Chapter 8

Even if the days a gloom, flowers still bloom.

Yixing had ordered everyone to leave the room except for Jongin. He was going to need assistance delivering the child, who better than the father?

“Your son is going to be a few weeks premature, but if we get him out and incubate him, he should grow to become a healthy newborn” Yixing told Jean who was in hysterics. She felt she had failed as a mother for failing to carry her son full term.

“Hey, Jean” Jongin cooed. She looked up and found him staring at her with a smile of assurance.

“You’re a strong woman and a strong mother, you’ve been waiting for this boy for months and he’s finally ready to see you, he’s a bit early but that’s okay, he’s just too excited. So, what I need you to do is relax so our baby doesn’t get scared okay?” Jongin lectured to her. He felt weird, he knew nothing about pregnancies but that came out of him as if it was second nature.

Jean nodded and looked towards Yixing, he nodded back and began to prepare for her delivery.

Hours passed.

The other EXO members, although had no relationship to Jean, were all outside waiting for the results. They were worried because their brother’s ‘son’ was about to be welcomed to this world.

Another hour passed and still nothing. Some were about to fall asleep but then the door opened and out came Yixing, looking tired yet relieved. Once he saw the worried and concerned look on EXO’s face he gave a little giggle.

“Jean and the baby are safe. We have a new little member of our group now boys” he announced with glee and the members uncharacteristically jumped up in celebration. It was rare to see them so happy.

Inside the room Jean was holding her baby boy, having skin to skin contact. She couldn’t believe he was real. So small yet so perfect were her thoughts, she really couldn’t stop kissing his little head which had a decent amount of hair.

Jongin looked over at both of them with a proud smile. Never would he have thought he would assist in the delivery of a baby but here he was, witnessing and experiencing the miracle of life.

The baby started to let out a cry and as if it was instinct, Jean changed his position to let him feed on her. She didn’t really care what Jongin saw as she was more invested in the little being she has in her arms. Her perfect little man. The only man she will unconditionally love for as long as she lives.

Minutes passed in complete silence. Both adults just enjoyed watching the little baby with smiles on their faces.

“Kai” she whispers as she gently the babies sleeping face. Jongin looked up from the baby to her with a curious gaze.

“Thank you” she muttered before she started to cry. Her feelings had all caught up with her. Her feelings from when she was with her fiancé, her feelings when she had the argument with kai, her feelings of possibly loosing the baby and lastly the feeling of him in her arms. Too many emotions made her break.

Jongin looked at her with worry, he came closer and did what he thought was right. He hugged her.

“Have you thought about what you want to name him?” he gently asked. She looked back at him and nodded, drops of tears still plainly seen in her eyes.

“His name will be Kangdae” she responds with a smile, eyes sparkling. Jongin loved the name, because the meaning was perfect for this little trooper

“One who is mighty and strong?” he inquires, and she nods again.  

“My Kangdae is mighty and strong”