Chapter 5

Even if the days a gloom, flowers still bloom.

 

It was hard to tell who was more shocked. The rest of EXO for finding out Jongin had gotten someone pregnant, Jean who did not expect Jongin to lie about him being the father of her child, or Jongin himself who couldn’t believe he just lied to his brothers and simultaneously became the father to a child that wasn’t his.

“You’re ing what now?” Chanyeol, the tall fiery red headed one burst out, making Jongin and Jean flinch. Jongin expected this, so he cleared his throat to in order to sprout more lies.

“As I was walking home from that incident, I met Jean walking down the street. She saw me and well…she started screaming and crying at me… You see about 7 months ago I went to the club and hooked up with a girl and uh…here she is now, 7 months pregnant” Jongin thoroughly explained, displaying his signature cocky smile on his face.

“Damn it Jongin, I just knew one of these days your irresponsible playboy ways will get you into trouble and look! Now you’ve got two responsibilities, a woman you don’t even love and an unwanted child” Kyungsoo, the short man from before responded in anger. However instead of Jongin to be the one to retaliate, it was Jean.

“Ya! I don’t know who you are but don’t ever say my child is unwanted, who the are you to decide that? I love this baby with all my heart” she screamed out furiously, it was one thing to insult a woman, but to insult a child in front of their mother is a death wish waiting to happen. From the looks of everyone’s faces in the room, none of them expected Jean to lash out like that, especially Jongin.

“You heard her, don’t insult our child in front of us. You guys are gonna have to learn to play nice because I intend to keep them here, and yes, that means I want to raise my child here in this house with their mother” Jongin added on, deflecting their attention off Jean who they were staring intensely at moments ago.

“Jongin, you can’t be serious right now, we don’t even know anything about her. What if she’s just lying and its not your child? Most of all, do you know how risky it is to accept an outsider?” Junmyeon berates him, despising the attitude he was displaying.

“I will take full responsibility for that, Jean will stay in my portion of the house, she will not be around you or the workings of EXO, you will barely notice her. And if she’s lying, do not worry about that either, because it was my fault in the first place for believing, so I will deal with it” Jongin explained.

The EXO members had nothing more to say, a couple of them sighed, others turned away. They couldn’t control what Jongin did, he was always impulsive and confident in what he did, so arguing with him any longer would be useless. Jongin took their silence as a dismissal, so he grabbed Jean by the arm and pulled her to follow him back out of the room.

“Bye hyungs, I will take them to my place now” he says in goodbye and leaves the room along with Jean.

When they were quite a far distance away, Jean lashed out at him.

“Kai, why did you lie and tell them you were the father?” she whispered.

“I just thought that making me have a personal connection to you and the child would make it seem less weird”

“But don’t you feel bad for telling them such a huge lie? And I can’t say I appreciate you labelling me as some easy hook-up”

“Look I’m sorry but it was the better choice for now, when things get less tense, maybe we can tell the truth. For now, lets just keep up the façade”

Jean rolled her eyes but agreed anyway, since she was his guest that he selflessly took in, so she had no right to argue.

A few minutes later they came across a large door.

“This is my expanse of the mansion” he declared as he opened to the door, revealing a living space that looked much like and apartment.

“I’ve got 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and lounge room. I imagine this will do you nicely” he introduced.

“So I imagine I will sleep in the guest room?” she inquires as she looks over to Jongin. He nods and motions for her to come follow him to the room.

“You can sleep here” he says as he turns the light on, illuminating a large king size bed.

“Thank you” she says as she stares at it. Jongin smiles.

“You must be tired, so from here I will say goodnight, if you want a shower or to eat something, you’re free to use the bathroom and kitchen” he bids and walks out of the room, leaving Jean by herself. She wasted no time to lie down on the bed. It was soft and so incredibly comfortable. She brought her hand up to her stomach to caress it as if she was consoling her baby.

“I’m sorry things turned out like this little one, but at least this nice man came and saved us”