Him...

My Hyung from Daegu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2017 – Los Angeles

Taehyung’s studio

 

Taehyung entered his spacious studio, a pair of scissors with fabrics on a wooden table, sewing and weaving tools on another and mannequins on the corner. Known as V, the famous stylist based in the United States just finished his collection for this year spring and could finally enjoy the peace after three months of hard work and doubts.

He ran his fingers on one of the suit and inhaled the air from the clothes surrounding the space. He came a long way to become the stylist he is now, fighting to find his place, to stand out from the crowd, him the little guy from South Korea.

However, a part of him was missing. A part of him wanted to go back to his mother country, he missed the food, the people, he even missed speaking his own language but most of all he missed the view from Palgong Mountain where he once saw the sunrise in the clear and fair sky with… -Taehyung heart skipped a beat- with… Him.

 

Knock knock knock

 

The stylist suddenly jumped, away from his usual thoughts, his usual memories of a past life in Daegu, his usual day dreaming of Him. Never Taehyung tried to find Him or search for the other’s name on the Internet. He could not even say his name out loud… He kept telling himself to forget about Him but he just could not do it. He spent years without talking to Him, years without seeing Him but not a second went by that he did not think about Him. When he wanted to smile, to gather some courage, to peace his heart, he knew exactly what to do: he just closed his eyes and thought of Him. However, every time it occurred, he felt a pain in his heart.

 

« Mister Kim ?» voiced his assistant behind the door.

 

« Yes Juliette you can get in » answered the stylist.

 

« Mister Kim, you received a letter from Korea » said the woman who entered the room quietly holding the white paper out to her boss.

 

Taehyung examined the letter marked with a “Top Secret” stamp a bit confused.

 

Dear V,

 

After five years of absence, I feel the urge to comeback on stage but only a group of professionals can help me. 

V, I watched you from afar and I know that only you can help me to comeback on stage. I need your eye and your sense of fashion to help me be myself again, to find the courage to meet my fan, to reborn.

 

Please accept this invitation to be part of the “worldwide handsome operation” and work with me in Seoul.

 

Kim Seokjin.

 

Taehyung burst out laughing, what joke was this?

Unlike he succeeded to make a name for himself in the US, never he grasped the opportunity to work in his home country and now this letter was sent to his studio. What is more, a “top secret” letter from the famous South-Korean singer Seokjin who retired years ago! Taehyung was naïve but not stupid and threw the letter in the closest garbage of the workshop in front of his assistant who watched him surprised.

 

“Sir, a flight ticket was attached to this letter…” she noted with her soft voice.

 

Taehyung directly took back the letter, dumbfounded and read it again and again. Maybe the occasion he craved so much to come back in Korea was between his hands. But could he?

After what happened, could Taehyung be back to his country and see Him? What were the odds to meet Him again? Could Taehyung run the risk of encountering with… His Hyung from Daegu?

 

 

1999 – Daegu

Yoongi’s House

 

“Hyung! Hyung! Please play again” whined a chubby and little 4 years old Taehyung,

“Okay Taetae but it’ll be the last time, alright?” answered the other boy, 2 years elder, his fingers already running on the keyboard of the massive piano.

“Gigi Hyung is the best!” smiled the younger while the other rolled his eyes with a smile.

 

“Gigi Hyung” that was how Taehyung used to call Him… But his name was Yoongi. Min Yoongi: Taehyung’s neighbour for whom his admiration knew no bounds.

 

Somewhere along the way, their paths did eventually cross.

As Taehyung’s parents worked, Yoongi’s mother offered to care for the child, leading both kids to form an inseparable duo. Taehyung met Yoongi when this one was lost, alone, not knowing why the other kids rejected him. For them, Yoongi was strange, a 6 years old musical child prodigy and weirdo; but for the little boy, the older was everything. If you asked him:

Why he was not scared of the dark, he would tell you because he had “Gigi Hyung”. Why his first day of school was a good experience: thanks to “Gigi Hyung” What he wanted to do for his birthday: be with “Gigi Hyung”

 

 

2004 – Daegu

Dalseong Park

 

“Bet you can’t hit it!” smirked Yoongi to a chubby, short and cute 9 years old Taehyung.

 

They were playing with Yoongi’s new ball and challenge themselves for now hours. Actually, Taehyung was the one challenging His Hyung. He first said Yoongi could not s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter