The Thin Line Between Hope and Stupidity.

In a Flash
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina was never a good cook. Her food was either bland or burnt. She never had the need to learn cooking since she always had her food served for her. But if trying means taking care of her precious maknae, even if its a drag, she would gladly do so. 

 

Every morning, she would wake up earlier than almost everybody. She would sneak at their own kitchen just to watch cooking shows from Youtube, and practice her own cooking. She never suceeded at her first attempts on every dish she tried, but she never gave up. She had already prepared more than enough ingredients that she will need, so even if she failed, she would try again until she make the dish more 'edible enough to be consumed'. 

 

After her cooking 'experiments', she would pack the food in a presentable manner and then drives her way to Tzuyu's apartment to prepare the younger girl's breakfast. She always had the duplicate key handed to her by the latter's aunt, since she know that after Sana have left her, Mina was the only person that has Tzuyu's trust.

 

The sight that welcomes her everyday was always heartbreaking. There would always be a stink of alcohol that could be smelled right at her doorstep. Empty bottles always present at the floor, and there she was. Tzuyu blankly staring at the walls. 

 

"Good morning, Tzuyoda! I have your favorite Rabokki." She tried to be cheerful as possible. She wanted to make the mood slightly bubbly so that she could at least make the younger girl feel less burdened. But she always failed.

 

Tzuyu would always push her away. Most of the time, she would just ignore the food that was served at her dining table. Sometimes, she wouldn't even bother to take a step out of her own bedroom. At one point, she even trashed Mina's food into the trashcan right in front of her. Call her heartless if you may because that was the truth. She couldn't feel anything and the fact the she couldn't didn't even scared her. 

 

It feels like she shut her own self from her own feelings. Not even pain, for she feels empty. 

 

Mina tried to hold back the tears from falling. She must not falter. She must not waver. This is the time that Tzuyu really needs her. She knew how many times Tzuyu had rejected her attempts, but she could feel her. She could hear her, the real Tzuyu, asking, pleading for help everytime she looked at those cold, blank, icy stares. Whenever she would lose hope, she would try to clearly remember those flashes of memory that occupies a special place in her mind and those fleeting feelings in her heart. She knew the real girl behind the limelight of the infamous Ice Princess. She knew that Tzuyu who was always been innocent, caring, and protective. And now, that Tzuyu that can be easily hurt, vulnerable and needed to be protected.

 

 

"No... don't leave me. No!"

 

Tzuyu was fascinated by the  girl she found sleeping at grass behind her favorite secret spot under the tree. She kept her distance to prevent her from waking up, but she had given up her padded sweater to cover the girl that was probably shaking because of the cold.

 

"She looked like she was having a nightmare." She whispered to herself. She couldn't help but to stare at the peacefully sleeping girl. She was curious. "I wonder what kind of dream it is."

 

She watched her as a trail of glistening tears traced the older girl's cheeks while she listen to the silent murmurs of distant whispers from her mentioning her mother.The sight made her feel that she wanted to protect this vulnerable girl infront of her even if she was a complete stranger. She, then, reached for her handkerchief and slightly wiped her soft, damped skin. She wants to know who this girl is.

 

"Tzuyu!"

 

She heard someone call her name. It was a cue for her to leave, but before she left, she put a note under a stone beside the sleeping stranger.

 

"You are not alone. I am here. I wish to see you again and eventually listen to your stories. - Curious Yoda"

 

Mina managed to smile after she found a note left beside her. She never met her seemed guardian angel, but at that time, she had the warmth that she last felt before her mother died.

 

"Me too." She wiped her tears. "I hope to see you again."

 

That was their first encounter before the birth of the so-called Ice Princess. She really wanted to go back to tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter