JUST MAYBE

ESTRANGE FIANCEE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything went smooth at the engagement party held at a luxurious hotel. The press was there to cover the most anticipated engagement because they would get to know this mysterious daughter of a magnate of the fashion industry. Of course, she will be engaged to the most promising fashion designer their company got hold of. Everyone was talking about it. 

 

 

Jennie wore a black dress accentuated with dark gray mini ruffles on the neckline that fit perfectly to her slender body. It was paired with three inches black strapped high heels. Her hair was fix into a not so messy low bun. She was indeed a goddess that hailed from above. She moved with grace and with confidence. Of course, the dress was designed by her. 

 

 

 

Lisa was just as stunning as her. She wore a dark gray long sleeves topped with black coat. It was paired with a dark gray skinny slacks and a high heeled shoes. She neatly combed her hair into place. She looked gorgeous and eyes were gawking at her.  

 

 

 

Smiles were plastered into their lips as if they were happy about the engagement. Well, for Lisa, it was. She couldn't be happier having the love of her life beside her looking good. She can't help but feel proud and bragged to the world that this woman is her now though sadly only on papers. The sad truth behind those smile was a contract her father had authored and she can't even turn it down. 

 

 

 

They were now in the car driving to the venue. They both sat on the back of the car as a driver was assigned to drive them. There was silence between them and there was this space that kept them apart not just physically but mentally. Lisa wanted to break the ice but did not succeed because she had nothing to say. 

 

 

Jennie broke it off by saying, "Let's just do our part properly." Her face still destitute of emotions. 

 

 

 

Lisa just nodded and flashed a fake smile to hide her true feelings. She was aching by the cold shoulders Jennie was giving her. They were living together for a week now but still they're still strangers. Everytime Lisa tried to make a move to be close to her, Jennie just make excuses that she was busy or an appointment was on the way. She's always at work or at the field almost not going home. She only went home to sleep, or to change her clothes. It's as if the office was now her new found home. Lisa didn't know if she's eating regularly because she felt she's thinning everyday. 

 

 

 

They arrived at the venue with red carpet to step

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter