I said I was

Dream Kindergarten

a/n: Please tell me if I am going overboard with the shipping. Also the results are out and Taeil will be the dominant one in Winil and Kunwoo will happen because majority of you wanted it (at least in twitter)

 

And since I am a multi-stan, I hope you don’t mind me inserting my faves here in there like Ryeowook being Yuta’s neighbor or Bambam being Ten’s brother

 

----

 

Infinity Studios was owned and managed by renowned photographer Kim Myungsoo or known in the industry as L. He started his career as a model but his love for photography developed into a full blast passion and occupation. His studio is managed by his husband and singer Sunggyu who had retired long after their marriage and had their son who took in Sunggyu’s passion for music and went on to pursue a course in music. The couple are in their mid 30’s and are enjoying their business, hiring people with passion and talent for photography full time or part time. Doyoung is one of those full timers along with Minho; although Minho usually part time as a model or actor once in a while. Part timers in the studios includes Minghao and his fiancé Mingyu who were a dancer and chef. Saturdays are usually Doyoung’s day off to spend time with Donghyuck but he was at the studio at 8am with a  yawning Donghyuck at tow surprising both Myungsoo and Minghao who takes the morning shifts with Mingyu.

 

“Hey you’re off today.” Minghao called out.

 

“I just needed to attend to one client.” Doyoung shrugged and Minghao shook his head as he set up the equipment. “Where’s Mingyu?” Doyoung asked as he led Donghyuck to sleep on the couch at the staff lounge and went to prepare coffee.

 

“He got an early call to make breakfast for a friend.” Minghao shrugged. “He’ll be here by around 9:30 in time for opening.” Minghao finished and Doyoung handed him a coffee. “No one is booked for today, who is this client of yours?” Minghao asked as he placed the lights on the set.

 

“He’s appa’s new husband.” Donghyuck replied, rubbing his eyes before hugging Minghao’s long legs.

 

“Hey haechan!”” Minghao greeted the kid with the stupid nickname he came up with because hyuck sounded stinky in Minghao’s ears. “New husband?” Minghao looked surprised as Donghyuck nodded.

 

“Pretend husband.” Doyoung clarified, pulling a chair from somewhere and placing it on the center of the set. “He’s Jeno’s father; Donghyuck’s classmate.” Doyoung explained.

 

“Why pretend?” Minghao asked and Doyoung sighed.

 

“He’s straight.” Doyoung blurted out and Minghao nodded in understanding, might be a delicate topic to discuss.

 

“Good Morning!” The loud voice boomed and Minghao sighed and apologizes to Doyoung before he ran to his fiancé and kissed him.

 

“How was breakfast?” Minghao asked and Mingyu grinned at him.

 

“Great, Chenle has a friend over and the kid could sure eat like an adult.” Mingyu replied.

 

“Chenle?” Donghyuck asked as he went to greet Mingyu.

 

“Hi there Haechan!” Mingyu ruffled the boy’s hair. ‘Yes Chenle you know him?” Mingyu asked and Donghyuck nodded.

 

‘Classmate.” Donghyuck said in reply.

 

“Ah, well yeah he has a friend Jisung over and the kid is cute while eating.” Mingyu laughed.

 

“Jisung?” Doyoung asked and Mingyu nodded. “Did his father introduced himself?” Doyoung asked and Mingyu nodded.

 

“Yeah, Taeil.” Mingyu replied and Doyoung was wide eyed then looked at Donghyuck.

 

“Taeil hyung is making a move already? The world is ending.” Doyoung remarked.

 

“Why?” Minghao asked.

 

“That hyung of mine had a difficult time moving on from his divorce but now he’s making a move after a day? Wow.” Doyoung shook his head.

 

“Well at least it was a good move.” Minghao shrugged.

 

“So what brought you here on your day off Doyoung hyung?” Mingyu asked.

 

“He’s going to take a picture of his new husband!” Donghyuck chirped.

 

“You got married without inviting us?” Mingyu was hurt about this.

 

“Fake husband.” Doyoung corrected but before they could continue with the banter, the bell chimed alerting them of the  presence of a client. Two people walked in and Donghyuck immediately ran to them, the adult lifting Donghyuck with ease and the kid kissed his cheek revealing a dimpled smile. When Donghyuck was placed down, he fist bumped with the kid and they both laughed at their antics.

 

“Hello, I am looking for Doyoung?” The man asked and both Minghao and Mingyu pointed to Doyoung who was gaping at him. Seeing Doyoung, Jaehyun smiled wide turning his eyes into crescents and his dimples showing. Next to him, Jeno did the same wide smile.

 

“Come on, you need styling!” Donghyuck pulled Jeno towards the styling room and Jaehyun was lost, do they need to be styled?

 

“Donghyuck, wait a while, Jaehyun needs to choose a package and settle with the theme.” Doyoung stopped his son and the boy pouted but led Jeno towards the consultation room.

 

“I’m getting nervous, this is a first for me.” Jaehyun laughed nervously as he was led to the consultation room.

 

“With that face are you sure you’re not a model?” Minghao asked and everyone looked at him. ‘What? I am just curious.” Minghao shrugged.

 

“oh, I have my focus on Jeno.” Jaehyun replied.

 

“And he’s straight.” Doyoung added.

 

“I said I was.” Jaehyun said with conviction making Minghao an Mingyu eye him up differently.

 

“This is Mingyu, photographer and stylist and his fiancé Minghao, who does the same” Doyoung introduced his colleagues. “Guys this is Jaehyun.” Jaehyun shook hands with the couple. “So, we do have basic packages and some custom one. What would be the purpose?” Doyoung asked and Jaehyun looked at the portfolio. And hummed.

 

“Doyoung appa what is a package?” Jeno asked walking towards him and asked to be lifted. Doyoung took the kid and placed him on his lap.

 

“It’s a term we use for the group of photo sizes that we print out.” Doyoung explained.  “You want to help your appa choose?” Doyoung asked and Mingyu handed Jeno another portfolio.

 

The boy looked through the portfolio with interest while Donghyuck pulled on Minghao’s sleeves and whispered something in his ears. Minghao nodded and grinned at the kid, giving him a thumbs up. Donghyuck then walked to Jaehyun and tugged on his sleeve. Jaehyun looked at him and carried him to make him sit on his lap.

 

“We have this picture at home. It’s this big!” Donghyuck moved his hands and Jaehyun chuckled.

 

“Really?” Jaehyun asked and Doyoung nodded. “Shall we get this one then Jeno?” Jaehyun asked and Jeno looked at it then nodded, he was liking the idea of the big picture in their living room. “We’ll get this one then.” Jaehyun smiled and Doyoung noted the order and then turned to Jeno.

 

“Do you want any theme?” Doyoung asked.

 

“I like simple.” Jeno shrugged.

 

“Let me handle the styling.” Mingyu stepped in and Jeno looked at the smiling adult then to DOnghyuck who gave him a thumbs up.

 

 

“Okay, make me look cool ajhussi!” Jeno replied and Minghao laughed.

 

“You did not just call me ahjussi!” Mingyu glared at the boy.

 

“Samchon?” Jeno asked and Mingyu smiled showing his fangs.

 

“That’s more like it!” Mingyu extended a hand and Jeno hopped off of Doyoung and held it.

 

“You too appa.” Donghyuck told Jaehyun and the guy nodded and followed after Jeno and Mingyu.

 

Doyoung and Minghao prepared the studio while Donghyuck came followed Mingyu because moving chairs and lights are boring.  It took a little over an hour when Jaehyun and Jeno stepped out of the styling room and into the studio. Doyoung’s eyes were wide at the sight of the father and son, they were handsome in their faces but styled right, they are jaw dropping.

 

“Is it too much?” Jaehyun asked and Minghao chuckled then shook his head.

 

“Are you sure you’re not a model?” Minghao asked trying to relax the two.

 

“Last time I checked I am an accountant, boring I know.” Jaehyun said and laughed along with Minghao.

 

“Okay let’s get you set up.” Doyoung said, holding Jeno’s hand and leading him towards the small chair at the center.

 

Jeno sat there silently and Doyoung asked Jaehyun if he wanted solo pictures of his son. That was great because he would really like to have a memory of his son this good looking. Jaehyun agreed and soon Doyoung was directing the kid to smile and pose like it was a natural thing. Minghao led Jaehyun to sit in front of a monitor to check the pictures being taken and Jaehyun was amazed at how intensive this studio was.

 

Doyoung snapped shots after shots and the pictures were so beautiful Jaehyun was super impressed. Jeno looked at his father and seeing him happy made Jeno smiled wide and Doyoung captured that in time, perfect expression of a kid who just loved his father.

 

“Okay, I think we got it, Jaehyun you can join Jeno now.” Doyoung said and Jeno shook his head.

 

“Solo pictures of appa too!” Jeno said and Donghyuck agreed. Taking Jeno to sit in front of the camera with the help of Mingyu and Minghao.

 

“I don’t know how to do this.” Jaehyun confessed with panicked eyes.

 

Doyoung sighed and asked him to sit on a blue acrylic chair. Jaehyun did, stiffly sitting on the chair like his ID picture would be taken. Doyoung sighed and went up to him and told him to sit comfortably on reverse, his chest flushed on the chair’s back.

 

“just try to relax.” Doyoung smiled at him and Jaehyun pouted, how can he relax when he knows Doyoung’s eyes are on him.

 

Doyoung snapped and looked at the photo and shook his head. “Try to relax Jaehyun.” Doyoung said and Jeno shouted at his father.

 

“Appa you need to look cool! How can you get a husband with that pout?” The adults looked at the kid and Doyoung glared accusingly to Donghyuck who shook his head, clearly surprised at Jeno’s remarks.

 

Jaehyun glared at his son and Doyoung took a picture of it just for fun. Doyoung then looked at Jaehyun and smiled. “Don’t try too hard, just think of things that will make you happy. Think of Jeno, think of puppies if you like them.” Doyoung said and bit his lip, Think of me was on the tip of his tongue.

 

Jaehyun nodded and tried again, thinking of thing that will make him happy. But when he looked at Doyoung setting up the camera, adjusting the focus of the lens, he smiled wide and genuine, he thought of Doyoung looking at him, only him. Doyoung snapped away and he was nodding at how good the expressions were. Jeno and Donghyuck were giving Jaehyun thumbs up and cheering him when Doyoung snapped the last picture.

 

“Okay Jeno Come here!” Doyoung said and Minghao took the chair away and asked Mingyu to help him set up color blocks to form a circle. “Just be playful okay, I want you both smiling and enjoying this experience.” Doyoung instructed and Jeno nodded before running towards his father and hugging him.

 

Doyoung immediately took pictures and Jaehyun wasn’t even aware that it started. Jeno sat and pulled his father down with him and he told his father to smile and Doyoung took it like a pro that he was. It was magnificent, the pictures were turning out wonderful and soon Jaehyun was just comfortable posing and smiling for the camera. Jaehyun was thrilled with the experience and when Doyoung said that he was okay with it, they all applauded.

 

“I want a family picture too!” Donghyuck said and everyone looked at him. “Doyoung appa is your husband, now right?” Donghyuck asked and Minghao stepped into action.

 

“Would it be more convincing if you have a family picture on your wallet? Or your phone background?” Minghao commented and Jaehyun looked at Doyoung who looked back at him.

 

“Yes, we need new pictures to post on our site and we need models!” Myungsoo spoke as he stepped inside his studio with his husband rubbing his temples. Everyone looked at them but the two doesn’t seem to mind as they kept discussing.

 

“Where can we get models in such a short notice?” Sunggyu asked and Myungsoo shook his head.

 

“I want real families not models.” Myungsoo pouted and even at his older age, the photographer is still acting childish.

 

“You’re looking at them hyung.” Mingyu suddenly spoke breaking the thoughts of the owner.

 

“Where?” Myungsoo scanned the room.

 

“Doyoung hyung, Donghyuck and their friends Jaehyun and Jeno.” Minghao said and Doyougn shook his head.

 

“Appa’s pretending to be Jaehyun appa’s husband.” Donghyuck ran to give his uncles a hug. The elder couple chuckled and gave the kid a tight hug.

 

“Oh really. Then what are we waiting for, this is on us.” Myungsoo said and then walked towards Doyoung and Jaehyun to discuss the benefits of agreeing. Jaehyun nodded and looked at Doyoung who sighed and nodded as well. ‘Great. Mingyu, take my boy here and style him good.” Myungsoo pushed Doyoung towards the stylist who grinned and eagerly dragged the older towards the styling room.

