Chapter 10

Even if the days a gloom, flowers still bloom.

He walks through the dark corridor of the underground headquarters, the tapping of his leather shoes to the cold hard concrete is the only sound to resonate throughout the space. He’s angry. Why did she leave? Where is his child? Those thoughts were running through his head, hiking up his blood pressure. He want’s them back, he owns them, they are his.

He stops at a door at the end of the corridor and without knocking, opens it up. The people inside turn to him curiously but all smirk when they see his furrowed eyebrows and dark eyes.

“Ah Taemin, what brings you here?” the man who was sitting on the couch with crossed legs and a glass of whiskey in his hands, asks.

“You know what I’m here for, and you know where I can find it. So tell me. Now” Taemin orders.

“You have no power over me boy, so don’t test your luck” the man answers back with a more authoritative tone.

“Cut the crap, where is she?” Taemin once again replied, not hindered by the man’s words. The man who looks to be in his 50’s, raises his eyebrows, amused by the boys response.

“Well now Taemin, that’s no way to treat your father is it?” he patronizes.

“Yeah well you don’t treat your children like their nothing by leaving them either” Taemin snapped back.

“Oh come on Taemin, you’re what? 25 years old? It’s time to act like a man and not an angsty teenage boy” his father mutters.

“Shut up old man, I’m not here for you, I’m here for her!” he exclaimed, annoyed by the old man’s teasing.

“Her? That nice little girl you got pregnant? Oh, that would make me a grandfather too” he continues.

“I know you have men based all over town, and cameras placed in every dark corner. You know everything about everyone. Now tell me where they are”

“Why would I waste resources by keeping an eye on your problems?”

“As you said, she carries your grandchild and I’m sure you would not let it out of your sight. I know you. No matter how many times you try to claim you don’t care about family” Taemin replies.

“Oh Taemin, its not that I care, but that child could be very valuable to me, I just want to keep an eye on my assets” the man explains after taking a sip from his glass.

“So that confirms it, you know where they are?”

“Yes”

“Then tell me!”

“She’s with your brother” the man deadpans, causing Taemin to look at him in disbelief.

“J-jongin, he’s not dead?” he utteres, completely shocked

“Your brother found her, took her with him to his place” his father continued to explain.

“Jongin is alive” Taemin states, still stuck on the revealed fact.

“Why are you shocked? Thought he would die after you left him? Some older brother you are, leaving your young brother to fend for himself” his father berates.

“Jongin was a pain, I couldn’t look after him. Especially when he refused to join the gang, I just gave up on him”

“Well little Jongin grew up well and joined EXO, he’s now a threat” the man stated before standing up and walking over to Taemin.

“EXO!” Taemin exasperated, scrunching his fists together with fury.

“Who knew that brat would turn into our biggest enemy…he now also has your woman and child” teased the man.

“EXO killed my men, Jongin killed my men and now he has what’s rightfully mine. I never liked sharing my toys with him in the first place” Taemin seethed out making his father chuckle, showing some of his golden teeth.

“Ah my son, are you still caught up in that sibling rivalry? How pitiful of you”

“I’m done with this, tell me the coordinates of their location and I will be on my way” Taemin said in an oddly calm voice. His father nodded and reached into the pocket of his blazer which encased a document. Taemin wasted no time and snatched it off him.

“Nice doing business with you, old man”

Their meeting ended with glares and statements of and anger towards one another.

Jongin walks into the common room where the rest of EXO were hanging out. They all look at him as he appeared to be distressed.

“Oh Jongin, congrats on your son” Jongdae says which triggers an onslaught of congratulatory remarks from s.

“Guys, I need to talk to you, its serious”

“What? You don’t know how to change a diaper?” one of them yells out, causing them all to laugh.

“No it’s…It’s…Kangdae, the baby…he’s not mine” Jongin reveals, leaving s surprised.

“He’s not? So what? That lied to you so she had someone to chain down to her and the kid?” Kyungsoo declared in spite.

“No! nothing like that, the night I brought her home was the night I first met her, she’s an innocent girl. I will explain all that later, but the real concern is the real father of that child, I think I know who he is and its not good”

“Who is it?”

“My brother”