It's A deal

Dream Kindergarten

A/N: Hello there because Yutae needs more shipping and naren are determined to ship their parents together!

 

----

 

Yuta yawned as he stretched, his neck a bit stiff from the position. He checked his watch, it was just a little past 4am but he felt sleep evaded him. He moved slowly, careful not to wake up his son. Renjun was thankfully a heavy sleeper and Yuta covered the boy with the blanket as he tried to get a drink of water.

 

He walked silently towards the kitchen but was surprised to see shadows moving in the dim light. When he approached the kitchen though, he was met by a pale face making him scream, the pale face screamed as well. When they both realized who the other was, they laughed at their silliness.

 

“You scared me.” Yuta remarked and Taeyong smiled at him.

 

“You scared me too!” Taeyong exclaimed. “Can’t sleep?” Taeyong asked and Yuta nodded.

 

“Decided to get some water.” Yuta shrugged and Taeyong opened the fridge to retrieve a bottle then handed it to the Japanese. “Thank you.” Yuta said and Taeyong smiled at him.

 

“I’ll be cooking breakfast, you want something?” Taeyong asked and Yuta sighed.

 

“You seriously are putting my parental skills to shame.” Yuta remarked and Taeyong gaped at him. “Just kidding.” Yuta laughed. “Do you have some ham, flour and eggs?” Yuta asked and Taeyong nodded. “Perfect.” Yuta just smiled and helped Taeyong in the kitchen.

 

Taeyong prepared some coffee before taking out the ham and eggs from the fridge. Yuta took them and grabbed a bowl to prepare a batter. “What are you making? Pancakes?” Taeyong asked and Yuta smiled wide at him.

 

“Back in Osaka, I was called a Takoyaki Prince.” Yuta informed him. “There’s no Takoyaki pans here so we’ll just have to settle with the next best think, okonomiyaki.” Yuta informed him and Taeyong’s brows lift up.

 

“You said you don’t cook.” Taeyong remarked.

 

“Yeah I don’t but it would be a shame to my Osaka heritage if I don’t know how to do okonomiyaki.” Yuta said and Taeyong nodded, preparing two cups of coffee for them.

 

“Why leave Japan?” Taeyong asked randomly.

 

“I wanted Renjun to have a new start, something that won’t remind him of a broken part of his history.” Yuta shrugged.

 

“That’s really admirable of you.” Taeyong said and smiled shyly.

 

“You too, you took in Jaemin.” Yuta countered.

 

“The kid is just loveable.” Taeyong sighed and they shared a comfortable silence as Yuta surprisingly completed the okonomiyaki on his own. 

 

“Does Renjun like Japanese food?” Taeyong asked,grabbing a notepad and a pen.

 

‘Yeah, he like takoyaki and Okonimiyaki. He likes spicy food too and lots of ketchup. Don’t know why, Japanese likes mayonnaise more.” Yuta shrugged, plating the last okonomiyaki.

 

“hmmm, what do we prepare then?” Taeyong asked as Yuta sat across him and took the other cup of coffee.

 

“What are you comfortable cooking?” Yuta asked, slicing the okonomiyaki and offering it to Taeyong who absently mindedly took it, chewing as he tapped the pen on the table.

 

“This is really good.” Taeyong remarked.

 

“Thank you.” Yuta replied with a shy smile and a faint blush.

 

“Anything Korean, I am comfortable with it.” Taeyong said and Yuta paused for a while to think.

 

“Fusion?” Yuta asked and Taeyong looked up to him.

 

“Fusion?” Taeyong repeated the question.

 

“Kimchi spaghetti, or kimchi okonomiyaki, or bulgogi ramen.” Yuta said and took a bit of the food before offering another to Taeyong.

 

“nice idea.” Taeyong chewed and wrote something down. “Chicken, we need chicken.” Taeyong said and Yuta agreed.

 

Yuta just offered another bite of the food when Jaemin came rubbing his eyes and collapsed on Taeyong’s lap. Taeyong took the boy to sit on his lap and kissed his cheeks.

 

“Appa I’m hungry.” Jaemin muttered and Taeyong made the boy face Yuta and Jaemin opened his mouth that was Yuta’s cue to feed him. Jamein chewed slowly and once he swallowed he opened his mouth again, asking for more food. Yuta chuckled at the cuteness and began feeding the kid.

 

“Touchan!!!!” Renjun screamed from the bed and Yuta excused himself to get Renjun from the bed and made a detour to the kitchen to grab the other plate of okonomiyaki that was for the kids.

 

“Morning Renjun.” Taeyong greeted him and Renjun nodded and nuzzled his face on his father’s neck.

 

“Eat up usagi, I made okonomiyaki.” Yuta cooed at his son and Renjun opened his eyes and grabbed a fork.

 

Renjun was pretty independent and after a few more bites, Jaemin was eating on his own. “What is this?” Jaemin asked.

 

“Okoyaki” Renjun blurted out making Yuta laugh.

 

“Okonomiyaki.” Yuta corrected.

 

“Too long. It’s delicious.” Jaemin said and Yuta laughed.

 

“Thank you.” Yuta replied.

 

“You made this?” Jaemin was wide eyed and Yuta nodded. “You need to marry appa! I love this.” Jaemin blurted out and Taeyong choked on his coffee prompting Yuta to get a glass of water.

 

“Koinu, don’t spout nonsense.” Yuta lightly reprimanded the child.

 

“But oji.” Jaemin pouted.

 

‘No buts, finish your food or else you won’t be able to help me make invitations.” Yuta said and Jaemin nodded.

 

“Invitations?” Renjun asked and Yuta ran a hand on Renjun’s hair.

 

“Yeah, I was planning on inviting them over to work on the invitations. You and Jaemin can draw on those pretty paper.” Yuta said and Renjun smiled wide.

 

“I love drawing.” Renjun said and quickly finished his food.

 

“Come over?” Taeyong asked and Yuta nodded.

 

“Yeah, come over for lunch and we’ll do the invitations.” Yuta said and then handed Taeyong his phone. “Enter your number so I can give you the address.” Yuta said and Taeyong quickly entered his number and Yuta saved it, a message was sent later.

 

After the breakfast, Renjun and Yuta were out of the apartment and driving back to their house when Jaemin noticed his father smiling to himself.

 

“You look happy appa.” Jaemin mused and Taeyong looked at his son.

 

“Can’t I be happy?” Taeyong asked and Jaemin shook his head.

 

“Is Yuta oji making you happy?” Jaemin asked and Taeyong choked on his saliva and coughed so hard. “That’s okay, I like oji too.” Jaemin then ran to his room to take out clothes for their trip later.

 

Taeyong shook his head in disbelief, his son can tell his crush and that was something. HE groaned when he realized he thought of Yuta as a crush, what was he, 15?

 

---

 

Yuta was setting up the studio where he works on as Renjun grabbed his colored markers and placed them on the small table he was using when he draws next to his father. Yuta smiled seeing Renjun happily placing the markers then grabbing the pretty papers for them to draw on. Renjun had always been a colorful child and when Yuta discovered the artistic side of his son, he supported him ever since; art must run in their blood.

 

It was around 11 am when Taeyong and Jaemin appeared on their doorstep, and Jaemin hugged Yuta like they hadn’t seen each other earlier. Yuta laughed and led them inside and Taeyong was carrying a pot of what looked like beef stew.

 

“It needs a few more minutes to simmer.” Taeyong announced and Yuta pointed to the (mostly unused) kitchen.

 

Yuta led Jaemin inside and Renjun excitedly pulled him towards the small table and handed him a paper and some colored markers. Yuta squatted and instructed the kids to draw something for their invitation, something that will represent them and the party that they want. Renjun immediately drew heads and bodies and Jaemin asked what they were. Renjun beamed a smile told him that it was them, Renjun and Jaemin with their fathers.

 

Yuta left them for a while to check up on Taeyong but he was surprised when he saw the other staring at the large painting on the living room wall. IT was a painting he did 2 years back, when Renjun just turned three and they took a picture together. It was something he had diligently worked on for a tedious amount of time and when it was finished, he gave it to Renjun on his birthday. The then four-year-old was happy and asked his father to display it.

 

“You did this?” Taeyong asked as he watched Yuta approached him.

 

“Yeah.” Yuta answered shyly.

 

“You are amazing!” Taeyong remarked, the intricacy and details of the portrait was really outstanding. “Must cost a fortune if you’re commissioned.” Taeyong mused.

 

“I can give discount.” Yuta joked but Taeyong’s eyes were wide.

 

“Really can you?” Taeyong asked and Yuta cocked his head to the side. “Just a small one and no time pressure, I just want to have one with Jaemin.” Taeyong said, rummaging his pocket for his wallet and eventually taking out a picture of him and Jaemin taken at the studio.

 

“Oh, okay. No worries.” Yuta took the picture and admired the two; they may not be related by blood but truly, their bond is nothing but father and son. “I’ll give it as a gift to you and Jaemin.” Yuta said and Taeyogn shook his head.

 

“I’ll pay for it.” Taeyong said but Yuta shook his head.

 

“You’ve done so much for Renjun’s birthday and seriously, I do not know how to thank you. We just knew each other but you are helping me so much already.” Yuta explained but before Taeyong could rebut, the doorbell rang and Yuta attended to it.

 

“Seriously Yuta, if you don’t learn how to cook I am taking Renjun with me.” A strict voice sounded and a petite man with what looks like bags of Tupperware strutted towards the kitchen.

 

“Wookie samchon!” Renjun’s voice boomed and the boy ran to the petite man.

 

“How is my favorite neighbor?” Wookie asked and Renjun smiled and pointed to Taeyong.

 

“He’s Taeyong samchon, he’s Touchan’s friend.” Renjun introduced him. “And that’s Jaemin, my friend.” Renjun said.

 

“Oh Taeyong-ssi?” Wookie asked and the man in question nodded. “I’m Ryeowook, Yuta’s neighbor and in charge of their food.” Ryeowook extended a hand and Taeyong shook them.

 

“You don’t need to worry, when appa marries Yuta oji, he’ll be the one cooking.” Jaemin said and all adults gaped and Yuta may have hit his head on the refrigerator door.

 

“He’s joking.” Taeyong tried to correct the situation.

 

“Na-ah, he called you ‘mine’!” Jaemin said and Ryeowook smiled a bit.

 

‘Amusing child.” Ryeowook remarked. “You look like a good person.” Ryeowook remarked and left the apartment with a wave and loud goodbye.

 

“Yuta oji!” Jaemin called out and Yuta looked at Jaemin who was grinning. “Will you be my Otousan?” Jaemin asked.

 

“Taeyong samchon, Will you be my Appa?” Renjun immediately asked as well.

 

Yuta and Taeyong apologized to each other, bowing profusely that they both hit their head with each other. The kids laughed at their pain but their flushed faces tell another story.

 

“Yuta oji, help me draw.” Jaemin pouted and Yuta looked at Taeyong who nodded.

 

“I’ll help Taeyong samchon.” Renjun volunteered and Taeyong tousled the boy’s hair and carried him to sit by the counter.

 

Once Yuta and JAemin were both out of sight, Renjun looked at Taeyong and asked him bluntly. “Do you like my touchan?” The boy asked and Taeyong panicked for a while. “Please be honest.” Renjun said and glared at Taeyong.

 

‘Would you hate me if I do?” Taeyong asked and Renjun’s smile was almost blinding.

 

“I like you for touchan too.” Renjun answered. “But you have to teach me how to dance like Jaeminnie.” Renjun said and Taeyong laughed at that.

 

“If I do then you would give me your permission?” Taeyong asked and Renjun nodded before extending a hand. ‘You got a deal!” Taeyong shook the boy’s hand.

 

“You can call me injunnie or usagi if you like.” Renjun said and Taeyong smiled at that.

 

“You don’t mind me calling you usagi?” Taeyong asked and Renjun shook his head.

 

“You can call touchan Neko too.” Renjun said then giggled as Taeyong flushed.

 

----

Jaemin showed his drawings and it was really a poor attempt at a family portrait. Jaemin pointed at Renjun’s work and it was miles better than what Jaemin did.

 

“I want to draw like Injunnie.” Jaemin pouted.

 

‘Koinu, you have to practice to draw well.” Yuta explained to the boy.

 

“If you become my appa too then you could teach me?” Jaemin asked and Yuta was caught off guard. “You like appa.” Jaemin pointed a finger and Yuta bit his lip.

 

“what if I do?” Yuta asked and Jaemin grinned at him.

 

“Will you make okoyaki again?” Jaemin asked and Yuta laughed.

 

“It’s okonomiyaki.” Yuta said then nodded. “Yes I will whenever you want.” Yuta answered.

 

“You can be my appa too but you have to promise me, one make appa happy.” Jaemin raised 1 finger and Yuta raised a brow. “two, help me practice drawing and three, call appa neko.” Jaemin raised three fingers and Yuta laughed, is he really going to make a promise with this young boy.

 

“What if your appa doesn’t like me?” Yuta asked.

 

“he’s blind.” Jaemin said bluntly making Yuta laugh.

 

“Okay deal.” Yuta said and Jaemin raised his pinky. Yuta looped his finger and they did a pinky swear.

 

“Now help me.” Jaemin demanded and Yuta guided Jaemin to draw his version of family.

 

 

 

----

a/n: some of you asked me why is yutae moments not as in depth as the others wel… it’s because Renjun and Jaemin had their own strategy. Look who’s a blushing mess!

 

Thank you so much for the upvotes and subscription (aff) as well as Kudos and bookmarks (AO3). I had so much fun writing this, I am not gonna lie, it had reduced stress levels on my part.

 

I love hearing from you guys, your comments were all so wonderful and it helps me write/modify my plots accordingly.

 

If you want to talk to me on twitter >> main account , NCT spazz account
Curious cat
Askfm