WHERE WE USED TO

ESTRANGE FIANCEE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie's POV


I was astounded by the least person I want to see standing in front of my door looking so miserable. My eyes grew big as I opened the door and saw who it was. Dark circles were visible around her eyes and she combed her hair using her hand looking so gaunt. 

 

 

 

It was Rose who I wasn't t ready to face yet. I knew why she's here. I knew she heard or read the news about my engagement. She couldn't reached me because I changed my number and I didn't give her Lisa's address. I knew very well that her conscience bugging her. I fell in love with Lisa but just lately and just last night, I felt betrayed again. I moved on and even forget about how I felt with Jisoo but I still don't know how to face her and Rose without embarrassing myself. Lisa just added insult to the injury I've been enduring all this time. I still don't know how to face Lisa and her lies. I don't know how to face her father without faltering my manners. I believed that they collaborated with those lies just to get his daughter what she wanted. And she wanted me and I know that now. 

 

 

 

"H-hi.", that was the only thing she could utter at that moment. I was just there standing looking at her and I saw her eyes became watery as she batted her eyelashes. She couldn't looked straight at me but when I saw that a tear had dropped and made its way to her cheek, I became soft and I couldn't help but walked closer and held her in my arms. I never wanted her to feel like this. I was the one who gave up easily on Jisoo's love. She seemed fragile as I held her and patted her back. I felt she was trembling and her shoulders were shaking from her sobs. I patted her back torso to make her feel she was home. 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry.", her voice was shaky and was unclear because of her lament. I held both of her shoulders and looked into her eyes. She was still crying and I wiped the tears that were flowing freely from her eyes. I was crying too feeling lighter in the middle that somehow, one of my problems had been solved. 

 

 

 

I was just afraid to approach Rose because the last time I saw her,  I practically ran away from her. I don't know what to say or do when I got to face her. I never expected that she could be so affected by my disappearance in their life. She was a close friend who was always there never minding of who I am. I was just grateful I had her in my life who was brave enough to reach out to me even if I was being distant. She was the one who stood by me in my first heartbreak back in college and never forgot to keep in touch even after college. 

 

 

 

I held her hand and guided her inside my apartment. It wasn't as huge as Lisa's unit was but I can call it home. It was my lair for how many years. This hol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter