Making Moves

Dream Kindergarten

a/n:  I really am happy that you guys are liking the concept of this story. I just feel like some stories just follow a standard plot and this is one of them but to some of you, it is quite new. I really appreciate how you guys still stick with the story even if it’s not your favorite pair.

 

----

 

Taeil looked at Sicheng with question marks floating above his head, why the sudden proposal?

 

“I need someone I can trust with my affairs and can understand me.” Sicheng started explaining. “You seem like a good person and Chenle trusts you. I see how you take your work seriously and am impressed with how you organize yourself.” Sicheng said and Taeil sighed.

 

‘It’s out of my league though.” Taeil replied. “I am not a business major.” Taeil shrugged.

 

“We can always teach you.” Sicheng said and turned to Euijin. “He’s not even a hospitality major but he’s been a good butler and he manages our books better than an accountant.” Sicheng said and Euijin thanked his boss.

 

“This is all too sudden, I have a job.” Taeil responded.

 

‘I know.” Sicheng replied sternly. “I am offering to triple your basic salary plus incentives. I will also provide Scholarship for Jisung as long as you work for me as well as food and lodging.” Sicheng was persistent and Taeil’s eyes were wide.

 

“We can sleep here?” jisung asked and Sicheng noded.

 

“Yes, you can if your appa agrees.” Sicheng smiled at the kid.

 

“What about our house?” Taeil mused.

 

“The apartment that you are currently residing have been recently acquired by the Dong Company Ltd, Sicheng is now your land lord.” Euijin informed him and Taeil’s mouth gaped.

 

“Oh my god!” Taeil gasped.

 

“We can keep your house if you want to go back on weekends.” Sicheng informed him.

 

“This is just a bit too sudden for me, can I think about it?” Taeil asked and Sicheng nodded.

 

“Will you inform me on Friday?” Sicheng asked. “If yes, just bring over your things we’ll prepare the guest rooms to accommodate you both.” Sicheng said and Taeil nodded.

 

“I’ll inform you on Friday.” Taeil smiled and soon Chenle was on his lap and hugging him.

 

“I’ll be a good boy so please stay here.” Chenle said and Taeil smiled at him.

 

“I’ll think about it sweetheart.” He replied and Chenle smiled then nudged Jisung to move a bit so he could sit.

 

Jisung shook his head and glared at Chenle and the two had a staring battle. Taeil sighed at his son but he moved a bit, nw he is mere centimeters away from Sicheng as Chenle settled next to him. Chenle smiled at Taeil and whispered something to Jisung prompting the younger to share his chicken leg.

 

“Kids are weird.” Sicheng remarked and Taeil laughed at him. “Don’t laugh at me!” Sicheng whined making Taeil laugh even more.

 

“You are acting like a kid yourself.” Taeil remarked.

 

“Then will you take care of me?” Sicheng asked and Taeil gaped at him, did Sicheng just flirted with him?

 

Taeil’s heart was beating fast and his cheeks were heating up, this was not a good sign but he can’t look away from Sicheng who was pouting cutely.

 

“Master Sicheng, your ride is here.” Euijin informed them and Sicheng smiled at his butler.

 

“Thanks Euijin hyung!” Sicheng chirped and then turned to a blushing Taeil. “We’re done with the lessons right?” Sicheng asked and Taeil nodded.

 

“We can leave now.” Taeil announced but Sicheng shook his head.

 

“I said lessons are over, not the day.” Sicheng said and instructed Euijin to prepare his wallet and phone as well as his car keys. “Are we all done?” Sicheng asked and Jisung shook his head as he finished one more chicken leg then raised his thumbs up. Sicheng chuckled and then asked Daewon to clean up the kids as he led Taeil back towards the office to clean up the worksheets.

 

“What is happening?” Taeil dared to ask.

 

“Where going to the mall.” Sicheng beamed and Taeil raised a brow.

 

“Please don’t tell me you own that mall.” Taeil was half praying.

 

“No, it’s not ours.” Sicheng said and Taeil exhaled loudly. “At least not yet.” Sicheng smiled and Taeil almost had a heart attack.

 

“Just how rich are you?” Taeil asked and Sicheng laughed at him.

 

“be my assistant and you’ll find out.” Sicheng winked at him and that was it, Taeil could faint right now.

 

They then exit the office to meet Chenle and Jisung being guided by Daewon towards the front door. Euijin handed him his wallet, phone and car keys then opened the door for him. Three cars were parked in front of the house and Euijin opened the middle one to allow Sicheng to board the driver’s seat while Daewon strapped the kids at the back seat. Taeil sat shotgun and watched Daewon board the car behind them while Euijin boarded the front one.

 

“What is this exactly?” Taeil asked as he fastened his seatbelt.

 

“Standard protocol. You don’t expect a son of a conglomerate to go out without their bodyguards, do you?” Sicheng asked and Taeil shook his head. “They were with me yesterday if you’re wondering, they were just good at hiding.” Sicheng winked at him and Taeil was sure this was not part of what he signed up for.

 

---

Johnny offered to drive because knowing about Ten’s knee injury and the Saturday lunch rush was not settling on him. Johnny did have a driver’s license and is already saving up for a car but it was more of a luxury because Mark’s college fund was his priority. It felt odly domestic inside the car after the kids were securely strapped down at the back seat, their overnight bags in the back and Ten seating shutgon next to Johnny. Ten gave the go signal after he had fastened his seatbelt and Johnny drove carefully after Ten’s directions.

 

The drive was uneventful aside from the two boys listing off foods they wanted to eat, which was a plethora of odd, ill-fitting food that kids enjoy like cotton candy and gummy worms on ice cream sundae. They arrived at the mall in no time and the kids latched on to their parents and pulled them towards a fast food chain to order unhealthy food which Ten would really want to avoid but couldn’t because the boys pulled kicked puppy faces at him.

 

While waiting for their orders, Mark asked Johnny for a picture and true enough, Johnny got his phone out and with his long limbs, had taken a picture of their group. Johnny then asked for Ten’s phone and took a photo for souvenir which delighted Lucas. After they ate and rested, they went towards the ice rink and rented their skates. The rink had less people now so they had a larger room to skate. Ten was wobbly at first and it was Mark who held his hand as his other hand gripped the railing. To be fair though, it never snowed in Thailand and all he could do was go to the beach and swim, he could outswim anyone if you ask him. Mark was patient with him and Ten was grateful for that, Johnny had raised this kid well. Ten then glanced at the screaming Lucas as Johnny guided him towards the center and it made Mark laugh loudly as well.

 

“I was just like that when I first tried skating.” Mark said and Ten eyed the boy. “Dad just had to pull me so far from the rails and I could fall.” Mark said and Ten nodded, no one wants to fall, it’s both physically painful and humiliating.

 

Lucas continued to scream like he was being murdered as Johnny laughed and let go of one of his hand. The kid screamed and wailed but Johnny assured him that he was doing fine. Lucas looked at the adult and tried to trust him until he fell on his and he cried. Johnny instantly picked him up and led him back towards the side to meet Ten and Mark. Ten checked his son and kissed his cheeks after wiping his tears.

 

‘’Are you okay baby?” Ten asked and Lucas nodded.

 

“Just got scared.” Lucas admitted and Mark tackled him to the ground.

 

“come on, I’m a better teacher.” Mark said and the two held hands and slowly skated at the sides leaving their parents to fend on their own.

 

“I guess I got kicked off of teaching duties.” Johnny joked but Ten slapped him on the arm.

 

“You scared my baby.” Ten remarked.

 

“Sorry.” Johnny apologized and they both heard Mark and Lucas shout ‘kiss’ making Johnny sigh but took Ten’s hand and kissed it. Johnny then gently pulled Ten towards him and they gently skated towards the center.

 

Ten has balance, he is a dancer for Christ’s sake, but skating wasn’t much of his forte but he could definitely learn. Johnny was gentle and patient with him, holding him steady as they skated around, taking their time like it belonged to only the two of them in a cheesy romantic film that could probably rival a Disney movie. The trance broke though as they heard a delighted squeal from Lucas as he skated next to Mark, holding each others’ hands like a life line.

 

Johnny smirked and winked at Mark who nodded and soon Johnny grabbed Ten’s hand and guided him to skate next to him. He then gathered speed and Ten clutched Johnny’s hand tightly as he screamed bloody hell.

 

“Johnny!!!!!” Ten sqealed as Johnny gained speed, then turned making Ten feel the rush of air past him. “Johnny!!!” Ten continued to squeal until Johnny slowed down and halted, grabbing Ten’s waist and pulling him close to him.

 

“That wasn’t so bad!” Johnny remarked but Ten slapped his arm harshly.

 

‘I could have broken my bones!” Ten pouted but Johnny just laughed at how cute Ten was. But if he was being honest, it took a lot of self restraint from him to not kiss the pout off of Ten’s lips.

 

“Lucas ge!!” They heard a piercing cry and the tall kid searched for the voice and smiled wide as he watched Chenle waved at him while being carried by someone Lucas knew was familiar but forgot a name to a face. Lucas waved back and Mark helped him skate towards the loud kid.

 

“Chenle!!!” Lucas squealed and Chenle immediately asked his father if they could skate. Sicheng of course nodded and led Jisung, who he was holding since Chenle insisted to be carried by Taeil, towards the entrance to lend some skates.

 

They were geared up in no time but Sicheng raised a brow at a wobbly Taeil. “Don’t you dare laugh, I am not really a guy with balance.” Taeil said and Sicheng smiled wide and held his hand.

 

“Let me help you then.” Sicheng said and pulled the older towars the ice where Chenle confidently skated while jisung gripped Mark’s offered hand.

 

“Hi Ten hyung!” Sicheng waved as Ten and Johnny skated towards them.

 

“What brought you here?” Ten asked and Sicheng grinned at him. “Please don’t tell me you’re acquiring this mall!” Ten gasped and Sincheng’s smile grew wider. “What the efffffff.” Ten tried to curse but Johnny covered his mouth, they can’t set an example on innocent kids playing.

 

“Language Ten.” Johnny reprimanded. “I’m Johnny.” Johnny introduced himself and Sicheng shook his hands.

 

“Foreigner?” Sicheng asked and Johnny caught the thick accent and the slight character mispronunciation.

 

“He’s adjusting. I’m Taeil and I’m helping him with his speech.” Taeil introduced himself.

 

‘Ah, yes, I remember you from yesterday.” Johnny remarked. “I was born in Chicago but I am pure Korean.” Johnny explained.

 

“Do you know English?” Sicheng asked and Johnny nodded.

 

“I’m teaching English in Highschool.” Johnny answered.

 

“Great, do you have free time because I want Chenle to start early with his English lessons.” Sicheng beamed and Ten glared at him.

 

“I know English too why not ask me?” Ten was offended.

 

“You teach on most Saturdays and I could only spare Saturdays because Taeil-ssi is teaching me on those days.” Sicheng explained.

 

“oh, Saturdays are for my son.” Johnny pointed to Mark who was helping Jisung along while Lucas was on his again making Chenle laugh like a dolphin. “Mark!” Johnny called out and the kid looked at him.

 

“You know what, let’s talk about this later.” Ten huffed and pulled Johnny and skated away from Sicheng and Taeil.

 

“You can skate????” Johnny asked and Ten smirked. “You totally faked it earlier!” Johnny was amused.

 

“I’m a dancer, I have smooth moves.” Ten replied and they ended up laughing while Sicheng helped Taeil skate who, by all means, didn’t really know how to skate.

 

So maybe Ten cheated of a little, he’s come to like ice skating when he arrived in Seoul and though Thailand had no winter, they still have some roller blades that are similar to ice skates; and Ten did have balance.

 

Ten did a few spins and Johnny was impressed. But Sicheng glared at Ten and he too did a few jumps and spins which earned applauses from those watching.

 

“Bring it.” The two shouted and the two skated and did tricks, wow they were not expecting this show off.

 

“aren’t they a bit serious with this?” Taeil asked Johnny who nodded next to him.

 

“Should we stop them?” Johnny asked but it was Jisung who made them stop.

 

The youngest sneezed loudly and Sicheng immediately skated towards the boy to ensure that he was okay. Jisung was already cold so he whisked the kid off of the ice and made him wear his fluffy scarf. Taeil soon followed after with the help of Johnny while Chenle held his free hand while Ten led the older kids off the ice. They then settled for cups of hot cocoa before parting ways.

 

---

Ten had drove them back to Johnny’s apartment and they hauled their bags of clothes and groceries up to the flat. Johnny welcomed them to his 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment and Ten noted the sleek modern design of the space. It was minimalistic as well but it felt warm and homey.

 

“I like your space.” Ten remarked and Johnny smiled at him.

 

“Thanks.” Johnny replied and led them to Mark’s bedroom to leave their things.

 

The kid has a single bed but it can fit Ten and Lucas just fine. Mark had pulled Lucas towards his toy shelf and took out some toys for them to share while Johnny walked towards the kitchen and wore his black apron to prepare their dinner. Ten asked if he could help and together they prepared spaghetti and meat balls with sides of fries and some salad for Ten who needs to be on a diet for some reason Johnny will never understand.

 

“Dad, are you going to teach Chenle English?” Mark asked after swallowing a mouthfulof spaghetti.

 

“It will be on Saturdays and I know Saturdays are our bonding time.  And how can I leave you here alone?” Johnny replied, wiping his son’s mouth with a napkin.

