Chapter 7

Even if the days a gloom, flowers still bloom.

Jongin had been copping flack from s whenever they went out on missions together, always teasing him for getting someone knocked up and how he was going to be a ‘daddy’ now. It did not of course distract him from his area of work. On the days he left Jean alone in the house, he had continued to raid various gangs and establishments around town, beating people up, and taking them down.

Currently, he was in the middle of taking down a ion ring, where are group of old and morally ed up men were kidnapping young girls off the street. It had taken the police 2 months to get one clue, whereas EXO was able to gain information and infiltrated the site within 2 hours. They killed almost everyone who was apart of the scheme and left one of the crooks alive and handcuffed to the leg of an immovable desk. EXO always left one person alive for the police, because as the saying goes ‘Dead men tell no tales’, if they killed everyone, there would be no one left for the police to interrogate.

Jongin was covered in blood that night, its an extremely messy job. He was also very tired, so Jean seeing him like this had completely slipped his mind. So he was not prepared for the reaction he was about to receive when he walked in to his place.

“Kai?” Jean called from the living room, she was currently sitting on the couch watching a movie.

“Hey Jean” he said as he walked closer, however as he got closer jeans smile turned into a frown.

“Kai what’s all over you?” she asked concerned. She wanted to say it looked like blood but she didn’t want to seem crazy. Jongin looked down at his body once she said that and well…he panicked, cursing himself for being so careless and idiotic.

“J-Jean this is not what it looks like” he tried to disarm the situation by thinking of an excuse but he was coming up blank. He’s never liked this, he’s used to thinking on his feet but for some reason Jean makes him insecure.

“Then what is it Jongin?” Jean asked more sternly, suspecting the worst because of the way he was acting.

“I…ugh” nothing he was still blank.

“Are you a dangerous man Jongin?” she asks. She’s always had that feeling from him to be very honest. The gun and the abundance of money were hints, now the blood stains made her even more convinced. Jongin was beside himself, he never wanted Jean to find out like this, he wasn’t really sure if he wanted her to find out at all.

“Jean listen, this may be a shock and you’ve probably got a lot of ideas running through you head. But. I’m not a bad guy…most of the time” he reveals.

“Are you a drug dealer?” she inquires

“No”

“Anything to do with the Black market?” she goes on.

“No”

“Then what?”

“EXO we are a Mafia gang, but we’re not bad people. We do break the law but its only for better causes”

“How could a mafia gang possibly be doing things “for better causes?” she asks hysterically.

“Well for example tonight, we busted a ion ring, those girls were kidnapped, they weren’t there by choice. We infiltrated the place and kill the motherers responsible for it” he reveals more graphically than he had originally anticipated.

“How many people have you killed?”

“I don’t know, over time you just lose count” he responds darkly, not proud of what he was.

“ing . I thought if I left him, that life would leave me too. But here I am, affiliated with another gang” she burst out in fury. This is not the life she wanted her child to grow up in. Jongin caught on to what she said however.

“What did you just say?” he exclaims, eager to know more. She looks up at him with tear in her eyes and lets it all out.  

“I left my fiancé not just because he was cheating but because he was part of a gang. His lifestyle would follow him home and put all of us in danger. I hated it, I didn’t want my baby to grow up with a father that was so crooked, in an environment where he could be in danger at any minute of the day. I ran so we could be safe but you, you’re just another one… I can’t be here, I need to leave. You and EXO are no good. I’m sorry” she stands from the couch and rushes to the room to collect her stuff before Jongin could even process what had happened.

She was just about to reach the door but a tight grasp on her hand stopped her.

“You can’t leave” he declared, not happy with her choice.

“Get your hand off me Kai” she warned viciously.

“No! Not until you hear what I have to say” he yells and drags her back away from the door. This gave Jongin the chance to explain all his thoughts until now.

“Yes, I’m in a gang. But you are safe. We are only violent to those who deserve it, we never harm innocent lives. This mansion is a safe haven, nothing dangerous can get in. I don’t know where you lived with your fiancé, but I can assure you this is different. I’m also not your fiancé. But I know I care about more than he did, I know that the gang life is not suited for a you or the child, I am also not heartless enough to treat you like a piece of like he clearly did. If you leave now you risk not having a place to stay, to my knowledge you could go back to that piece of and I would really ing not like that. So, you choose Jean. Are you going to stay here and live a life safe and away from crime or are you going to leave and risk it all?” he gives her an ultimatum.

“I…I…I a-ahhhh!” she couldn’t continue what she wanted to say because a searing pain in her stomach stopped her, making her fall to her knees. Alarmed, Jongin went down to her worried about what was happening.

“Jean! Jean! What’s wrong?” he asks her cradling her in his arms.

“My belly…my baby, Kai help!” she screams while she cries. Wasting no time, he picks her up bridal style and quickly runs through the house to the medical district of the mansion.

“Yixing!” he screams through the home, hoping would hear him. A few seconds later Sehun popped up from behind a wall curious as to what was going on. He was startled though when he saw Jean withering in pain in Jongin’s arms.

“Sehun get Yixing here right ing now” Jongin demands as he quickly goes into one of the stalls and places Jean on the hospital bed. Seconds later Yixing arrives with a few of the other members.

“Yixing I don’t know what’s happening, but make sure neither one of them dies” he distraughtly tells him. Yixing nodded and wasted no time and began his treatment.

Jongin stayed by Jeans side to hold her hand, she looked up at him and his heart may have broken. Her tears weren’t only of pain but of sadness, she was sad for her baby. The look a mother gives when their child is hurt.

“It’s okay Jean, Yixing’s the best doctor in all of Seoul. You and your baby will be fine” he reassures while rubbing soothing circles on her hand with his thumb.

“The baby is distressed and wants to come out, she’s going to need to give birth right now”