Kill me!

My Hyung from Daegu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

22 days before they kissed again

 

As he arrived at Incheon Airport, Taehyung stretched out his arms breathing the Korean air after 7 years abroad.

 

“Home” he said quietly.

 

Yes Taehyung was home! He smiled hearing passer-by speaking with the Busan accent, seeing couples having matching clothes and children eating some ginseng candies with their grandparents.

“Only in Korea.”  He smiled wider.

 

It was a funny thing coming back here. Nothing changed, everything looked the same, even smelt the same. The one who changed was him. Indeed, 22 years old Taehyung was not the short kid he used to be anymore. No more brush haircut, no more chubby cheeks and plump arms, no more big glasses hiding his face and well Taehyung was definitely not short either.

 

“Tomorrow, serious stuff begins” he said to himself.

 

So far the flight ticket was not a joke so Taehyung felt fairly optimistic that the “top secret” meeting for Seokjin comeback would not be either.

He also remembered how the letter specified that “a group of professionals” would be gathered… “Professionals”… that meant Taehyung would not be the only one attending the meeting. Who those other guests would be? Taehyung could not tell but felt excited as he drove his rented car to the apartment his assistant booked for him.

Actually Taehyung could not name any of Korea top elites or whatsoever from the last seven years. He tried way too much to cut the cord with the country and anything that could have made him feel homesick, Yoongi-sick. Seeing the country from afar made his heart twitched, and live in the past somehow.

‘Memory could only be a wonderful thing if you don’t have to deal with the past’.

His heart skipped a beat at the thought.

 

When the young man finally reached the apartment, he felt he could live here all his life. The building was picturesque and charming giving the atmosphere an unexpected poetic sensation. And the view! The view from his balcony would leave any life-skeptical in a wow. The landscape seemed to be infinite, no limitations just pure sunset so beautiful that one could have been mistaken for a dawn.

 

“Sunset is still my favorite color.” he whispered. “Such a shame I could not share this with…“

 

His heart skipped another beat.

 

“Wait Taehyung if your heart would stop every now and then, you won’t survive in here” he chuckled a hand on his chest.

 

“After all… maybe… I could go to Daegu two or three days, just to…” he murmured at the thought.

 

Taehyung could not lure himself. He obviously knew he would not go to Daegu to see Mister Creepy Kwon but to see if Yoongi still lived in the same house, to embrace his parents who saw him grow, to feel in the tip of his fingers the tree where he craved “Taegi 4 ever”, to walk in Dalseong park and quietly remember his childhood memories. Go to Daegu to see if he could take back the life he left years ago… or not. Have a sort of closure; hear Yoongi rejecting him, hear Yoongi accepting him. Just hear the boy so he could stop projecting a fantasy of how their life could have been. Maybe.

 

Taehyung sighed.

 

Tomorrow is another day.

 

 

21 days before they kissed again

 

When the young man woke up, he felt a bit disoriented. His mind needed two minutes to recollect itself and remembere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter