The Day they kissed again

My Hyung from Daegu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 day before they kissed again

 

Loudspeaker: This is the last call for all passengers traveling on Korail Lines. Train number 358A, the 10PM departure for Seoul.

 

Taehyung casted one last glance at the rails and went into the train with a long desperate sigh as he saw the doors close behind him.

 

And at the very same moment, Yoongi entered in the central station in a hurry. He turned right and left, then ran to the departure board.

 

“The train to Seoul would leave in 2 minutes…” he breathed out before running like a bat out of hell to the rails.

 

He could not let Him go.

He could not let Him go again.

 

Yoongi craved to see Taehyung. He craved to see Him today and for the rest of his life and give Him soft and wet kisses. He craved to say that he adored Him when he felt at his worst and loved Him when he felt at his best. He craved Him in ways where he just wanted to be next to Him and nothing more or less.

 

He overtook passengers along the way, and even banged few of them.

He rarely ran this fast in this life. He was running for his love, for his future, for Taehyung.

 

***

Flashback

2010 Daegu

Honk street

 

Yoongi was walking on Honk Street with his mother, back from the market, his arms full of bags with vegetables and fruits. But his soul was not here.

 

He was still flustered by Taehyung’s kiss and confession in their high-school locker rooms. He wanted to see the younger but he was also very afraid. Taehyung tried to call him multiple times, rang at his door and even found and went to his workplace but he could not face him. Not now. He needed time…

 

He shared his life with Taehyung for years, he was his best friend but now everything changed. Taehyung said that he loved him. And even if Yoongi did have suspicions about it, this confession made things so concrete… and he was scared.

He was scared because he did not have the reaction that a ‘normal’ boy would have in this kind of situation. A ‘normal’ guy who had been kissed by another would be mad, disgust and angry. But Yoongi was none of that… And this was precisely what scared him the most.

 

“I am worrying about you.” voiced Yoongi’s mother bringing him back to reality. “Are you okay Honey?…” she softly asked.

 

“Why?” snapped back his 17 year-old son.

 

Yoongi’s mother stopped walking and frowned as she was staring at his child really carefully.

“Because He is moving out today…” she softly said. “I know you’re almost a man and that you want to be strong but yo-“

 

“Who?” cut Yoongi, his heart suddenly running fast in his chest. “Who’s moving out?”

 

“The Kim’s…” she answered quietly. “Didn’t Taehyung tell you that he’s moving to the States?” she frowned a bit confused.

 

Yoongi dropped the bags he was carrying on, and ran like a starving wolf to Taehyung’s house.

Although he was afraid to face the younger and confront his feelings, he was even more afraid to lose him. He ran as if his life depended on it, he ran as if the earth would explode at any moment, he ran as if he could lose the love of his life in the blink of an eye.

But just when he finally arrived at the younger’s house, he saw the Kim’s car drawing away, taking Taehyung with it.

Then the world just seemed to slow down.

It was too late.

And no matter how loud he could shout and cry, Taehyung would not hear him anymore.

 

***

 

 

When Yoongi finally reached the train, this one was leaving just in front of his eyes. So he gathered his every strength and ran faster.

 

“Taehyung!” he screamed at the top of his lungs as he tried to catch it.

 

But the train was obviously faster than him and soon Yoongi could only see a vague shape of the locomotive machine on the horizon. A nightmare.

 

“Taehyung!” he repeated in a murmur defeated. “It’s too late…”

 

Yoongi put his hands to his forehead and felt like he would break down crying.

He thought about the first time he met Taehyung and all the important words that could remain unsaid: ‘I love you’.

He also thought about the last time he saw Taehyung and the words he said: ‘go away’.

Go away.

The words burnt his heart like fire.

He tried to hold it in, but cried his eyes out, then a little voice in his head told him to not give up, to take chances, to risk it all.

So he ran outside of the station wiping his tears off his cheeks and got in his car.

 

“Ok buddy you have thre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter