Graduation

Dream Kindergarten

a/n: Here goes their graduation because we need to be a little emotional.

A lot of this chapter was written with the recollection of my own kindergarten graduation (which is 2 decades ago lols) but i really liked seeing my parents tear up when they watched me and my siblings go up that mini stage and receive our certificates of completion.

I am really emotional on graduations so join me while I get sentimental.

 

 

------  

 

Renjun and Jaemin were both laughing as Yuta and Taeyong fixed their mini blue togas with pink trims. They looked so adorable and Taeyogn was choking up seeing his kids going out there and graduating Kindergarten. Time flew so fast that he had to take a deep breath as he tried to keep the tears from falling. He watched as Yuta waved at the kids while they lined up in front of Kun who was drowning in pink and blue togas excitedly waiting to do their procession. Yuta then turned to his boyfriend and Taeyong finally let out his tears that Yuta instantly wiped and gave him a wide  smile.

 

 

“They grow up so fast.” Taeyong remarked and Yuta could only smile and nod.

 

 

“Aren’t they.” Yuta laughed and Taeyong embraced him tightly.

 

 

 

Ten was hugging Lucas tightly while the kid fidgeted and wanted to be freed. Johnny laughed but saved the kid, prying Ten away from his son and fixing Lucas’ toga and placing his cap. Mark who was holding his cap tugged at Ten’s shirt and handed it to him. Ten beamed a smiled and took it from the kid, and he placed it on Mark’s head who was grinning happily as he thanked him. Ten felt the tears brim as he watched the two boys walk towards Kun and he felt Johnny pull him to his side and grounding him. It was something he didn’t really expect, but here he was going to witness his sons graduate from Kindergarten. Call him overacting but the emotions of watching Lucas and Mark wearing matching togas and smiling happily was tugging at his heartstrings; how could have time passed so quickly?

 

“Hey, it’s not yet college.” Johnny tried to lighten up the mood and Ten appreciated that.

 

“Let’s go?” Ten said as he wiped his tears and Johnny nodded then led the way.

 

 

Doyoung and Jaehyun decided t take Jaehyun’s car because it is newer and bigger than his old one. They reached the school and as usual a lot of girls were eye-ing Jaehyun but Doyoung just calmly dressed the kids in their blue toga and allowed Jaehyun to fix their caps before he asked them to pose for the camera. Doyoung took a lot of pictures and when Jeno requested one with Doyoung, Jaehyun gladly took the camera and took mediocre but at least not blurred pictures of them. Then Jaehyun asked a passing girl, who in Doyoung’s opinion was supposed to flirt with him, to take the family picture and the girl looked like she was insulted but took their pictures nonetheless.

 

 

“Run a long now.” Doyoung urged them and when the kids were literally chasing each other as they rn towards Kun, Doyoung felt warm arms around him and a kiss on his cheek. “Don’t get emotional on me Jae.” Doyoung laughed but he too was feeling a little emotional with how fast the time passed, from having Donghyuck as a tiny bundle of joy to this 5 year old who had a personality as bright as the sun.

 

 

“It’s just, I feel like I haven’t spent enough time with Jeno and now he’s off to grade school.” Jaehyun muttered and Doyoung could really understand him.

 

 

 

Sicheng was pleasantly surprised when Chenle hopped off the car without the usual restraint and bratiness. He smiled as Chenle approached Taeil who was fixing the blue toga over Jisung. Taeil smiled at him and took the other toga and wore it on the little kid who was laughing as the head cap on Jisung kept slipping on his forehead.

 

“let me fix it.” Sicheng said and helped the kid with the head cap. Jisung smiled at him and asked to be lifted. Sicheng did as he was told and Jisung kissed his cheek and thanked him. “You’re welcome sungie.” Sicheng said and Jisung smiled at him.

 

 

“What about me papa?” Chenle asked and Taeil lifted the kid to allow him to kiss Sicheng as well. The kid was then laughing and it made the two parents smile at their precious kids.

 

 

“Time to go kiddo.” Taeil announced and they  let the two go to run over to Jungwoo who waved at them and took the kids to line up for the procession.

 

 

Taeil then offered a hand to Sicheng who shook his head and snuck a kiss on Taeil’s lips before running away leaving taeil to grin then laugh before running after his childish boyfriend.

 

 

----

 

 

The ceremony started with the procession and the kids entered the auditorium in pairs. Everyone looked so cute in their togas, blue for the boys and pink for the girls. The parents were smiling as they watched their children walked towards their seats.  The MC greeted them and after the protocols of national anthem and prayer, they were welcomed to Dream Kindergarten Graduation. The principal then delivered an opening remarks and everyone clapped as he acknowledged the effort of everyone in molding young minds into the future of the world. He also challenged the little ones to continue to pursue learning and grow into persons they dreamed to be.

 

As the program progressed, each adviser was tasked to hand out their awards. Kun smiled and called out each of his students with awards.

 

“To the hardworking child who always strive perfection, Most Hardworking is awarded to Fang MeiMei.” Kun announced and the kid walked up with her mother to meet the principal and receive the certificate of recognition.

 

 

“To the most polite and courteous student who had passion to excel, Most Courteous and Excellence Award is given to Jung Jeno.” Kun said and Jeno proudly walked up the stage with Jeahyun holding his hand. Jaehyun was beaming with pride and Doyoung captured it flawlessly.

 

 

“We got you.” Johnny raised his camera for Doyoung as he walked up to Donghyuck who was going to receive his own award.

 

 

“To the ambitious kid who had aimed high and reached high, High Achiever award is given to Kim DOnghyuck.” Kun smiled as Donghyuck walked to the stage with Doyoung smiling wide.

 

 

“To the top of the class, the overachiever, Excelence Award and Top honors are given to Nakamoto Renjun.” Kun announced and Everyone clapped, Taeyong probably had tears in his eyes as he watched Yuat and Renjun walked towards the stage to receive the award. Renjun was happy and Yuta was tearing up for his kid.

 

 

“To the kid who had passion and determination that exceed expectations, Studious awardee Leechiayakul Yukhei.” Kun announced and the kid was all giddy as he pulled Ten to walk faster to get his award.

 

 

“To the kid who had brightened everyone’s day and had continued to be a ray of sunshine, Congeniality and Enthusiasm Awardee, Lee Jaemin.” Un said and Jamein smiled wide as he received the award.

 

 

“To the second honor and the big brother of everyone, Most responsible and High Honors awardee, Seo Mark.” Kun beamed a smile as the kid bowed at him befoe receiving his award.

 

 

Kun announced a few more names and then turned the mic over to Jungwoo with a wink. Jungwoo tried to hold in the blush which made Kun chuckle, Jungwoo was really adorable.

 

 

“I would like to present the awards for Kinder 1-A starting with our top honor, First in Rank and our Top Achiever, Moon Jisung.” Jungwoo said softly and Jisung walked towards the stage with Taeiil proudly walking a few steps behind.

 

 

“For our second award, this is given to our precious ball of fluff, our second in rank and Overachiever award, Dong Chenle.” Jungwoo announced and Chenle was laughing as he received his award with Sicheng smiling happily on his side.

 

Jungwoo announced a few more awards and passed the mic to other teachers who did the same. After the kids had received their awards and Certificates of Completion, it was time for a surprise presentation per class. The children guided by their teachers performed by singing and/or dancing. Even if the songs were sang a little off key or they danced a beat to late, everyone was cheering them on, it was always a pleasure to watch kids perform for their parents.

 

 

“And now, we have prepared a special performance to thank our dear parents in raising these wonderful children.” Kun announced and the kids lined up on the stage as they took their places with Chenle, Renjun and Donghyuck taking center stage. Kun sat on the piano and Jungwoo and the rest of the teachers stood by the side.

 

 

As Kun the piano keys for the intro, the kids were smiling as they faced their parents. Renjun sang the first verse and his beautiful voice echoed inside the auditorium. Chenle then sang part of the second verse and his voice was sweet and mellow, and finally Donghyuck sang the rest of the verse and his beautiful voice drew in emotions. As the kids sang the chorus all together, the parents suddenly felt a little bit emotional, hearing the heartfelt words from their children.

 

No mountain

No valley

No time

No space

No heartbreak

No heartbreak

No fall from grace

Can’t stop me from believing

That my love will pull me through

 

Thanks to you

 

 

After the chorus, the kids started dispersing and as Kun played the chords expertly, the teachers handed each kid a rose to give to their parents and one by one, they were approaching their parents who were shedding tears as they appreciated the gratitude their children were giving them. The three vocalists remained on stage and they sang the second chorus, harmonizing really well and three fathers were crying so hard as they watched their kids perform a heartfelt song. Jungwoo finally handed them each a stem of rose and they went down to meet their fathers. Jungwoo and Kun continued the song and they were both teary eyed as they watched the parents react to their surprise. They made eye contact and they both smiled as they made a job well done.

 

 

Lucas ran to his father and ten was already wiping fat ugly tears off his face but when he saw Lucas smiling wide at him and offering the red rose, he broke down and hugged him tightly. Lucas has always been a blessing to him and even if he had no one to raise him up by choice, he was glad the Lucas became who he was, a loveable and happy kid whose heart is as big as he was. “I love you papa.” Lucas said and Ten had held him tightly and returned the love, telling the boy that he was truly loved.

 

 

Mark was tearing up as he walked towards Johnny, and the man was no better. Mark had shyly handed his father the rose which Johnny took before lifting his kid and kissing his cheek. Johnny then let out the tears as Mark hugged him and whispered his gratitude and love for his father. Johnn knew he made the right decision to keep Mark and just this moment reaffirmed that, he loved the kid too much to even think about not having him. “I love you Mark so so much.” Johnny said and he felt wetness on his shoulder that made him smile through the tears.

 

 

Taeil hugged his little one, his shy precious kid who had always been his treasure. Jisung may have lived in a broken family but Taeil made sure that the boy felt loved. Jisung, at his young age understood what his father had for him, how Taeil did everything for him, to feel loved and nurtured. And as he handed the rose and thanked him, he was crying because at his young age, he knew how much sacrifice his father had given for him. “Thank you appa. I love you.” Jisung choked on his word and Taeil cried ans he hugged and kissed his son, his precious kid who had kept him sane throughout the divorce and had helped him find the love of his life. “I love you too Jisungie.” Taeil whispered, his heart bursting with so much love for him.

 

 

Taeyong was sobbing so hard that Jaemin was laughing at him but when they made eye contact, Jaemin cried as he tried to smile. Jaemin knew where he came from and had watched his adoptive father struggled to raise him. “Thank you Dada.” Jaemin said and Taeyong knew how much those words weigh, how much they mean to Jaemin. “Thank you Nana.” Taeyong said back and they were sobbing so hard as they embraced each other, emotions too high. He never regretted adopting Jaemin and he is so proud of how the kid had become. If he was presented with the same scenario again, he would grab the chance to adopt Jaemin and raise him like his own because the kid is just a sweetheart; he couldn’t ask for a better son than Jaemin.

 

 

Jeno was smiling when he approached his father and Jaehyun was keeping himself together as Jeno handed the rose. But when Jeno cried as he thanked his father for being the best appa ever, Jaehyun’s façade and he cried as he held the boy to his chest and thanked him for being such an understanding son. Jeno may have come from a cheating mother, but the boy had been the best kid who did nothing but obey, respect and love him. “I love you Jeno.” Jaehyun muttered and Jeno whispered it back, too choked up at how important his father was to him, how he had been the strong and formidable man that he had looked up to.

 

 

Chenle ran to his father laughing and Sicheng just hugged his kid and spun him around, earning laughter from the small kid. “I love you so much Haitun.” Sicheng muttered as he kissed his son’s cheek and forehead. “Papa, I love you.” Chenle replied and Sicheng burst into tears. Having Chenle was a decision he made to have his freedom but having the kid had changed him, and even made him grow up. Sicheng would never be able to thank God completely for giving him such blessing but he prayed to thank Him every single day for giving him the bundle of joy in his arms. Sure Chenle was a handful but he was what kept him grounded and determined to prove that he can do things expected of him.

 

 

Yuta was smiling, he truly was, but tears were running down his face because Renjun did not just topped his class, he was chosen to sing the ending song along with his friends. Given his dark past, Renjun was someone who could light up the world with his being. Yuta hugged his kid tightly and they were crying so hard, they may sound really bad. “I am so proud of you usagi.” Yuta said and kissed his kid then hugged him tightly. “I love you Touchan. Thank you for having me.” Renjun said and it made Yuta;s heart ache, his precious boy has grown so much but still has a heart of gold. Renjun is his light that can’t be dimmed and if it came down to choosing if he’ll have Renjun or his own kid, he’ll choose Renjun without a second thought. The boy is the epitome of what he wanted in a son, a kid with a good heart and a talented skill set. “I love you Usagi, and thank you for sticking with me.” He said and he received kisses from the kid.

 

 

Donghyuck shyly approached his father and hesistantly handed the rose. Donghyuck looked at his father and bit his lip, not sure if his father’s lack of reaction was good or bad. But Donghyuck gasped as he felt warm lips on his forehead and tears on his cheeks; Doyoung was crying. “I am so proud of you Donghyuck.” Doyoung said and the boy wrapped his arms around Doyoung’s neck and sobbed. He maybe called dramatic and people may see them as an arging duo but at the end of the day, it was just them two; they were the ones who had to struggle work load with parenting, for Doyoung to pursue a flexible work to care for Donghyuck, who would cuddle on the bed when the younger would get scared, or it was Donghyuck who would see his father cry out in random when Doyoung felt lonely. What they mean to each other, no words could actually explain them, it transcends love and happiness, gratefulness and empathy.

 

What a better way to end the school year than with happy tears.

 

 

 

--------  

 

a/n:  the song I used is Thanks to You by Tyler Collins

I cried while writing this because I recalled my father’s proud face during my college graduation and it was just a month before he passed away. It always hit me how we never really thanked our parents that much and that during graduations, we give certain tributes to them and no matter how simple it was, our parents would just love them and even tear up.

 

So this is a chapter dedicated to our parents, and if by any chance that any of my readers have their own children (not likely) I would like to tell you that you are doing a great job at raising your kid, you deserve a thank you.

 

 

Sorry for the random mumbling and completely unrelated rant. I hope you enjoyed the update and look forward to their vacations! With that said, I can see the story closing soon, and at this point in time, I would really like to thank everyone who had supported and continuously supporting the story. This has been a random thought when I started it but it had turned into something unexpected and dear to me.