Chapter 4

Even if the days a gloom, flowers still bloom.

“Kai, how much longer to we have to walk for? I don’t know if you’ve noticed but my body is carrying another human” Jean inquires in a sarcastic tone. Jongin looked over at her and down to her stomach.

“Oh , I forgot your feet are probably dying right now” he said as he stopped walking, causing Jean to stop as well. He looked around for somewhere she could sit, upon observing he saw a bench a few meters ahead and gestured for her to go sit there.

“You should have told me earlier, how long have you been in pain for?” he nags with a worried expression, Jean sees this and chuckles causing Jongin to raise an eyebrow.

“What are you laughing at?”

“Just you, I never expected that a man who carries a gun around and lurks in the dark back streets of Seoul would ever fret like this over a random pregnant women” she chides.

“Well as I said, I don’t usually do any of this, my members are going to kill me when we get back because this is way out of character for me” he replies, and she gives him a questioning look.

“Members?” she reiterates with a tilt to her head in question. Jongin nods.

“Yeah I live with 8 other members of the organisation I am apart of, I’m probably going to have to come up with a lie to explain why I am bringing you home” he states in a matter of fact tone. Hearing this, Jean felt like she was a burden, it was nice that Jongin would take her in, but to know she would intrude on 8 other people, she didn’t want to be in that situation. With that she stood up abruptly, startling Jongin.

“Thank you for everything but I really don’t want to intrude, you seem to have a full house and I just know me and this baby will be a bother, especially to your other members who probably aren’t as understanding as you are” she says as she hands him back his gun. Jongin was at a loss for words.

“Jean, don’t be like this, you have nowhere else to go, I’m not going to let you wander off, my guilty conscious will eat me alive” Jongin pleaded out, desperate for her to concede.

“I don’t know Kai, I just don’t want that feeling of being unwelcomed”

“Don’t worry about that” he concludes as he takes her hand pulls her ahead with him.

“I have a plan, my members will accept you. Right now, lets just work on getting there, its just a few blocks ahead” he assured her. This left her with no rebuttal. Jongin was so eager to help her, she felt she just had to go along with anything he says at this point since he won’t take no for an answer.

The man knocks on the door to a large mansion like home.

“You live here?” she asked in awe. Jongin nodded, amused at the expression on her face.

“Yes, I have my own living space too, so don’t feel like you will intrude on my members, my living space is mine and mine only and I’m now sharing it with you” he explained. Jean couldn’t help but feel her heart flutter. She knew she shouldn’t be feeling this way since she only met the guy just over an hour ago and had only recently decided to leave her fiancé, but she had no control over it.

The door suddenly opened revealing a shorter man with what seemed to be a shaved head.

“Jongin where the hell have you been? And who the is this?” he asks sternly, eyes widening when he notices the woman.

“Let us in hyung, I need to talk to all of you” Jongin answered with authority. The man nodded and opened the door wider. Jean felt Jongins hand on her back as he guided her in along with him.

The house was amazing, Jean had never seen anything like it before. The luxury these men lived in has to cost at least millions. This made her wonder what exactly Kai did to earn so much money.

She was brought out of her reverie when she entered a room where a group of males stood, they were all incredibly good looking and Jean felt so out of place. She even began to think this was all a dream. That was until Jongin cleared his throat, catching the attention of them all.

“Hyungs” Jongin called out. They all looked her with stern almost angry gazes, she could also see some of their eyes twitching from her face to her stomach.

“Jongin who is this and why have you brought her here, you know the rules” one of them said.

“Junmyeon hyung, I know this might be a bit much but she needs to stay here”

“Why?”

“Because I am the father of the child that is growing within her”