 

Myungsoo then took the camera and smiled at Donghyuk who then ran towards the father and son. “Myungsoo samchonoj is an expert.” Donghyuck informed them and soon he was snapping pictures of the trio, directing them to the way he wanted but still making them comfortable and at ease.

 

After a couple of shots, he told Jaehyun to take a rest while he photographed the kids. Donghyuck and Jeno were both excited and Minghao replaced the blocks with some bean bags and fixed their hair. Jeno and Donghyuck sat on the bean bags as Myungsoo told them to act as brothers enjoying their time playing. Both kids nodded and soon they were posing like professionals.

 

“Ah, they could book modeling gigs, if you are interested we know a good one.” Sunggyu offered Jaehyun who thanked him.

 

“I’ll think it over.” Jaehyun replied and Sunggyu nodded at him.

 

Doyoung huffed as he stepped back on the set. Jaehyun’s jaw dropped seeing Doyoung styled and loking like a demigod. Mingyu grinned as Jaehyun admired his work while Minghao kissed his fiance’s cheek for his job well done.

 

“Oh wow Doyoung, you look really good!” Myungsoo remarked and told them to go to the middle.

 

The concept was plain and simple, they would pose a few formal ones, then candid ones. The formal shots made them sit on a love seat with the kids either standing on the side or seated on the front. They were awkward at first but Myungsoo knew how to direct them that they were comfortable with each other soon enough that their smiles were not forced.

 

The candid shots were a lot easier as the kids played around, asking to be lifted on their backs and kissing their father’s cheeks. But what made Myungsoo satisfied with their shot was when Doyoung and Jaehyun sat on the floor with Jeno and Donghyuck sitting in front of their father’s open legs. They were laughing as they played around and that was true emotions that Myungsoo aimed to capture.

 

“I think I got what I wanted.” Myungsoo announced and soon thee kids ran towards Mingyu and Minghao and left the two adults in an awkward state. “Perfect. Boyfriend concept.’ Myungsoo said and Doyoung tried to stop the boss but then Jaehyun held his wrist and pulled him towards himself. It was like a scene out of a drama and Myungsoo definitely took a snapshot of it.

 

“Act cute.” Myungsoo said and Jaehyun wrapped his arms around Doyoung and stood on his tip toes and back hugged Doyoung and rested his head on his shoulder. Jaehyun grinned and Doyoung took a deep breath and smiled, leaning his head more on Jaehyun that it looked so intimate. Myungsoo nodded and snapped away. Myungsoo told them to move a bit and soon the two were posing like they were pros.

 

“They look married.” Sunggyu commented and both Jeno and DOnghyuck beamed a smile.

 

“They’re perfect right samchon?” Donghyuck asked and Sunggyu agreed.

 

“Okay perfect.” Myungsoo said and they all applauded. “Grab a lunch you guys must be starving.”  Myungsoo said and looked at Sunggyu who took out his card.

 

“It’s on us for agreeing to model for us. Take the kids to eat something nutritious okay?” Sunggyu said, handing the card to Doyoung then grabbed his husband’s hand.

 

“Bye samchon. Thank you for the treat!” Jeno and Donghyuck said at the same time and the couple chuckled and tousled their hairs a bit.

 

“We’ll take care of editing and picture selection. Come back in the afternoon to check it out before printing.” Minghao informed him and shoved him out of the door just as Minho came to relieve Mingyu since the younger has a duty at the restaurant.

 

Doyoung quickly introduced Jaehyun and Jeno to minho and his husband Taemin before leaving for a quick lunch. “We’re taking my car.” Doyoung said and Jaehyun just nodded, taking Doyoung’s hand and lacing their fingers together.

 

Doyoung looked at the interlaced hands and just smiled, this is something new but definitely welcomed.

 

 

 

 

-------

a/n: I hope that was not an awkward chapter. I tried to give DoJae a bit more interaction.

 

I’m sorry for a lot of added characters in here but I hope you like Doyoung’s work mates.

 

 

 

Talk to me:

main twitter account , NCT spazz account where I update my NCT related FF
Curious cat 
Askfm