HANKY

ESTRANGE FIANCEE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa's POV

 

 

I was only a silhouette who would always walk where your paths had gone to. A shadow merely hiding in the darkness of the night. A spy to everything you do. A stalker who was glad just by looking at you from afar. I could see every step that you take in life. I was there but unnoticed. I was like a ghost,  so near yet invisible. 

I first saw you back in 10th grade. We were so young yet you were so beautiful and stunning. I was just a nerd with a thick rimmed glasses and messy curly hair that almost hid my face. I was chubby and had a big bulk of fat over my stomach because my mom loved to overfeed me. I was admiring you then when you transferred to our school. You were so bubbly with those flashy smiles and you were an instant celebrity at the school, unlike me who was invisible all the time. You didn't even spent a glance over me. But my admiration had grown when one incident that I was crying because a bully had taken my lunch money and I was sulking at one corner of the cafeteria. You approached me and gave me your half slice of bread and you wiped my tears using your hanky. You said you hated bullies and so when I didn't respond because I was to enthralled by the moment,  you just walked away giving me your hanky. I treasured it like it was some kind of a diamond. Our paths never crossed after that because I was so shy approaching you. I didn't have that confidence in me at the time. Even when we graduated, I still don't have the confidence in me so I just let you passed by me. I was just contented being so far from you. 

 

 

 

In college you took up fashion designing. I took up a different field chose by my father but not in the same college because my father wanted me to study abroad. So I went abroad and everything about you had gone but not my feelings. I got friends in there who told me that I should try to change what I looked like so the transformation began. They signed me up to a gym that almost killed me because I was a gluttony. They broke my glasses and made me wear contact lenses. I cut short my hair but it kept growing so they let just it be but they had it straightened. They even remarked later that it gave me more charisma. Somehow,  I finished the business course and was hailed back by my father after years to help him in the family business. 

So being back to the country where I've got to meet you was so familiar. It took me back years before I migrated to other country to study. Then,  I saw you at my father's office. I recognized you so I didn't want to enter. I was afraid all this time to meet you. Even if I've been transformed into a fine yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter