Chapter 3

Even if the days a gloom, flowers still bloom.

Jean didn’t realise they would be walking to his place and that gave them a lot of time to be awkward with each other. Her feet were also painfully swollen for walking such long distance in her state. Deciding to eradicate the silence, she asks the most generic ice breaker.

“So Kai, what do you do?”

He looks over to her with a raised eyebrow, making her feel uncomfortable since his gaze made her feel like she was being scrutinized.

“Well, I don’t know if I can tell you, but my profession requires me to have a gun” he answers but really doesn’t give her anything substantial.

“How about you, how did you end up pregnant and crying on the side of the street?” he continues.

“I umm, I was with the baby’s father, but he did some things that made me want to get away” she answers, making Jongin cross his eyebrows.

“What kind of things?” he wanted to know more.

“Well, we were going to get married next week but I just found out he’s been cheating on me for months” she croaks, trying to withhold the pain and tears coming up. Jongin felt angry, who would cheat on a girl like her? Especially when she was pregnant with your child.

“He should have been the one to leave the house, not you”

“He doesn’t know that I know” she responds.

“Jean, that son of a is probably ing some other woman right now, while you’re out here in the cold. That bastard is the one who deserves to be suffering” Jongin seethes, slightly scaring the girl.

“I know but, I just didn’t want for there to be confrontation. Especially since this baby probably wouldn’t be able to handle it” she reasoned. But Jongin still wasn’t convinced.

“How about your parents?” he inquired.

“They kicked me out when they found out I was dating him. Told me he was bad and didn’t want a daughter who was associated with a guy like that. What can I say? I thought he was my ride or die. I was stupid to believe we could end up happily ever after” she sadly answered, making Jongin even more agitated. He may be a part of the mafia but in this moment, he made a life changing decision, he was going to help this girl, she could stay with him for as long as she likes, as long as he knows she is safe and happy.

“Listen up, I don’t ever do this but for you and this baby, I made an exception…I’m going to help you, well and truly after this baby is born, I want you to be stable and maybe even get revenge on that douchebag” he states, causing Jeans eyes to go wide. How is it possible to meet such a generous handsome stranger?