking on you." Her friend couldn't hold back her laughter. "Friends. Geez." Sana mumbled. 

"By the way, the reason why I cam here is to see if your partner is here. I was sent here by Jeong to give her a report. Too bad that she wasn't here." Sana noticed how Nayeon's expression instantly changed. It became surprisingly serious.

 

"Did something happened?" She felt her friend's hesitations but she opened up to her eventually.

"I made terrible mistake and because of it, Ms. Myoui is missing." Sana gasped.

"What? Why? What did you do?" Her curiousity pushed her to bombared Nayeon with questions. The older girl was even more flustered.

 

"We weren't supposed to tell Tzuyu until we find her but it was hopeless. She wasn't at her assigned spot so we figured that we might've gave her the wrong map." Nayeon's voice cracked. "J-jeong was still out there looking for her with the other council members but here I am... h-haven't been able to do anything since I am afraid of the dark."

 

Sana immediately grabbed her phone and dialed Tzuyu's number that was saved in her phone.

 

"The number you have dialed..." Out of coverage area. She dialed again but she couldn't contact her school partner's phone so she gave up and dialed a different number instead. 

 

"Hello. Yes, Mr. Gong. I need emegency search team now. Send choppers, everything, whatever you have available right now. I'll send you an address." 

 

____________________________________

 

If it was daylight, Mina would've easily went back to the mountain cabin where there were supposed to stay for the night. But here she was, right in the middle of the woods, in the middle of nowhere, being unable to move.

 

Mina is a perfect genius. Except that she has that one weakness.

 

Like every other superheroes in the comic books, she has that one kryptonite. And for her, it was being alone in the dark.

 

 

"Why did I agreed to this thing again?" She silently remarked.

 

Another hour have passed and that eerie feeling that she had eversince she stepped into the woods has been increasing. It was making her extremely uncomfortable. As the silence gets deeper into the night, she swears that she had been hearing the most creepy sounds in her entire life. Loud croaks from a nearby group of toads, distinct chirping of the crickets, an unfamiliar sorrowful mourning of an owl somewhere in the trees, and a seemingly silent hiss of a snake slowly slithering its way towards her, caused her hairs from her spine to shiver. She wasn't sure if it was just her and her paranoia acting up but she could even feel some eyes secretly prying on her, like she was some sort of a prey. The thought made her immediately crouch to her toes. She repeatedly mumbled a prayer, hoping for someone to finally rescue her from this hellhole she was in.

 

 

 

 

If Tzuyu could just see her right now, she's sure that the taller girl would literally cracked up and die of laughing at her.

 

 

 

Okay. Maybe, she was just really being overparanoid. Why would she even think of that evil jerk right at this kind of situation? If Chaeyoung was only here, none of this would've happened.

 

 

*cracked*

 

 

Her adrenaline rushed as her hands instinctively held the piece of wood lying beside her. She's getting ready to face whatever that's coming, be it maybe some kind of a territorial wild animal or some mythical creature she had read from the storybooks.

 

"Kyaaaah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter