Into The Past

My Hyung from Daegu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 days before they kissed again

 

“Fear is temporary. Regret is forever. “ Taehyung murmured to himself laid on his bed.

 

He did not left his room the last two days.

He declined Jimin’s invitation to go play paintball with Jungkook, he declined Namjoon’s proposition to party downtown with the group, he declined Hoseok’s attempt to cheer him up. He declined everything because he did not have the strength to do anything. Or maybe, the only strength he could have was to go to Yoongi’s room and confess…

 

‘Hoseok was right’ he thought. There was no illusion greater than fear.

Taehyung knew that. He already regretted those times when he had chosen to hide his feelings, to lie. He had wasted enough time loving Yoongi from afar. And now he needed to tell the truth or he would regret all his life.

Taehyung could not change what was done, he could not go back in time, he could not try to change the hurt feelings or mend the broken heart. All he could do was learn from his past, and hope he would never regret anything as much as he did now.

 

He finally left his room and went straight to Yoongi’s.

He knocked quietly and opened the door without waiting for an answer.

But as soon as he went in, he froze at the sight of the elder sleeping in his bed.

‘It seems he did not leave his room either’ the younger thought instantly.

How did he know that? He could not tell, he just knew.

 

He came closer and stared at his beloved Hyung silently, scanning his features, his pale skin, his plump lips, his soft black hair.

Taehyung loved to see him sleep. He forgot about pain, problems, stress, everything for a while. All that was important now was Yoongi's heartbeat.

 

Taehyung touched the elder cheek softly, and then brushed his fingers in his hair gently making sure he did not wake him up.  

In fact, he just wanted to kiss him, kiss him like he was the brightest thing he had never seen. Kiss him until he forgot how to count. Kiss him stupid. Kiss him silent.

Cravings that possessed him and such desires seemed to have no end.

 

“I have so much to say to you… but I’m so afraid” he whispered before leaving, but a sudden sparkle around the elder’s neck drew back his eyes to him.

 

The sparkle of a necklace. A necklace from his past, written in his heart. THE Necklace. The one he gave him in 2009 when they were 14 and 16 years old. The necklace Taehyung wore since then. The necklace he hid under his clothes at this very moment.

 

Taehyung backed off a few steps at the sigh. Shocked.

‘Hyung wore it… He never threw it away’ he thought trembling. He backed off again until his back banged into the door and exited the room without a word, forgetting how to breathe, to talk, to think.

 

But when he left, something unexpected happened in the bedroom… Yoongi.

Yoongi opened his eyes.

He was not sleeping.

Actually he could not sleep since the first day he came back to Daegu. Since the day he realized he loved Taesang as much as he loved Taehyung. Since the day his heart was split into two.

He opened his eyes and touched his cheek reliving the younger’s brush.

 

“Who are you Taesang?” he sighed.

 

 

2 days before they kissed again

 

When Taehyung woke up this morning, Yoongi already left. The young producer went downtown to see his parents according to Jin. Fair enough, Taehyung would join him and tell him everything his heart was holding all those years, disclose the truth of his identity and his feelings. He would join him even if this one was on the other side of the moon.

 

“Happy to see you out of your room” Hoseok smiled as he joined the stylist in the sitting room. “Here a note from Yoongi” the dancer held a paper out to him with a smirk .

 

“Did you read it?” Taehyung asked suspiciously.

 

“Of course I did!” the elder laughed out.

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes and read without further delay.

 

I know I am weird with you…

When I first saw you, you pissed me off. There is still something in you I can’t decipher. But then... well… I guess I don’t hate you… I guess I appreciate you a bit (stop smiling like a fool Taesang I said “a bit” – and no it’s not cheesy cause I said “a bit”)

- Y

 

Taehyung smiled widely like a fool and read the note again and again before frowning.

 

“So Yoongi’s funny handwriting never changed since high school…” he muttered narrowing his eyes on the dancer who shrugged. “So the note taped on my door to go to Daegu together was not his… Hyung!?”

 

“Come on! I’m your guardian angel!” Hoseok laughed hugging the younger. “And I knew... you... you both craved to do this trip together. You’re so timid that I needed to give a little help” he added teasingly.

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes but smiled.

“Hoseok hyung can you help me again then?” he whispered in the dancer ear. “Can I borrow your car?”

 

“Where do yo-” Hoseok asked before giving him a knowing look. “…Of course you can!”

 

“I- I am scared you know…” Taehyung sighed.

 

“Everything gonna be alright” The elder reassured while giving him his car keys. “Friendship is not about being inseparable, but about being separated and knowing nothing had changed… Believe me, Yoon likes you no matter if you’re Taesang or… Taehyung” he murmured at the last word.

 

Taehyung smiled back weakly, half convinced and sighed again, before standing up from his chair taken by a sudden courage.

“See you guys!” he announced robotically as he left the room.

 

“What?” shouted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter