Chapter 6

Even if the days a gloom, flowers still bloom.

The next morning was awkward to say the least, Jongin was not prepared to take care of anyone let alone a woman and a baby. When she greeted him good morning as she came out of the room and sat next to him at the dining table where he was drinking a cup of coffee. Jongin was surprised, no one is ever there to say good morning to him and he must admit, it felt nice.

“Good Morning” he eventually said back, nervously taking a sip of his coffee. He couldn’t believe the state he was in right now. He was part of a mafia, he was ruthless, brave and even killed people for a living…but somehow this lady who he had only met last night has broken through his wall of defences.

“Is there anything you need for the baby? Special things to eat? I don’t know how pregnancies work” he started, trying to make a conversation.

“Uhh no, I brought my vitamins with me in my bag, to make sure he’s healthy, I just have to eat right” she replied, intriguing Jongin.

“He?” Jongin asked inquisitively, it had just occurred to him he didn’t know the of the baby.

“Yeah a he, I had an appointment with my doctor a few days ago. I have a little healthy baby boy” she spoke and smiled down at her tummy. Jongin smiled too, thinking about how he will meet the baby one day, maybe even be part of his life as an uncle or something, if Jean would let him.

“Do you have a name picked yet?” he asked, wanting to know more.

“Well I did…he was going to be named after his father but considering the circumstances, I don’t want him to have any relation to that bastard” she uttered out in disdain.

“Well I guess we can brainstorm some new ones then?”

“I’d like that”

And so, the pair spent the rest of the morning thinking of names. Some were ridiculous, others weren’t that bad. Jean concluded that when she finally sees her boy, she will just know. A mother’s instinct.

A week passed, and Jean had been slowly getting used to her new living situations. As she was nearing her 8 months of pregnancy, she couldn’t really do much without feeling tired. She also found herself getting bored a lot since Jongin was never home during the day. She had been meaning to ask what exactly he does but since everything was so secretive and his other members were so stern, she doubted she would get a full answer out of him.

When he was home though, he cared for her as best he could. He made sure to bring food home that was nutritious for her and the baby, he even bought her a laptop to play on while she was home alone. At first Jean absolutely refused to accept such expensive gift, but he ultimately persuaded her to keep after he went on about how money wasn’t an issue for him and it wouldn’t be healthy for the baby if she wasn’t bored all the time. She questioned his reasoning there, but once again she couldn’t say no.

To her, he seemed more father like than the baby’s actual father. She reminisced back to when she told her ex-fiancé about the pregnancy. He was happy, but never showed the support or care Jongin, a man she met a week ago, is showing her. Maybe her relationship with him was always doomed from the beginning. His father probably didn’t care, even now, he’s only texted once asking for her whereabouts. If he really loved her and his son, shouldn’t he be looking for them?