The Great V

My Hyung from Daegu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

15 days before they kissed again

Taehyung entered his car with difficulty this morning. He went to bed late last night but if he had to do it over again, nothing would change, nothing.

He would redo it: spend the day then the night with Yoongi talking about anything that meant talking about everything.

Actually Taehyung thought it was kind of cute that Yoongi bothered to stay up late just to talk to him.

 

The young man yawned and typed “29 Bongeunsa road” on his GPS.

When he reached the address given by Hoseok, he saw a large two-floor white building named “Hope Studio”, in front of it the choreographer was waiting.

 

“V!” welcomed Hoseok. “Happy to see you again.”

 

“Morning hyung” replied the stylist with his boxy smile. “Am I the first one to arrive?”

 

“Yes…” the dancer answered after a long ten seconds frowning at Taehyung’s signature rectangle smile. “Let’s get in” he continued but in an unusual, somewhat distant voice.

 

They walked silently in one of the practice rooms and sat on the chairs at the back. Hoseok offered a cup of coffee to the younger and sipped quietly his own.

 

“I was coming from my studio the other day and I saw you get in Yoongi’s car” started the elder. “Then a feeling of déja-vu hit me…”

 

“A feeling of deja-vu?” Taehyung questioned while noticing the strange atmosphere emanated from the dancer.

 

“Yes…” weakly smiled Hoseok. “But I guess it’s because I already saw your face from a magazine somewhere”.

 

“Sure! Where else it could be?” the younger chuckled inaudibly.

 

Hoseok smiled awkwardly, his eyes scanning the younger deeply making Taehyung raised an eyebrow at the heavy stare.

 

“I was wondering…” hesitated the elder. “It should have been weird coming back to Korea.”

 

 “I lived all my life in the States” Taehyung answered calmly, trying to keep his identity as Taesang credible. “So we cannot really say I came back”

 

Hoseok smiled slightly but continued to stare the stylist from his feet to his head.

“Really?” he finally murmured to his mug with a low-pitched voice.

 

“Really.” replied Taehyung while holding the elder’s gaze.

 

The stylist took a sip of his coffee but swallowed hard. He, however, kept his composure.

 

 “So why an American-based stylist like you decided to cross the ocean to come to a country he never saw?” the dancer asked, his voice deeper than usual.

 

“Jin hyung’s project. Is there any other reason?” defended Taehyung more and more buried in his lies.

 

“I don’t know. You tell me.” Snapped back the choreographer.

 

“What’s the matter, hyung?” frowned the younger, his eyes penetrating Hoseok’s.

 

At the exact same moment, the door opened loudly at the appearance of Jin and Namjoon.

“Here are the kids!” jested Jin.

 

“Here is the outdated singer!” teased Hoseok, back to his usual bubbly self and heartening voice.

 

Taehyung watched how Hoseok cheered the duo happily and thought deeply about the dancer interrogation. He sometimes really wished he could read people mind and right now he really wanted to find out why Hoseok was so suspicious towards him.

 

Minutes after Jungkook joined the group with a big smile, followed by Yoongi; Yoongi’s nonchalant and y vibe contrasting with the mankae bunny and cute face.

 

“When I look at you two, I want to protect one and be protected from the other!” joked Hoseok making the others laughed out loud, except Taehyung.

 

“You only have one job Hobi, and it’s not making jokes.” said Yoongi with his raspy voice, a soft smile on his face.

Yoongi then looked at Taehyung and nodded as a way to greet him. The younger just smiled shyly before he felt another pair of eyes staring at him: it was Hoseok.

 

“So! Let’s begin!” announced Jin clapping his hands together to get the attention of everyone.

 

Hoseok was the first one to talk. He showed them the dance he thought would match with the song and highlighted the necessity of having background dancers. Jungkook, then, proposed three modern locations where they could shoot the music video.

Ultimately, Taehyung shared his view.

Wait.

Not Taehyung but the determined and strong-willed stylist V.

V was known to be one of the best stylists in the States. Taehyung could have been flustered by Yoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter