FATE

ESTRANGE FIANCEE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa's POV again

 

 

I woke up late again in this very pleasant day. The sun shone in the east without clouds accompanying it. The scorching heat of the summer was felt outside but not in the well ventilated room. But I was still laxing in my comfortable bed when suddenly the door opened with a bang.

 

 

 

"Where have you been? I've been looking for you for the past days. All you do is to waste money. For once, fix your life. I'm not here forever.".

 

 

There goes again my father with his unending litany. I was astounded by my father's authorative voice. I couldn't look at him straight. I knew father was very patient with me for the past years but not now. He wanted to retire already because of his failing health. He just wanted to be with mother for as long as he can be. I cannot fail him now. I was just distracted by stalking Jennie but I gave up now. Maybe we're not just meant to be. But the mere memory of her in the bed made me think about her more. She was so fragile and delicate. I cannot hold her roughly because any time she might break. I was so gentle that night and did it with all my self control but failed.  But my daydreaming was halted by the words that came out of my father's mouth.

 

 

"We will be meeting your soon to be fiancee tonight." my father said without hesitation and continued.

 

 

"And I'll be expecting your full cooperation about this matter.", and that ended with a loud sound of the door being shut off.

 

 

I can't believe what I just heard. He didn't even ask me if I'm okay with it. He's always like that, making decisions for the family without asking first. I hate that part of him. He always told me what to do. It's as if I was a robot well maintained by him. No wonder I just revolted all this years because of that mindset of him. That I found freedom and peace in stalking the person who stood up for me though she didn't know me at all. I can't do anything because I promised my mother that from now on, I'll do whatever Dad will tell me and this was the first test of my obedience.

 

 

 

 

I went to the shower and refreshed myself. Under the sound of the water tapping on the tile floor, I remembered Jennie. I remembered how she was so frightened at the sight of her ness and there was a stranger whom she barely know also and sleeping beside her. I remembered hearing those faint sobs from the bathroom which made my knees melt under the cold water. Jennie was my weakness, my kryptonite. I managed to wrap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter