The Truth in a Lie

My Hyung from Daegu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

18 days before they kissed again

Yoongi entered his large and spacious office and sighed as he watched his hand. Since last night and even this morning, the producer felt his hand burning after… after grabbing the young stylist’s arm. He could not help but remember how Taesang was stuttering, his blushing face, his irregular breathing.

 

“The last time I felt so overwhelmed was when Taehy…” Yoongi thought out loud but paused, unable to finish his thoughts.

 

“What are you talking about?” intervened Namjoon as he entered the office.

 

“None of your business.” The elder answered with his usual coolness.

 

“Well, can you help me to prepare today’s speech?” the younger asked with a smile.

Namjoon was the one presenting the songs for today’s meeting but the task seemed to be uncomfortable for him. Indeed, Namjoon might be one of the most famous producers of the country; he always felt a bit pressured to speak in front of people unlike Yoongi; and the pressure was even greater since the client was no less than his boyfriend Jin.

 

“What are you stressed about Joon? Jin hyung won’t eat you alive… Well, at least not in front of us” teased Yoongi while following his associate who was smiling awkwardly to their studio.

 

***

 

Meanwhile on the other side of the city, Taehyung was driving to Y.N Entertainment office with a knot in his stomach. Once again he dreamt of his former neighbor but this time he did not dream about their old childhood adventures or fantasized about a chaste kiss in a park. He dreamt about kissing the producer wildly, he dreamt about Yoongi’s name, he dreamt about Yoongi grabbing his hair tightly. Taehyung wanted that, he wanted the romantic and the carnal Yoongi, he wanted to be entirely his… but at the same time he did not know what was inside the elder’s heart. Yes, Yoongi remembered Taetae but did he remember him as his funny little dongsaeng or as someone he could have a relationship with? Could Taehyung risked for the second time to be heartbroken?

Could Taehyung say the truth and disclose his identity? Then what? What could he expect? After all, a lot of water had flowed under the bridge since then.

 

Deeply emerged in his thoughts, he did not even realize he was mumbling alone while leaving his car few blocks from the agency.

 

“Are you singing something or whispering a spell?” said a voice behind him.

 

“Jimin!” jumped Taehyung as he turned over.

 

“Hey” smiled the young vocal coach.  “Are you ready for the songs selection?”

 

Taehyung nodded with his rectangle smile but deep down he felt anxious and nervous by the upcoming reunion with Yoongi. Adding the fact he would see in a few minutes now Yoongi’s biggest accomplishment: Y.N Entertainment.

A part of him was actually sad to have missed this side of the elder life but another felt ecstatic to make up for the time lost. He knew (hoped) that one day they would wake up side by side and then all those things he missed would not count anymore. Taehyung would be by his side and Yoongi would be by his, and everything would be right with the world.

After all Taehyung waited for this moment for seven years. Seven years. Seven years where he was thinking about his hyung from Daegu, dreaming about his hyung from Daegu, wishing to see, hug, touch his hyung from Daegu. And now that he found him, he would surely not miss the chance to be with him. All things considered, Yoongi remembered Taetae. Yoongi remembered and that was all it took for Taehyung to be happy.

The young stylist craved to learn everything about this confident producer Yoongi became and he somehow knew the elder was still this stubborn child with the sweetest gummy smile.

 

“Here we are!” finally gestured Jimin after a five-minute walk, reaching a modern 35-floor building.

 

The huge building, with the logo Y.N. on top of it, was a true architectural wonder leaving Taehyung speechless. Mirror-windows were covering the whole facade while the sunlight reflection highlighted the level of detail and delicacy of the edifice. The stylist focused on each characteristic of the building as if his very life depended on it but a sudden knot of stress made him sighed.

 

“Everything gonna be alright” patted Jimin feeling Taehyung nervousness. “After all are not you the great V from the States?” he continued with his signature crescent smile making Taehyung chuckled.

 

When the two young men entered the big hall, they immediately spotted Jin who was walking towards the elevator. The singer seemed to know the place by hearth as he led them without difficulty to one of the studios on the 10th floor.

 

“Hi guys!” cheered Namjoon comfortably seated on his leather chair.

 

“Where is Yoongi Hyung?” Taehyung asked immediately as he entered the room - without even realizing he said Yoongi’s name without stuttering this time.

 

“Sharp eyes!” commented Namjoon with a smile. “He is in his office. He should arrive anytime soon but knowing the man I’ll ask our secretary to call him over.”

 

“I can do it. Where is his office?” asked directly Taehyung.

 

After all this time he doubted the elder would remember him, this time he was lost in his thoughts, Taehyung now knew what he truly and simply wanted: be with Yoongi. Yes Taehyung hated the fact Yoongi could not recognize him by sight but he was determined to make him remember, and then –maybe… he hoped- to make Him fall in love with him.

 

“Oh! Ok…” answered Namjoon a bit puzzled. “Last floor, right door. You can’t get lost, there are only two doors at this floor: my office and his”.

 

Taehyung left without further ado. There was no way he could pass up the opportunity to go to Yoongi’s personal office and have another one-to-one session.  He just craved to see the elder, ear his voice and smell his perfume.

 

Finally in front of the big black door, Taehyung knocked slightly.

No answer.

He tried a bit harder.

Still nothing.

He then turned the handle and opened the big door. Inside, the decoration was minimal, black and white; ‘typical of Yoongi’ the young stylist smiled recalling how the elder bedroom was, when they were teenagers.

Taehyung slowly went in the empty office and inhaled the air deeply. ‘It smells like him’. He watched conscientiously the numerous awards in the display case and smiled as if it was his own.

His eyes then stopped on a picture of Yoongi and Namjoon in front of a decrepit old building ‘it has to be their office at the debut’ guessed Taehyung with his undying smile. ‘He had came a long way…’.

He finally paused on another picture of Yoongi in front of a piano making his heart skipped a beat at the old souvenir of Yoongi playing for him when they were just 6 and 4 years old.

 

“Impressed?” asked a deep voice behind him.

 

“Oh God!” jumped Taehyung “Why do people love to make me shudder in this country?”

 

“Because it’s funny to see you jump” smirked Yoongi. “So, could I know why you’re in my office spying on my pictures like a sasaeng fan?”

 

Taehyung could not help but laugh at the jest. Yoongi has his way of being laid-back, yet funny and full of sarcasm. Taehyung had always loved this cool aspect of the elder.

 

“First question: I’m more than impressed I feel proud.” The younger answered playfully “Second: I am not a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter