Out on a Date

Dream Kindergarten

a/n: I am lousy with titles but this will be part 1 of the Saturday mayhem.

 

-----

 

Johnny was surprised when Marco rang the doorbell; they already informed Sicheng that Johnny can drive but the stubborn younger just had to send Marco over. The driver just shrugged his shoulders as Johnny opened the door and just followed the man to the car.

 

Johnny was led by Euinjin towards Chenle’s study where Jisung was rubbing his eyes and yawning while Chenle was sipping his milk quietly. Johnny smiled at the sight and greeted them lightheartedly. The kids looked up and bowed to their teacher.

 

“I hope you don’t mind Jisung tagging along.” Taeil said behind him and Johnny shook his head.

 

‘It’s fine, I guess it’s better for kids to have some sort of study mate, it makes it less boring.” Johnny explained. “You’re not starting yet?” Johnny asked and Taeil sighed.

 

“Sicheng’s taking a little longer to prepare.” Taeil answered.

 

“Oh, is it because you have a date later?” Johnny asked and Tail sighed.

 

“Yeah, I am a bit pressured though.” Taeil confessed.

 

“I get it, we are both dating someone from tier above us.” Johnny remarked and Taeil nodded.

 

“True, but your’s is not a CEO. I do feel people will doubt my intentions.” Taeil expressed his worry and Johnny patted his back.

 

“We can’t convince everyone. Just enjoy this day okay, let us handle the kids and we’ll see you later for the sleepover.” Johnny said and Taeil nodded with a smile.

 

“Oh Johnny hyung!” Sicheng chirped as he walked towards them and Johnny eyed how Sicheng really did his best to look good, casual but still evidently good.

 

‘Hi Sicheng.” Johnny greeted him. “Well, let me teach the kids and I’ll leave you two.” Johnny waved and entered the room only to close the doors at their faces before they could greet their kids.

 

 

“You look really nice Sicheng.” Taeil greeted and Sicheng blushed at him.

 

‘Thanks” Sicheng replied and they walked to Sicheng’s office to begin their session.

 

Johnny eyed the kids who relocated themselves on the foot of the desk. Daewon had informed him that Sicheng bought the higher desks to be considerate of Johnny’s height and damn he was thankful because he is not sure how his knees would fair if he sat on those too low chairs. He helped each kid sit on their designated seats before he sat across them and handed them their work sheets. He asked them to read the alphabet to guage their learnings and was pleasantly surprised that they got a few of them down.

 

“Teacher Jungwoo taught us last week.” Chenle beamed proudly and Johnny cooed at the cuteness.

 

“He’s teaching you well.” Johnny remarked and moved on with their lesson.

 

---

 

Sicheng was distracting; Taeil can’t concentrate when Sicheng is this fluffy and cute.

 

“Am I doing this right?” SIcheng asked with dusted cheeks and Taeil blindly nodded. “Stop staring!” Sicheng whined and Taeil snapped out of his trance and looked at the worksheets. He took a deep breath and gathered his thoughts before resuming their session.

 

“You shouldn’t be this beautiful Sicheng, you are really a distraction.” Taeil said and Sicheng blushed and gently slapped Taeil who was laughed at how they are acting; oh the feeling of young love.

 

“Let’s finish this.” Sicheng pouted and Taeil just had to kiss that pout away.

 

“Let’s continue.” Taeil coughed and they tried to finish their session without flirting with each other, they tried, at least they did.

 

They finished before lunch and they looked at the kids where Daewon was helping Johnny gear the kids up with their backpacks. The kids immediately ran to their parents and gave them each a hug.

 

“You’re done?” Sicheng asked and Johnny nodded.

 

“I’ll be taking them back to Ten’s house for lunch.” Johnny said. “You enjoy your date okay?” Johnny said and called the kids who grabbed Johnny’s hand.

 

“Enjoy your date appa Tae and papa Cheng!” Both Jisung and Chenle said at the same time making Johnny laugh as he watched the two blush like teenage girls.

 

“See you.” Johnny said and led the kids towards the car where Marco was already waiting.

 

Marco drove the kids and Johnny back to Ten’s house and wished them a good day. The kids waved at him enthusiastically before entering the house. They smelled curry as they entered the house and both kids ran towards Mark and Lucas who were sprawled in the living room watching some cartoons. It was instantly loud but ohnny didn’t mind as he walked towards the kitchen and watched Ten finish up lunch looking cute in his pink apron.

 

 

“Oh you’re done?” Ten asked and Johnny nodded then kissed Ten.

 

“Chenle and Jisung are here.” Johnny said and Ten nodded, grabbing extra plates for the two.

 

“How was it?” Ten asked and Johnny smiled.

 

“They are good kids, easy to teach.” Johnny remarked.

 

“And the two large kids?” Ten asked.

 

“Blushing mess.” Johnny reported making Ten laugh.

 

“Goodness, Sicheng’s whipped.” Ten laughed even more.

 

“At least they are whipped for each other.” Johnny remarked then left the kitchen to get the kids.

 

They ate at the huge eat-in island and having four toddlers sure is loud; If lucas was already loud enough to begin with, having Chenle proved it could get louder.

 

“Can you handle them when I’m gone?” Johnny asked and Ten nodded.

 

“Where are you going Dad?” Markasked and the older looked at his son.

 

“It’s our saturdate Mark.” Johnny reminded his kid.

 

“Oh, yeah, but can Papa and everyone do something together instead?” Mark asked and Johnny raised a brow.

 

“I need help with the groceries, who wants to join me?” Ten suddenlt asked and all four kids raised their hands making Ten grin as he winked at Johnny.

 

“ah, well we are going shopping then.” Johnny laughed as the children cheered loudly.

 

 

----

It was awkward when they had their lunch in a local diner. They were acting like teens out on their first date which was endearing but they got to have a bit of progress. To be fair, they never really dated after a few mishaps in the past so they never really got to have much experience in the dating department.

 

“We need to get this together.” Taeil sighed and Sicheng coughed as he drank his water.

 

“Yeah, this is not what I imagined our first date.” Sicheng confessed making Taeil sigh a bit more.

 

“Okay so we just gotta go through this lunch and it will get better.” Taeil said with a nod making Sicheng laugh.

 

“We are trying so hard. Let’s just enjoy this.” Sicheng said and Taeil smiled at that.

 

“I liked the sound of that.” Taeil said and they finished lunch while talking about themselves, getting to know each other like a real first date.

 

Sicheng drove to an amusement park after because he wanted to and Taeil just allowed him to, nothing worth fighting over with, at least he did not ask Marco to drive them or else the driver would just be laughing at them for being awkward teens.

 

Once inside the amusement park, Sicheng’s eyes lit up and pulled Taeil in whatever sights that caught his eyes.

 

“I’ve never been in an amusement park as a date.” Sicheng confessed, looking at the games lined up in a corner.

 

“Seriously?” Taeil asked and Sicheng nodded.

 

“Jun-ge and I would come and try rides but we were always with out nannies.” Sicheng said and pointed at the shooting game. “Let’s try that.” Sicheng was delighted and Taeil nodded and they paid for the game. They obviously at it but they ended up laughing as they receive a keychain as a consolation prize.

 

They lined up for rides like the roller coaster and the tower drop as well as the cheesy carousel and bump cars. Taeil smiled as he watched Sicheng enjoy himself in the rides and just be carefree, not the CEO that he should be.

 

When they entered a haunted house though, Sicheng became clingy and Taeil was not sure if he liked it or not.

 

“I will protect you.” Taeil assured the Chinese and Sicheng grabbed Taeil’s arm tightly and rested his head on Taeil’s shoulder as they walked further inside the attraction.

 

At one point, Sicheng was startled and he ran away leaving Taeil frozen on his spot. “You’re just gonna stand there?” The ghoast asked and Taeil furrowed his brow. “You said you will protect him.” The ghost added and Taeil laughed.

 

‘Are you shipping us?” Taeil asked and the ghost nodded.

 

‘Yeah, I see love when it enters and believe me I’ve been doing this for wuite a long time to know if pure love exists.” The ghost shrugged and cheered for Taeil.

 

“Thanks!” Taeil said and then ran after Sicheng.

 

It was fun and Taeil felt that it was really nice to spend time with Sicheng like this, like they were in college and did not have kids to take care of. It’s been a while since Taeil felt so free after his marriage. And although he did not regret having Jisung, he did not have time for himself like this and he was thankful to have spent this moment with Sicheng.

 

“Are you enjoying yourself Sicheng?” Taeil asked as they walked hand in hand, iced coffee on the other hand.

 

“Of course, I hadn’t had fun in a while and I am glad that you spent this day with me.” Sicheng replied with a wide smile. “Thank you.” Sicheng said and kissed Taeil’s cheek making the older smile wide.

 

“Taeil?” They heard a voice and when they turned, Taeil saw his ex-wife carrying a child.

 

“Mina.” Taeil greeted and tightened his hand on Sicheng who eyed him and the girl.

 

“It’s been a while.” Mina greeted him.

 

“Yes it is. This is Sicheng, my boyfriend.” Taeil introduced Sicheng and he waved at Mina.

 

“I didn’t know you swing that way but he is really cute.” Mina chuckled. “This is Nayeon.” She introduced the child she was holding and the kid smiled at them.

 

“She is really cute, she looks a little bit like Jisung.” Sicheng cooed and both adults looked at him. “Did I say something wrong?” Sicheng asked looking confused at the two.

 

“You know about Jisung?” Mina asked.

 

“Yeah, so I am assuming you are Taeil hyung’s ex-wife.” Sicheng said in a careful tone, choosing his words to not offend anyone. “I also have a kid of my own, out of surrogacy.” Sicheng shrugged his shoulders.

 

“That’s nice to hear. Can I talk to Taeil for a while?” Mina asked as she bit her lip.

 

‘Sure, do you need me to hold Nayeon?” Sicheng offered and Mina looked at Taeil who nodded, Mina handed the kid to him and they walked a few feet away.

 

Sicheng cooed at the child, made faces to entertain her and hummed a bit to make her smile.

 

“You found a man for yourself.” Mina said and Taeil nodded.

 

“Yeah I did, we are just starting though.” Taeil replied. “I see that you got a kid, you re-married?” Taeil asked and Mina shook her head.

 

“Not yet, we were saving up for the wedding when I got pregnant.” Mina confessed. “But it’s all good, she’s been a lovely child.” Mina sighed then looked at Taeil. “I’m sorry if I’m not there for Jisung.” Mina apologized but Taeil shook his head.

 

“I am sure you love Jisung but you’ve got your priorities, Nayeon needs you.” Taeil said and comforted Mina. “Is he treating you right?” Taeil asked and Mina nodded.

 

“I know we didn’t have that kind of loving relationship but I respected you for trying so hard to have one for Jisung. Wonpil and I are in love and I was afraid to meet you and show this because I don’t want you to feel bad, but seeing you know smiling as you hold Sicheng’s hand, I guess I am happy that someone is making you happy.” Mina said and Taeil smiled.

 

“I am happy too, that he is making me happy.” Taeil remarked and Mina slapped him lightly. “And I am happy you found someone you can reciprocate.” Taeil added and Mina smiled.

 

“I’ll invite you the wedding, bring Jisung and Sicheng along okay?” Mina asked and Taeil nodded.

 

“You gotta meet Sicheng’s son, he’s a dolphin.” Taeil remarked and Mina laughed.

 

“Looking forward to it.” Mina said and Taeil embraced his ex-wife before they returned to Sicheng who was cradling a sleeping Nayeon.

 

“She fell asleep.” Sicheng said nervously and Mina thanked him.

 

“It’s been a long day, she must really be tired.” Mina remarked. “It’s nice meeting you Sicheng, please take care of Taeil and Jisung which I failed to do.” Mina said and Sicheng smiled at him.

 

“You can count on me Mina-ssi.” Sicheng waved and Mina left them. “How’s the talk?” Sicheng asked and Taeil wrapped his arms around Sicheng’s wast as he back hugged the taller male.

 

“Good, I guess we both fond our closure.” Taeil murmured and Sicheng smiled.

 

“Come on, there is one more ride I wanted to try before we go back to Ten’s.” Sicheng said and dragged Taeil towards the Ferris wheel.

 

----

 

Fitting four toddlers in Ten’s car was not a problem, keeping four toddlers quiet while they do grocery shopping was the problem. The kids wanted a lot of things which Ten and Johnny did not approve of like chocolates and candies, but wrangling those kids were a real chore. Ten just laughed at Johnny’s misery but he did kiss Johnny’s cheek to compensate.

 

“Are you sure you want to be Lucas’ dad? Sicheng and I are pretty sure we are marrying Lucas with Chenle.” Ten teased and Johnny rubbed his temple.

 

“Is this a test?” Johnny asked making Ten laugh.

 

“Maybe?” Ten replied as he pulled Johnny towards the vegetables section.

 

“Dad Bananas!” Mark pointed to the fruits section and Johnny immediately picked a ripe bunch.

 

“You like one Ten?” Johnny asked and Ten immediately crossed his arms.

 

“No.. I don’t like fruits!” Ten shook his head.

 

‘But they are good for you!” Johnny remarked.

 

“No.. they are scary!” Ten whined like a baby.

 

“How can fruits be scary?” Johnny asked.

 

“They are just look at it!!!” Ten gestured to the fruit stand where bright colored fruits were on display.

 

“Give them a try.” Johnny suggested.

 

“I will try your bananas.” Ten said smugly and Johnny gasped at the innuendo.

 

“Oh you should all try dad’s bananas. He puts ice cream and whipped cream and chocolate and sprinkles!!!” Mark excitedly told the other toddlers but Johnny was blushing while Ten was grinning.

 

“With whipped cream and chocolate?” Ten asked and Johnny choked on his spit.

 

“You nasty creature.” Johnny remarked, placing the bananas in the cart.

 

“Dad Watermelon!” Mark excitedly pointed to the fruit and this time, Chenle and Jisung cheered with Mark.

 

“You like watermelons?” Lucas asked and Mark nodded. “Cool!” Lucas remarked.

 

“Okay, let’s get a big one.” Johnny told the kids.

 

“So you like big melons huh? To bad I don’t have them.” Ten remarked and Johnny almost drpped the watermelon that he was holding. He then glared at Ten who was laughing at him, he was enjoying this too much.
 

“We need pineapples!” Jisung said and everyone looked at him. “Did I say something wrong?” Jisung asked.

 

“No, but you don’t really talk much.” Chenle said then laughed loudly.

 

“Not a single word!” Johnny pointed at Ten who laughed.

 

----

Taeil was surprised when Sicheng chose the ferris wheel but when they boarded it and Sicheng faced him with a smile. He then played a song on his phone and Taeil hummed before joining along with the chorus. Sicheng was mesmerized as Taeil sang with such a lovely voice, smiling like he was in a trance. When Taeil finished, they were both breathless and it was all cliched romantic.

 

“You sound so good Taeil hyung.” Sicheng was all bright smiles.

 

“I’m glad that you liked it.” Taeil smiled back. “Did you enjoy yourself today?” Taeil asked and Sicheng nodded.

 

“It was wonderful. Thank you.” Sicheng said.

 

“Next time, let’s bring the kids along.” Taeil suggested and Sicheng nodded.

 

“That would be wonderful.” Sicheng said and then turned his gaze into the sky where the Moon was barely visible in the orange painted sky. “Let’s take a picture.” Sicheng suggested and they moved to get a reminder of their day, all smiles and happiness.

 

 

 

---

 

A/n: Happy birthday Taeil (or belated hahha) so yeah, I promised my sis that I’ll incorporate WinIl’s ferris wheel date in Osaka so here you go..

 

And I apologize if I added a semi rated scene cause of John’s bananas cause Ten started it hahahah

 

I hope everyone is enjoying their day so far and to our Muslim friends, I greet you tidings on the End of Ramadan ^^