 

“You could just stay overnight at our house on Fridays it’s nearer Sicheng’s house.” Ten offered and Johnny raised a brow. “I can look over them or bring them to the studio.” Ten shrugged as he assisted Lucas with his spaghetti.

 

“Oh right, you don’t have a class to teach today?” Johnny asked and Ten shook his head.

 

“My brother -in-law is taking over some of my classes as payment for his extended absence due to their trip to Thailand.” Ten shrugged, biting a piece of meatball.

 

“Oh, well is it okay that you are offering this much? Won’t it be a bother?” Johnny asked with concern, twirling his fork to get the pasta.

 

“Not really, Mark’s a great kid.” Ten shrugged.

 

“And I am not? Papa you hurt me!” Lucas remarked making Johnny laugh.

 

“Of course you are.” Ten pacified his son.

 

“Will it be okay with you Mark?” Johnny asked and he nodded.

 

“I can play with Uncle Ten and Lucas.” Mark shrugged. “Then we can go after you’re done.” Mark summarized and Johnny smiled at how understanding his son is.

 

“You’re the best kiddo.” Johnny said and kissed his son’s temple making Mark smile back at his father.

 

“I want kisses too!” Lucas whined and Johnny opened his arms for Lucas. The kid went down his chair and run towards Johnny and the adult kissed his temple as well making Lucas happy and content.

 

They had tucked the kids who demanded they share a bed leaving Johnny and Ten to figure out how they are going to sleep with 1 bedroom to share.

 

“I’ll take the couch.” Johnny said and Ten refused.

 

“You’re too tall for the couch!” Ten shrieked.

 

“But you’re my guest.” Johnny said but Ten insisted that he take the couch. “I know this sounds a bit creepy, but I own a king bed, we could share?” Johnny hesitantly asked and Ten blushed, sharing a bed with Johnny had his heart pounding crazy.

 

“If you don’t mind.” Ten replied shyly and Johnny has to cough to keep his excitement down.

 

Once they changed into their pajamas, Johnny took the left side while Ten sat on the right side and fluffed his pillows. Johnny wanted to place a pillow between them but Ten glared at him.

 

“I’m gay okay but I’m not gonna jump on you.” Ten deadpanned making Johnny laugh nervously.

 

“Sorry to offend you.” Johnny apologized as he dived in to the covers and pulled the duvet to cover himself. “Come on, I’m not gonna jump on you.” Johnny patted the right side and Ten sighed and slipped under the covers only to look at Johnny in the eyes.

 

“Can I, please don’t be creeped out, but can I snuggle next to you?” Ten asked and Johnny laughed as he opened his arms for Ten to move closer and rest his head on the taller’s chest.

 

“I told you I’m flexible.” Johnny reminded him and Ten smiled but his his face on Johnny’s chest. “Ah, now I know why Mark wanted to cuddle with you.” Johnny remarked and Ten looked at him with curiosity. “You’re soft and warm.” Johnny informed him and Ten blushed.

 

“And you’re strong and warm too!” Ten said and closed his eyes while he enjoyed the warmth.

 

“Hey Ten.” Johnny asked as he yawned. ‘Do you believe in love at first sight?” Johnny asked and Ten tightened his grip on Johnny’s pajamas. “Because I think I do now.” Johnny said and closed his eyes to sleep.

 

“I do too.” Ten murmered and they passed out for the night.

 

---

 

“You snore!” Mark shoved Lucas off of him but the taller kid wrapped his body on Mark.

 

“I like warm hugs!” Lucas pouted.

 

“I am not a teady bear lucas!” Mark whined.

 

‘Fine!” Lucas then turned his back from Mark and sulked but soon smiled as he felt Mark wrap his arms around him and spooning him.

 

“Good night cas!” Mark yawed and Lucas mirrored the yawn as he too wished his hopefully soon to be brother a good night and sweet dreams.

 

 

 

 

 

-----

 a/n: while I was writing this, I had the sudden brilliant idea to have the couples meet on a Saturday cause why not right? So instead of Winil we also get Johnten! Yay!

 

Which also means, Dojae and Yutae will meet.

 

Please do not leave your toddlers unattended during skating. No toddlers were hurt during the writing of this chapter.

 

Oh my goodness, was I shipping johnten too fast for comfort?? Please share your thoughts.

 

And just for future write up, can you help me by suggesting petnames for the dreamies?

Since Renjun is Usagi (rabbit), Jaemin is a puppy (koinu) and Chenle is a dolphin (iruka) what about the other kids?

---- 

Talk to me: 
main twitter account,
NCT spazz account where I update my NCT related FF
Curious cat
Askfm