Chapter 2

Even if the days a gloom, flowers still bloom.

 

Jongin was confused as to why a woman, who looked about 7 months pregnant, would run away from home. Was her life really that bad?

“Do you have a safe place to stay? I don’t feel comfortable leaving you here” he reasoned, hoping that she would say yes. Unfortunately, the shake of her head indicated that she had nowhere to go.

With a sigh, Jongin thought of a plan, s would probably kill him but unlike the others, he didn’t have the heart to just leave her here alone.

“Well then its settled, you’re coming home with me” he said suddenly, startling the woman. She could not process why this handsome stranger would even want to take her in. She also didn’t know who this handsome stranger was… what if he was a murderer or a ? Jongin noticed her apprehension and could already decipher what her worries were.

“I’m not going to hurt you” he said but she was not convinced.

“That’s what all bad men say to lure girls in” she replied sceptically. Jongin chuckled at her reply, admiring that she wasn’t all too dense to go along with him so easily.

“Listen, I’m not a bad guy, if you want proof, I can’t give it to you, however I have this” he notions and moves his hand to his waist, making the girl nervous. Nervous she should have been since Jongin pulled out a gun, making her freeze. She really didn’t know how to react. This handsome stranger was carrying around a gun and was now giving it to her.

“Take this” he gestures as he grabs her hand and places the gun within it.

“If I try to do anything to you, shoot me” he says nonchalantly.

“Who are you” she asks, half scared but half intrigued. Jongin gives a cocky grin before he answers.

“The names Kim Jongin, but I go by Kai most of the time, how about you?”

“My names Park Jean” she mutters out.

“Well Jean, I would like to take you home, because seeing you here just doesn’t sit right with me. Also, you have my gun to ensure your safety…so what do you say?” he states, wanting to appeal to her so she would follow him.

“Okay” she replies with a small smile.