Chapter 11

Even if the days a gloom, flowers still bloom.

Jongin did not know what to do.

It turns out the child that was born just a few days ago was his nephew. The son of his older brother. The older brother who was a coward and turned his back on his little brother. The same bastard who did not know how to treat his fiancé and take care of his unborn child.

Its funny how life works. Jongin never thought he would ever cross paths with his brother again, especially not in these circumstances. He’s always held a grudge against Taemin, but it wasn’t enough for him to act upon it. However, after these new revelations, he is mad. Taemin was in a gang, that was already a red flag, but his infidelity and lack of being a responsible father sent him over the edge. It’s safe to say Jean and his nephew mean a lot to him now, and his brother almost ruined them.

“What are you going to do Jongin?” Kyungsoo asks as he walks over to Jongin concerned. Jongin was still in the room with all the other members. They all knew his story with Taemin and they were equally as shocked to find out he was the biological father to the child that was born. Jongin shook his head as he rustled his hands through his hair, he was frustrated beyond compare.

“I just don’t know. I don’t know what to think or how to feel” Jongin sighed out, his eyes sunken in due to the lack of sleep and added stress.

“Are you going to tell Jean?” Kyungsoo inquired as he sits next to Jongin. Jongin turns his head towards him with an uncertain gaze.

“I…don’t know” he replies once again with a shake of his head.

“Then what do you know Jongin?” Kyungsoo berated.

“I know that I hate my brother and that I love my nephew” Jongin blurted out, offering no surprise to the other men in the room.

“We already knew that Jongin” Chanyeol chuckled in a humorous, trying to liven up the mood. Jongin let out a small smile, unable to hide his emotions.

“I think you should tell Jean, I’m sure she will understand” Junmyeon spoke up, giving jongin is ‘fatherly’ advice to which he nodded with a deep inhalation of air.

“Let us take care of Taemin, we can track him and his gang now to see if they’re violating any of the code” Kyungsoo stated. The code was a set of guidelines that determined if a gang was too dangerous or has created unfixable chaos that has impacted citizens greatly. This would lead to their eradication by EXO.

“If there’s violation we must act upon it, your relation to one of the gang members will be of no exception”. Kyungsoo declared, yes he was small, but his essence screamed authority. Jongin had no choice but to agree with him. Taemin may be his brother but he cared for EXO more, and he now has Jean and Kangdae to take care of on top of that. If Taemin is a threat to their lives, Jongin has no choice but to eliminate him. At all costs.

Jongin was pacing outside the entrance to his place within the mansion. Jean was inside there somewhere and he was nervous as hell. How would he approach her? How could he possibly tell her? Would she be mad? Would she get angry again and try to leave? Would she resent Jongin for being related to Taemin? Endless possibilities were pulsing through his mind.

All of a sudden Jongin stopped and slapped himself.

“You are not like this Jongin. You are strong, brave…a killer. Why are you this nervous because of a woman? It makes no sense. Get your together” he berated himself, wondering how a man like him could crumble like this.

“You are acting weak-“ he was just about to start again but instantly stopped when the door opened, revealing Jean. She was holding Kangdae so his tiny head was perched into her neck. Jongins eyes softened at the sight.

“Jongin what are you doing out here?” she inquired wondrously. Jongin stared at her wide eyed, not prepared for her sudden appearance.

“Um I, I was just thinking, what are you doing here” he nervously replied.

“Oh I was just feeding Kangdae and I heard mumbling out here so I got curious” she said with a smile. A beautiful smile. Jongin has always thought she was pretty but in that moment, seeing his cute little nephew in her arms and that certain mothers glow just made her breathtaking. He knew he shouldn’t be thinking these things but what can he do. He’s a man. However, his moment of mesmerisation didn’t last long as he remembered why he was so nervous before.

“Jean I need to talk to you”

“Oh sure..what do you need to talk about?” she asked interested in what he had to say.

“Maybe we should go inside first” he said as he motioned with his hands to go inside. She agreed and walked back inside, walking straight to the living area where she was sitting before. Jongin followed shortly behind, recounting the words he was going to say. 

He sat down beside her, but not too close so she could have some space. She noticed him looking at Kangdae and she gave a small smile.

“Do you wanna hold him?” she asks, making Jongin look up at her.

“Ah sure” he responded, feeling elated that he would get to hold his nephew again. Jean wasted no time in gently scooping Kangdae off her chest and passing him to Jongin to cradle. He softly held the baby close to him just like before when he first held him. He was so enamoured by the little guy he almost forgot what he was there for.

“So what did you want to talk about?” Jean peeped up, curious to what he wanted to tell her. Jongin looked up with a sigh. Nows a better time than ever.

“I need to talk about your ex” he stated, this made Jean visibly tense. This is not what she expected.

“What about him” she said with a hard tone.

“I know who he is” he revealed making Jean perk up in interest.

“Who? How?”

“Remember the story of my brother…well it turns out my brother is…your ex” he anxiously revealed. Jean didn’t know how to feel, she was shocked to say the least. Taemin? Jongins brother?

“He’s your brother? Seriously?” she exclaimed, eyebrows furrowed. Jongin gulped and nodded, his grip on Kangdae tightened, he was scared of losing him.

“I know this is a lot to handle but yes he’s my brother, no, we’re not on good terms, yes, that makes Kangdae my nephew” he blurted out, hoping it would answer most of her questions. Jean was not angry, she honestly was past the point of being angry. After Kangdae’s birth she knew it was her duty as a mother to stay level headed. So her only response was a hum. Jongin couldn’t decode what she meant by that.

“Are you angry? Do you not want to live here with me anymore? I know you might hate me, don’t worry, I won’t be offended”

“Jongin I’m not mad. Surprised yes, but mad?” she shook her head for effect. “Nothing you say Jongin will make me leave. I’m actually glad he’s your brother, it means Kangdae has a male family member to look up to as he grows up, and from what I’ve seen you’re a much better role model than Taemin ever would have been”

“I promise Jean, EXO will avenge you, Taemin is now being investigated by EXO”

“Investigated?”

“EXO investigates gangs on how seriously they break the law, the ones who are in violation…well they disappear for good” Jongin didn’t want to specifically say kill in front of the child.

“Meaning Taemin disappears as well?”

“Yes”

“And you’re okay with this, he’s your brother after all?”

“My brother abandoned me, he’s a prick and if I find out that gang is doing harmful , he’s just somebody that I used to know. A name I put to a face. Nobody”

“Well Jongin, I trust you to do what’s right” she says as she moves closer and places her hand on his cheek.

“I no longer care for that man, bury him 6 feet under, I don’t care” she then sits up to place a light kiss on his forehead. Jongin’s eyes bulged out with her action.

“If he’s a danger to this family and others. He has no right to be considered human”